It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recieved a strange text message recently from ALMOST your own number?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi.

I am a little bit freaked out by what I have just experianced. About 1 hour ago I recieved a text message.

Nothing un-normal except the phone number was almost my own.

Say, for example, if my number was:

the number that messaged me would have been:

It's almost thesame damn number. Could be an error, who knows?

The content of the message?
No text. Just a 'multimedia'/internet peice of information that won't load up due to an 'error' even though the internet does work on my phone.

A little bit freaky that almost my own number would send me a message with nothing.

Yesterday I read that the U.S goverment authorised tracking individual phones. I know I live in the U.K and I am unsure if the U.K goverment have authorised tracking phones.

Would this be a way to do it? Because surely the peice of data that was sent to me could establish some kind of link if you knew what you was doing.

So I add my conspiracy to the list but even if your not thinking there is anything unusual going on could you please just state if you know of anyone recieving a similar message from an almost replicated number.

By the way, if it makes any difference I'm on Orange (phone network).

I searched for the number on google and yahoo - recieving no search results.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The only explanation I can think of is if someone in your family is on the same plan as you. If you are sharing phone plans then the numbers can be very similar. Otherwise it may have just been someone sending a text message to people that have a number similar to their number. If you think about it, if you wanted to send a joke message switching the last digit of your own number to something else is an easy way to do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MGauntz

Thank you for your reply.

We do not actually share phone plans but my parents bought thier phones at the ssame time and registered thier SIM cards within days of each other. This gives them the same number up until the last 4 digits.

There is the joke possibility still there. I won't deny it. Thanks for your input.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Having worked for a telecommunication company I can only say that numbers are given out at random and even if someone has a family plan, in most cases the phone numbers are more often than not completely different and not sequential - definitely not by just one number.

I would suggest calling your provider and seeing if they may have an explanation for it.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by ReginaAdonna]

top topics

join