It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This The Most Influential Sci-Fi Film Ever?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Depends on your definition of 'influential'. In terms of film making, there have been 4 sci-fi films that changed the way movies were made forever:
Star Wars
Jurassic Park
The Matrix

Those four movies completely revolutionized the way sci-fi films are made.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

What about the Terminator films? All of them are perfect flawless films. I can push the reply button and never will be disappointed by the films.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

What about the Terminator films? All of them are perfect flawless films. I can push the reply button and never will be disappointed by the films.

The terminator films were very influential (well, the first two). Actually, T2 should probably be added to my list. The effects in that movie had never really been done before.

Honestly though, 3 and 4 were junk, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Those are fighting words! No, I know everyone doesn't like the non James Cameron Terminator film. But they're awesome in my opinion. As well the television series and anything Terminator related. I'm a huge Terminator fan.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Those are fighting words! No, I know everyone doesn't like the non James Cameron Terminator film. But they're awesome in my opinion. As well the television series and anything Terminator related. I'm a huge Terminator fan.
The tv series was fantastic.

The problems with 3 and 4, in my opinion, was that they were simply standard action flicks. The first two had horror elements, they have incredible effects, and good casts. They just had so many elements to them, and not just wall to wall action.

I mean, Nick Stahl as John Conner? No thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yes, you're correct. I was disappointed in the T-X from the third film and I did like the the ideas of the fourth film. However, I agree that the two films are more action in nature than having great characters and ideas. Christian Bale was an okay John Connor. But they need someone who can both look and make you feel John Connor as the leader of the Resistance. A character that can play like a legend.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join