It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA folks, if you ~DO NOT~ have insurance speak up here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I had insurance up until 3 weeks ago, I had to cancel it because I could not afford it, If in the future I get hurt and have to go to the emergency room im gonna leave all my I.Ds at home and not speak any english, ill probably get the best of care

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Sorry - Fibromyalgia is not that simple. Many of the people I know who have it had underlying conditions that caused it - conditions not caused by themselves. This is old school thinking and quite frankly obtuse.

Except for the fact that no one with Fibromyalgia or anything like it are capable of wishing it on anyone, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if some people could just live in a fibro body for one day - you would be astounded how anyone can live like that.

Back on topic - I have health insurance but at this point to prevent too many people dropping off the plan, (if a certain percentage of employees don't take the plan, the company loses it) they have chosen affordable premiums over good coverage.

Basically, all my premiums do for me is cap what I can be charged, but with the high deductibles, everything is out of pocket. To me it is more of a catastrophic plan because unless we end up in the hospital, the coverage just isn't there. This is not the way health insurance should be. Beetween premiums and out of pocket this year we will hit a cost of $8000 for this coverage. But dare we take a chance on an unforeseen event at our ages?

The system is broken and no one is fixing it. I don't know how families with children can afford to be insured and eat.

<< 1   >>

join