It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off the net & read more books !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm a long time conspiracy theorist and I'll be the first to tell you the net is the absolute best place to dig up some juicy dirt. However to get a full picture on your subject of choice (politics, history, science, etc) you must get off the net and read *several* books on the subject.

I've found nothing on the net that rivals the kind of comprehensive view you get from books. If all you do is fart around on the net reading conspiracy theory stuff and watching videos two things are going to happen :

1) Your head is going to be filled with a flood of tangled conspiracy theories

2) Anyone who knows more stuff on the issue than you (read: formal education) is going to blow you out of the water and leave you searching for answers to their inquiries.

So when you propose theory XYZ about the Vietnam "conflict" if you don't know basic facts 1, 2 and 3 someone with even a college freshman education will be able to embarrass you. Don't even bother with history buffs. Even worse are the people who get their facts mixed up because you gotta know enough to show them the error of their way in a thorough manner.

For many of the questions here at ATS there is a decent chance a book out has the answer. By going out , reading that book and then sharing your knowledge with us you're doing us all an enormous favor.

I can not emphasize this point enough : If you want a better view of conspiracies theories you must read several books on the subject. By not doing this you're placing yourself and the community at a severe disadvantage. Here at ATS alone there are probably several thousand post whos questions are answered in books.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I completely agree. I go to the library at least once a week. But the problem with me is that I only read Star Wars books/Novels. but this is a great thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I do both.... plus I add a third angle... I have experienced some! Haha! Wow that frickin rocks. A trifecta of conspiracy theorist perfection. Although I don't take notes... at least not until I have enough experience to write a good book myself.

join