It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sight in Oklahoma Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This Wednesday night about 940pm CST my wife and I spotted an unusal sight in the sky over Oklahoma.

Upon turning onto a freeway exit ramp we both noticed a cylinder shaped object above a low income housing complex. My wife got the better view than I did since I was driving. We both agree that this cylinder was about 100 to 150 ft long. Looked like it's outer skin was made of an uneven colored cement type fabric. I'm not sure as to how high up it was, but I'm guessing around 500 feet. This craft flashed a bright white beam of light down to the housing complex and immeaditely speed upwards into space. The whole sighting took place in a matter of just a few seconds. We couldn't see either ends of this cylinder to tell if it was curved like a propane tank or flat like a rolling pin. To the best of my knowledge there were no other lights on this craft to give it away as a military or commerical aircraft.

I'll explain more about this area if the need be later on. The only other thing I can add at this time is that the area has been known as a bit of an UFO hotspot over the years.

This is my first UFO sighting. Thanks for reading.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
did it look like the picture below which is a very highly known picture i found a while ago

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbrendanx
did it look like the picture below which is a very highly known picture i found a while ago

Well, it's about the same proportion, but it's a bit hard to compare side by side photos since I have none from the sighting. Thank you for posting the photo. I've tried to find one which might be close but couldn't find one.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Can you give me more information on the location of this sighting? I am in Oklahoma City, so you can be very specific. Always good to see another Okie here. I love your avatar and add that I will not forget 4-19-1995 either.

Did your object look anything like the one on this video?

Google Video Link

[edit on 11/24/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by giorgius

These are great videos, especially the first one. I want one. They don't explain the sighting though. Beam of light and shooting up into space?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Avenger, here's a link to the Tulsa location of the sighting. Yes the craft looked a bit like the provided video.

giorgius, thank you for the links to the various solar airships. There is a small airport nearby the sighting area but what I saw was a much sturdier object.

Wiget, thanks for your reply. The "beam of light" was more like a very bright spotlight than anything close to a lazer beam or such. Perhaps that explains it a bit better if needed.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Did you notice any sound with this event? Were there other people that you think may have seen this? Was the object in view when you when you looked at that spot, or did it come into view from somewhere else, and then leave?

By the way, I live just on the Ok/Ar line south and east of there, and make trips out there a couple times a year. Good to know we have the middle earth covered.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Very interesting, Sanity Lost. Thank you for the report on your sighting. I will
try to compare it to a few others and see where it goes.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Didn't notice any sound. Had the windows rolled up anyway. I don't know if anyone else has seen it except for my wife who first pointed it out to me as the light appeared. Perhaps a few people outside at the housing project at that time, I just don't know. Yes the craft was in view as I turned to find the source of the light. Once the light went out the craft appeared to quickly rise and vanish into the dark

By the way, I live just on the Ok/Ar line south and east of there, and make trips out there a couple times a year. Good to know we have the middle earth covered.

I have some family of sorts out toward Ft. Smith and so forth as well. Thank you for your comments neighbor.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Was it the light coming down from the craft that first got your attention on it? It's pretty dark at the time of evening that you saw it.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

this cylinder was about 100 to 150 ft long. Looked like it's outer skin was made of an uneven colored cement type fabric. I'm not sure as to how high up it was, but I'm guessing around 500 feet.

500 ft up is about the height of a 40-story skyscraper. Furthermore, a 100-150 ft object is quite large, so I'm guessing (at that altitude) it appeared to be right "in your grill!" This must have been quite shocking. It's one thing to see an odd light in the night sky, but cases like the one you describe would really challenge the individuals concept of reality.. How are you and your wife dealing with this event? What are your feelings?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
TheAvenger

Was it the light coming down from the craft that first got your attention on it? It's pretty dark at the time of evening that you saw it.

Yes, the light is what caused me to notice it. My wife says she saw it before the light. The light was as bright as a flash bulb from a camera.

Scramjet76

It's one thing to see an odd light in the night sky, but cases like the one you describe would really challenge the individuals concept of reality.. How are you and your wife dealing with this event? What are your feelings?

I've questioned the concept of reality for sometime now. My questions have been things like "why at this one intersection near my old house in Spencer (N.E. 36th st and N. Douglas Blvd.) were there alway several white cars", "why do certain buildings appear not to be the same distance from each other from one day to the next", and "why do street lights tend to flicker or turn off when I go by". I'm not sure there is such a thing as reality.

How am I feeling about this sighting? I've felt a bit jumping as one might feel after experiencing a automobile accident. My wife is another story below.

She is somewhat of a physic who sees ghost and shadow figures every week. She has had a UFO sighting once before. When I asked how she was feeling about this, she said she would like to go out and look for more.

I've had time to ask her more of what she saw since she had a better view than I did. According to her the craft looked just like the one in xbrendanx's photo. In addition to the white light that came down to the ground there were additional lights moving along the bottom of the craft. These lights changed colors as they moved. They started red, then orange, then yellow.

Here is where our views differ a bit. I thougth the whole sighting took place in a matter of a few seconds. She claims the white light shown for about 30 seconds and the whole event took place in one minute. I was under the impression that the craft went straight up as the white light went out. She stated that once the white light went off the craft remained at the same height and moved quickly off to the north.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
xbrendanx, What can you tell us about the source of your cylindrical object photo posted above?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I was very interested to see the picture at the beginging of this post as I witnessed an identical object on Saturday afternoon November 17 at 2.30pm local time (Melbourne Australia). I was sitting on my front porch looking east toward Mount Dandenong when I saw an object identical to the one in the photo moving slowly south. It would of been about 7KM's from me and appeared at arm's length to be about 5mm in length and 1.5mm deep. I watched for about 3 or 4 minutes as it moved slowly south then it appeared to disolve over about 5-10 seconds of time. I kept watch on the area where it was last seen for several hour's but nothing further was seen.
I spoke to a local UFO Investigator about my sighting and he informed me that the Dandenong mountains area yields more UFO sightings than any where else in the state.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Did you see any features on this craft such as lights or anything else which may describe it better? Were any unsual noises or weather conditions taking place at that time? Were you alone at this time or did someone else view this craft at the same time?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

In answer to Sanity Lost what caused me to first see this object was as it reflected the bright sunlight. (it's summer here in Australia-the weather was clear and hot) It was to far away to hear any noise from it but I got the impression it was brown in colour. How a brown object could reflect sunlight I dont know but thats what it did. Unfortunatly the family were out but I told them when they returned home. I have also seen out of the corner of my eye what appears to be a shadow disapearing quickly in several rooms of my house however this started before I saw the UFO so I doubt they are connected.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbrendanx

It's a baloon (I forgot the name of them). They float on the heat locked inside them alone as they are made of a very light material. The guy I worked with accidently let his go and it flew off. I think that picture is just a result of someones butterfingers lol

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think we can safely assume that what the soviet air force is chasing in the video above is not a balloon.

new topics

top topics

join