It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Most Amazing Ghost Photo. (Must See)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
mrq

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone's posted this,; I reread this thread and didn't see it though...

I googled the second name from the leftmost tombstone, "Dr. Robert C. Hutchinson". The first name I couldn't find much about.
But a cached bit of info from a google hit says that a Dr. Robert C. Hutchinson died of pneumonia while on the American Liner St. Louis, and was buried at sea (slid overboard).

Anyone know if this is the same Dr. as written on the stone? I can somewhat make out what looks to read, "Buried at sea" under 1854-1906 ?

Interesting. And spooky.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Agreed, this most certainly did warrant its own thread, I asked my son to come chek out the picture and he said that it looks very much like the mists of orange lights he saw in a cemetary picture last year in school. The book is Americas Most Haunted. Tomorrow he will try to locate the book and take a photo copy of the pic as well as what the discussion was about it.
That was really cool! What a find...

mrq

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Kool. The archive of the obit is available from ny times. I haven't posted in a while...can't remember if we're allowed to link directly to material from other sites?
Will leave it to you to search out the obit pdf at ny times. Doesn't give an exact date for his death, but the obit was published March 5, 1906...same year as death posted on the stone.

From the brief description in the obit, the doctor seems to me to've been a good soul; here to help others.

Maybe he was just passing by his grave marker to take a look before passing on?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I just happened to see this picture and while it is a great photo, I don't think there is anything paranormal in it. You said the your were in the graveyard 11 months prior to the post of 10/30/07, in New Jersey at 2 or 3 in the morning. So pretty much the end of Nov/beginning Dec 2006. I am from NJ and that time of year it gets pretty cold around that time, especially at 2 or 3 in the morning.

1. To me, the mist is either cigarette smoke or breath from you or another person. I know you said that you were alone, but hey, you can say what you want about anything.

2. The fire in the back ground is definately street lights blurred by the movement of the camera, look at the top of the tombstones in the background.

3. The green blob to me could be anything, bad film maybe, bad film processing, I have seen this on polaroid photos that bubble from water. Maybe maybe not, I am not an expert.

I love the paranormal and this is just my opinion.

But a pretty cool photo nevertheless.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
WOW!!! that is awesome photograph you got there. I have never seen an orb with that kind of ordered symetry. And what is the fire looking stuff in the background and the green thing up on the big tombstone. Is that blue speck in the center a dead pixel in your camera?

That orb almost looks like a living organism....Very nice indeed.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Were you moving when you took the photo? Because the pic, especially the background, is really blurry, leading me to believe that you moved the camera while taking the photo. The mist is undebunkable, given the circumstances the photo was taken under, but the other stuff is really hard to say "Spirit Activity" to when it's so blurry.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Cool pics but, to me, this is an excellent example of why people need to take a 'control picture'.

First, try to use a tripod if possible, or pic a spot ontop of a stationary object (like a tombstone). Then take another picture a few moments later without moving or moving the camera.

Then, mark the exact location of the photo (push a peg or a nail into the ground?). Note the time and the exposure settings and the ambient conditions (fog, haze, temp, weather). Go back to the cemetery the next night and take a duplicate picture at the exact location at the same time and weather (if possible). If the same ghosts and green specters are seen, chances are it's a natural phenomenon.

If the subsequent picture is the same, chances are the visuals are natural and not some creeping ghost, who wouldn't stay fixed.

Same thing with pictures of things in the wood. If you don't have video, always get a control picture where the 'creature' has moved off to distinguish from a tree stump or natural outcropping of rock.

In addition if you do the above and do capture something it establishes one's operation as more professional and makes one's claims and evidence much more scientific.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 19/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

That is a pretty amazing photograph. I just checked out the larger version and you can see a lot more detail ... I see the face you mentioned ... looked to me like it was a woman with long hair.

The lights in the background interested me because I caught something similar when I took a new lass out on an investigation in the local churchyard (just to get her started). Another interesting point is this 'light-rod' (on my pic) was exactly where we'd witnessed mist phenomenom whilst it was still light. So very similar ingredients to what you've captured.

It's a picture you should be really proud of ... I wish mine were half as good. Woody

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

you prats are so gulible it is most likely a rubber duck

xul

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Yes it was a 1/2 second exposure. I became talented on taking non-flash night photos with my digi cam.

A non-flash photo?
What is then this light coming from your direction?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Really nice work AllseeingI .Ill take your word on the authenticity of the photo. Let me ask you tho..What in the world were you doing in a graveyard at 2 am???
D

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting,

Do you know what the temperature was that night, roughly?

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I followed the link back and looked at the larger photo. Then I followed your name back to your flickr account and viewed the full gallery you have with all the other photos you took of that cemetary. The lights are from the road and house that is right next to the cemetary. There is also lights in that parking lot that you see in the background of some of those photos. You said that it was a clear night with no fog and yet a few of your photo clearly show what appear to be spots which I know some people will say are orbs but from personal experience at having taken outdoor photos is really spotty rain. The houses around the cemetary I am sure in october one of them is running a fireplace or woodstove that produced the mist your seeing.

I think your seeing too much into the picture without going over the logical aspects first I mean yeah it might be ghosts but I am thinking perhaps there is a better explaination.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join