It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the death of freespeech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The need for freespeech is fundamental to a free soceity. A nation can lose its guns, it social programs, its army, but as long as it retains its right to communicate freely it will remain free. This is essentail when it comes to Political speech.

At first I thought this was fluke. It is not. Whatever Ron Paul had to say for a 9 second response was so poweful that some force has gone across the net and removed his words. 6 minutes into this interview a question is asked but the response is edited out with a D.O.D graphic in its place.

And in this video it is simply choped out at 6 minutes.

If you can find what he said please post it. I am not sure if you know about the Strategic Communication Laboratory but it is a real entity. www.scl.cc If you are an american you should be up in arms. Once we lose free speech the camps are next.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
(Removed video links since you got them working)

You are right. Both videos are censored at about 6 minutes in. If this is what really was transmitted over the air, its quite stunning...

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thanks Copernicus... Yes indeed this is amazing. This is worse than amazing. This is censorship of political speech. Reguardless of who is saying what when political speech is censored all is lost. The founders had LOTS to say about this which is why congress critters can not be arrested when they are in session. Freespeech is to be protected but Political speech above all. I mean in the house is the ONLY place where one could yell FIRE and not be prosacuted and rightfully so. For if a congressman feels the need to do this to "test" the waters so to speak they need to be able too. The house has its own rules and would punish its members by thier own standards for such a thing but the point is that with out the ability to comunicate freely we can not comunicate at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Yeah...

People will downplay this but its very obvious that Ron Paul said something that we are not supposed to hear. And they censored it.

You are up against powerful forces...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

MOre than likely he said something that the Strategic Communications Laboratory deamed dentramental to the current goals of the tyranny. SCL is a very dangerous force that too few know about and even less understand.

Its not a danger to me personaly though. I am immigrating to Qubec. Its a little bit better than Canada IMO. If anyone will resist this Nazi NAU NWO world wide BS it is Qubec.

I have no hope for my fellow americans because as you said.. this will probably be down played... and it shouldn't be... Political censorship is equal to political assination. Very bad times indeed

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The SCL sounds scary:

An Opcentre is a command facility for strategic communications.

In this always-ready environment researchers can identify target audiences using highly advanced statistical models, strategists can orchestrate campaigns using the most effective scientific methods and media producers have access to innovative production techniques.

These units of expertise combine to create one of the most dynamic and influential ‘weapons' in the world.

An Opcentre puts influence, control and power back into the hands of the government and military, giving them greater power to influence the enemy in time of conflict and enhanced access to their citizens during a crisis. For instance, an Opcentre can be designed to override all national radio and TV broadcasts, allowing the government and military to communicate with the public as the need arises.

The Opcentre is a formidable tool for Homeland Security, Conflict Reduction, International Public Diplomacy and un-mediated Government communications.

Yeah, either communicate or BLOCK/CENSOR communication with their own people.

What can the OpCentre do?

* Launch a powerful psyop campaign against an engaged enemy
* Engender support within the national community for proposed military action
* Re-engineer foreign perceptions to potentially avert conflict altogether
* Develop national resilience and behavioural compliance for homeland security issues
* Produce powerful public diplomacy campaigns for political, economic, military issues
* Maintain an ‘always ready' public communication command centre for critical incidents
* Develop more effective public information campaigns for social and health issues

Sounds cosy, doesnt it? Guess who are the targets of these psy-ops...

Source: SCL

Funding for SCL has been provided by a number of private high net worth individuals all based in the UK.

Wonder who these rich funders are in UK... some neocons probably...

Get out of America now, people. This is just the beginning of the Orwell 1984/V for Vendetta kind of society, its obvious.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
'The most powerful weapon in the world - Strategic Command Laboratories'

"Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

Yeah, the plan is being executed...

We are seeing it for every day that passes now.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What about what they've done to Rush Limbaugh over the last couple of weeks?

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Go read all the links about the detestable Harry Reid and get the story of what really happened.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfTom

Ummmm your rush comment seems really off topic. Rush is not being censored nor is he a member of congress. His tirades, although entertaining are not in the same area of political speech as Geroges Bush or Ron Paul. They make legislative decision that affect the US and Rush only talks alot to those willing to listin affecting only those that pay attention to him.

Care to share the gist of this Ried thing or was this just a distractionary tactic?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No one out there has been able to find an un-edited copy of this video?!

This is simpily unacceptable.

You have the right to free speech*

*provided that we agree with what you're saying

[edit on 18-10-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This really can't be government censorship, can it? If it is this is probably the most worrying thing I've seen in awhile, this is huge. It's probably someone trying to mess with people, it wouldn't be that hard for a person to censor it themselves and put it on the web. Any evidence on who edited the videos?

[edit on 18-10-2007 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.c-span.org...

I thought, for sure, C-Span would have a version that wasn't foobared... but apparently not. The first Youtube version is exactly the same.

Soooo... the original contains the DOD screen - meaning every copy on the internet is going to be screwy.

Maybe a transcript can be requested from C-Span?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Flagged. I'm really eager now to see just what Ron Paul said that was needed to be censored.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

It is not a comfortable notion that these videos were government censored. But the people that posted these videos are DIE HARD Ron Paul supporters. And as I have said , if you can find the clip with the missing 9 seconds about pulling troops from iraq POST IT! because I can't find it and neither can my C-span or Ron Paul buddies.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Like I said - if c-span.org doesn't have an uninterrupted copy - I imagine nobody does.

However, I have emailed c-span.org and requested information regarding the interrupt at 6 minutes and any transcripts or information regarding what we've missed.

I imagine I'll be placed on the 'list' now.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I thought it was longer than 9 seconds missing, not as worrying I guess. Still would be nice to know what he said during that time.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Has anyone tried to contact Ron Paul and his committee or of the like to see if they can get a statement from him as to what he said? - just curious. I know I don't have the strings to pull for a request like that. But maybe someone on this site does...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know 9 seconds does not seem like an exterme amount of time but keep in mind how long it takes to say some of the most powerful things like "I love you" or "I hate you". Whatever Ron Paul said in reguards to the US military still being an unstopable superpower like china even if it followed Chinas example of isolationism as opposed to imperilism; it was a strong enough message to get censored.

And worry not about the "List" because if you even looked at this site you've been on the "list" for awhile LOL..

[edit on 18-10-2007 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

C-Span says this in reply to my request:

Transcripts

C-SPAN offers free transcripts online for Q&A at www.q-and-a.org and
Booknotes at www.booknotes.org.

C-SPAN does not offer transcripts for other programs. We recommend
that you contact
the speaker or the organization sponsoring the event to inquire about
transcripts.
Transcripts of House and Senate floor speeches are available at
thomas.loc.gov...

Contact the committees directly for committee transcripts.

I guess I'll try Ron Paul. Good thinking

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join