It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XBOX Crashed... Again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't believe you get a new console, you just get a working console.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've been working @ a multi-billion dollar. worldwide shipping Co. for a decade now ..and since the inception of the 360?

MAD people, str8 up, HUGE numbers of people have their 360 # the bed on them. I must see 30 of the boxes they send TO YOU, to return it to them, EVERY DAY.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Someone should buy me a ps3 already.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just last week a lad who works at the same company as me bought a new XBox and within 5 minutes of it been powered up it froze, good job he saw sense to by a PS3 last year though.

The reason for him buying the box was for the better online gaming, fair dues it beats the PS3 hands down................BUT it is only as good as your box works right.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've had my 360 for 6 months when it recently died on me. I had heard all the horror stories about microsoft customer services so I overheated mine with the towel trick and bingo, it's as good as new

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I had mine for 1 year 9 months since release, then it died on me. Red ring of death. Sent it away. Whole process took a month and a half, when I got it back. Well, it was broken when I got it back. They broke the part that connects the controllers to the xbox while they were fixing it.

Another month and a half. Just got my system back a week and a half ago. It broke initially mid november. I feel like I just walked back out of the dark ages.

"should have gone with a ps3"
Yea, except then I wouldn't have any good games to play.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

"should have gone with a ps3"
Yea, except then I wouldn't have any good games to play.

Used to be true, it's not anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

no no, its still pretty true lol. Anything that ps3 can do 360 can do better. Like the old song goes. ps3 online sucks. Just about all of ps3 good games are on the 360 and better. Madden 08 anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Sorry bro but you need to start reading up on some of the PS3 exclusives.

it's pretty obvious your a 360 fan boy, so it's pointless arguing with you.

I just hope you didn't buy an HD-DVD add on. LMAO

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by grimreaper797

Sorry bro but you need to start reading up on some of the PS3 exclusives.

it's pretty obvious your a 360 fan boy, so it's pointless arguing with you.

I just hope you didn't buy an HD-DVD add on. LMAO

Im going to since shooter is hd-dvd only.

Im not a fan boy, I just lost faith in sony since the ps2. I was a huge sony fan until about 3 years ago. They just fell off. Name me 3 good exclusives for ps3.

Unreal tournament is suppose to be good but I hated gears of war and thats about the same thing. Same maker.

MGS4 has gotten progressively worse in my eyes. (although MGS1 ranks as my second all time favorite game) The final fantasy series are a waste of money at this point (although ff7 is my favorite game of all time).

Now. Working as somebody who sells video games and the systems, I can say for a fact right now the 360 is 100 times better, and its also cheaper. Its online is dominate. Sure in about 1-2 years the graphics on PS3 will be much better than 360. Unfortunately the development kits for the ps3 are much more complicated and time consuming than the 360's and its overall easier for developers to go on the 360 and make a next gen game.

Aside from MGS4, what good exclusives does the PS3 have anymore. DMC4 both systems. GTA4 both systems. COD4 both systems. the only difference is 360 has a much better online capability.

OK you have time crisis and socom which are some what big games.
Resisance sucked the first time, why would I want a sequal for it? Grand Turismo 5 might be good, even though I felt 4 was horrrible and actually gave it away. killzone 2 isnt even worth talking about. I see maybe about 3-4 games on the PS3 I would rent. Thats about it.

For the 360 we have Fable 2, which looks freaking incredible. Alan Wake which looks really interesting. We already have Mass Effect, which is an incredible game. We have the new splinter cell exclusive to 360. The entire halo series, including the up and coming halo wars. We already have bioshock, which I consider to be one of the best single player games I have played in awhile. Bioshock and mass effect being the two best single player games Ive played since my halo 1/MGS ff7 days. Ace combat 6. And even though I hate gears of war, the second one is probably going to be big anyway. Oh yeah Too Human is suppose to be big, even though I haven't looked into it at all.

Honestly. Grand turismo 5 and MGS4 will sell, but not as much as gears 2 and Fable 2. Oh an Left 4 Dead is going to be amazing.

I dont see any reason to get a ps3 unless you are a huge MGS/Gran Turismo fan.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Im going to since shooter is hd-dvd only.

I hope you know Toshiba has officially canceled the HD-DVD format. The movie will be coming to Blu-Ray soon.

Also, Microsoft is thinking about making a Blu-Ray add-on. LMAO a Sony product on a 360.

I dont see any reason to get a ps3 unless you are a huge MGS/Gran Turismo fan.

Well your opinions of games are biased. You still missed a ton of great exclusives. Uncharted, FFXIII ares some of the best.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I hope you know Toshiba has officially canceled the HD-DVD format. The movie will be coming to Blu-Ray soon.

Also, Microsoft is thinking about making a Blu-Ray add-on. LMAO a Sony product on a 360.

When it comes out on blu ray, Ill get a blu ray player. When they go down in price of course. Im not spending over 250 for a dvd player. Right now I can get the hd-dvd player for 130. If they are discontinuing it then I can get the movies they do have for cheap. :-)

Well your opinions of games are biased. You still missed a ton of great exclusives. Uncharted, FFXIII ares some of the best.

Not really. I heard uncharted was alright by the people at work who prefer ps3. As for final fantasy, I said that series is a waste of money. Pretty much none of the people who made the great final fantasy's work for the company. In fact, some of them are at Mist Walkers, a microsoft developer that makes 360 exclusives.

Like Lost Odyssey, which I have yet to try but it looked pretty good.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

When it comes out on blu ray, Ill get a blu ray player. When they go down in price of course. Im not spending over 250 for a dvd player. Right now I can get the hd-dvd player for 130. If they are discontinuing it then I can get the movies they do have for cheap. :-)

Amazing, all the money you have already spent on add-ons could've bought you ps3 and more.

Not to mention that the PS3 has blu-ray, the future of high def. entertainment built into it.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

But again, then I wouldn't have anything to do but watch movies. All sony's good games are on the ps1. My ps2 plays them, what do I need a ps3 for? Uncharted? Grand Turismo 5? MGS4?....um....a washed up series called final fantasy 13? Horrible online play?

Ill tell you what I spent my money on. Surround Sound for my 360. 50 dollars a year for great online play...not to be confused with sony's online capability, or lack there of. The System itself. A 37inch HD TV. and soon to be a cheap HdDVD player.

fact is, I don't need a blu ray player for 500 dollars. Most of my movies play fine on my 360 and Im not going to be buying many HD movies, blu ray or HD DVD. Just ones that I really want for improved quality that are already out.

To be perfectly honest, buying a ps3 would be like throwing my money away. PS3 has blu ray, big deal. Im not paying 500 dollars so I can watch blu ray movies. Its not that important. (not to mention hd movies cost like 30-35 a piece.) And when it comes to games, I really cant see much of a competition. 360 online is where it is at. If you want to stay in fantasy land, thats fine, but I have yet to meet a customer who says "PS3 online is better than 360" What I do hear is "well I dont play video games too much and the online is free, cant beat that".

But hey, if you prefer a system that loses its best exclusive games, forces you to buy a high definition dvd player, and gives you crap online service just to say "Our online is free!" then enjoy your system. Ill stick with the system that provides great online service, even if it comes at a small fee, lets you choose if you want an hd dvd player (which I didn't), and provides developers with an easy kit to make quality games on so that I get to play games that are exclusive to the 360 and actually worth playing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join