It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...are the Above Elections dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There hasn't appeared to be any action taking place here at all. The primaries and debates don't seem to have taken place, and there doesn't seem to have been any mention of it. So, what's going on here?

Is this still something that's happening? Was there just not enough interest? Either way, I think we should still do some sort of vote to see who will lead the dedicated forum for the election. I think this is still important whether we elect a president or not.

Anybody out there?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's a good point you make nyk537. It would be sad to lose all the energy and the great debates with the candidates.

Flagged this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nyk537 I more or less raised the issue on the thread linked below.
Thread .

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You'll heat up, as your history dictates, a stones throw from the side of the pond you got all of your mayhem from.......

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I realize this has been brought up in other places, but there never seems to be any answers. I thought starting a new one based solely on finding out what is going on might garner some attention. So…what is going on?

If any of the Amigos or any other Mod with knowledge of what's happening can let us know, it would be greatly appreciated. I think it's almost obvious now that this whole thing didn't work out, but it would be nice to hear that officially so I and others could quit monitoring this board for any new developments.

As I said, if nothing else we should still decide on some people to run the dedicated board for election coverage.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just found out today. After the big event tonight, work on the elections will resume. It was put on hold because plans for the Revolution took front seat to everything else.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Just found out today. After the big event tonight, work on the elections will resume. It was put on hold because plans for the Revolution took front seat to everything else.

Excellent news, and thank you for the reply. I look forward to getting back into things here.

I only wish now I would have thrown my hat into the ring to run, or at least tried to get on as a VP.

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Alright.

So now that the ReVolution has begun, when can we expect things to pick up again around here?

I'm ready for some debates and other such political entertainment now.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The shabby treatment of the ATS election just reinforces(SP?) my view that AP is the poorer cousin of ATS. Given the amount of time that has passed it would be faecal to continue with the ATS election at this point. A few members are no longer taking part for differnt reasons and one of my campaign planks has been effectively wiped out by the T&C. So not only would I have to ask questions of the validly of the "election" so much time as past that members like nyk537 deserve a crack at it.

It is a shame that I even have to make a post like this I have seen the high quality of debate that can take place on AP but now it is just more and more Ron Paul threads and more of the same old partisan crap.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The ATS Election is not dead...

After some CPR and defibrillation the electoral process is going to move forward...

The first order of business is to identify the candidates that are still interested in participating.

Second will be debates, the format is still being worked on, but we hope to make it entertaining, and informative.

Third will be an election process, most likely a primary style election to narrow the field, and then a general election to choose our President/Vice President.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
After some CPR and defibrillation the electoral process is going to move forward...

How do the candidates know that the election wont be kicked to the curb when the next over hyped event comes around ?

The first order of business is to identify the candidates that are still interested in participating.

And can still participate without breaking the T&C.....

I suggest that a U2U be sent to all the candidates in case they haven't read this thread. The only creditable way the election could go forward would to start a fresh and appoint one or two members outside of the staff to run the election. That way other projects couldn't get in the way. I would be happy to take on such a role.

The way to go would be to appoint a couple of FSEM and go from there.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'd have to agree that we might need a little more direction getting started here. Like many others, I'm not even sure who is running anymore. I know who signed up, but who knows how many of those members are still interested.

Perhaps the best thing to do is just to completely start over from the beginning and move things along at a quick pace. This would give everyone a chance to get reoriented and gain perspective.

Just throwing something out there...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, I'm still in. I'm looking to kick it off with a good ole-fashioned debate, if anyone is interested. Otherwise, we can just get the gloves out and duke it out like real men.

All in all though, it should be a fun run. Let me know when/where to sign in blood.

For Freedom and Change,
TheBorg

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

im still here and ready to kick ASS
i thought this was dead

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Vagabond is still here as well. I will be focusing as much effort on actually proving my ability to do the job of president as I will on the hypotheticals that have been discussed in this campaign, but since the election will be happening afterall, I'll be here as well to participate.

Like I've been saying though, the ATS president can't raise or lower taxes- I'll discuss the principles, even in terms of hypotheticals, but at the end of the day, it's about who can cover the real election the right way, not just who makes the cool promises that they will never have to deliver on. A significant part of my campaign will be outside of this forum, doing what I've always done: cutting through the partisan non-sense and getting down to the needs of REAL PEOPLE regardless of party affiliation.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have formally outlined my ideas on how the election should proceed over on this thread .
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So…any word on when things are going to kick off here? I know the new deadline for new entries passed days ago and we still haven't heard anything.

Is there any sort of schedule of events or anything laid out for this?

new topics

top topics

join