It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Andrew Keen "have it".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
NPR just gone done airing a segment on Andrew Keen, I think this is the perfect opportunity for us to speak out against how wrong this hater of user content really is.

Here is what he is quoted as saying in the program:

"Fewer and fewer people trust the authority of the experts and that's the big cultural challenge … The crisis is that we are increasingly lumping professional journalists with politicians and bureaucrats and those people in authority who we distrust."

www.npr.org...

And here's what I wrote in response:

"I agree with Andrew Keen that fewer are trusting the experts these days. Unlike Keen, I do not see this as a problem. Experts once taught us that asbestos and freon were safe and that the Iraq War was easily winnable".

I encourage everyone who thinks Keen is wrong to send an email to NPR. The station is good about reading messages on the air, especially when a lot of people write. Use the link below and select "All Things Considered" as the program.

www.npr.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I think Mr. Keen needs to get himself a copy of "The Wisdom of Crowds" by James Surowiecki. He should then have a better understanding of the "Collective Wisdom". I have started to read Mr.Keen's book, I understand his concern that every "Noob" is able to publish is own opinion....but people are smart enough to know what's fact, and whats opinion.

join