It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ropen Footage??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ropen Footage?? Found this on Youtube just now. I don't have any details as to the authenticity of the footage - I'm just putting it out there for people to see. As for the poster's wierd, anti-evolutionary opinions, well, that's his issue I guess...

www.youtube.com...

Any thoughts?

Jimbo

[edit on 15-10-2007 by jimbo999]

[edit on 15-10-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you're going to have a hard time sparking a discussion on this one i think. there's no evidence to support or discredit this as authentic so people only have their opinions to go on.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nice find Jimbo.

IMO, it looks somewhat like a 'kite'. You can see the tail move, but the wings and the body remain solid with no movement.

At one point it looks as if the wings and the body almost 'shift' into another position, a lot like a kite would do.

They sell transparent kites now with just the outline of certain animals, giving the illusion of an actual creature. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to modify a said kite into looking like a prehistoric creature as such in the video. Surprises me there isn't more out there.

Hard to say for sure with only 8 sec. of vid and not much of a story to go with it.

Not saying it is a kite, just a possibility.

Good post though, don't remember too many Ropen discussions on here.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Nice find Jimbo.

IMO, it looks somewhat like a 'kite'. You can see the tail move, but the wings and the body remain solid with no movement.

At one point it looks as if the wings and the body almost 'shift' into another position, a lot like a kite would do.

They sell transparent kites now with just the outline of certain animals, giving the illusion of an actual creature. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to modify a said kite into looking like a prehistoric creature as such in the video. Surprises me there isn't more out there.

Hard to say for sure with only 8 sec. of vid and not much of a story to go with it.

Not saying it is a kite, just a possibility.

Good post though, don't remember too many Ropen discussions on here.

Cheers. There's been a few Ropen vids up here over the last year or so. It's a subject that always fascinates me. I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one huh?

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think this one was proven to be a seagull of some sort taken at an awkward angle, but I could be wrong, looks alot like an ancient bird.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
I think this one was proven to be a seagull of some sort taken at an awkward angle, but I could be wrong, looks alot like an ancient bird.

I think you're refering to a different video that's doing the rounds which I've also seen. Yeah - some people claimed it was some kind of sea bird (can't remember which species..). This however is very different - as it has a long, spear-like tipped tail...

Regards,

Jinmbo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I find the description hilarious.

Why was this film hidden away? Is it because of an atheist conspiracy to suppress the truth about the glory of God's creation?

This flying animal is clearly not extinct at the time that this footage was taken.

Ahahah. I'm not going to go into that because that would completely take us off topic so...

To me, this video is anything but evidence. Come on, it's a bunch of old-timey flashing pictures. For all we know, it could be someone looking for an easy way to make a hoax video, making a bunch of poor quality black and white stills, putting them together and claiming it was filmed in 1924. It even looks like the motions are repeating.

From all the articles that I've read about the ropen, the earliest sighting I've gotten is 1944, not 1924. And with something so monumental as actual video evidence, I haven't gotten any information except that one Youtube video. That's definitely a minus in credibility.

I find the Ropen case very interesting and I don't discredit it. This is just a poor example of "evidence".

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i must admit crypto is one of my favroite subjects. as for this vid im not convinced just yet. but the world is a big place and there is much we still havent discovered. it would be pretty cool to find living dino's. who knows this could explain the thunder bird thing though...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Take the first few seconds of this video (a previous fake "Pterosaur"), paint a tail on the Frigate bird, flip it, loop it 3 times (check for the same cloud coming by 3 times), run it through some video software to give it that "old film" feel and post it on YouTube. What do you get?

I'm slowly but steady getting fed up with these supposed "old films" suddenly surfacing one after the other. They have no credibility, are poorly done and a waste of our time. Well... It keeps us on our toes I suppose…

Edit: I'm sure it's the original video Opulisum was referring to.
Good eye!

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Take the first few seconds of this video (a previous fake "Pterosaur"), paint a tail on the Frigate bird, flip it, loop it 3 times (check for the same cloud coming by 3 times), run it through some video software to give it that "old film" feel and post it on YouTube. What do you get?

I'm slowly but steady getting fed up with these supposed "old films" suddenly surfacing one after the other. They have no credibility, are poorly done and a waste of our time. Well... It keeps us on our toes I suppose…

Edit: I'm sure it's the original video Opulisum was referring to.
Good eye!

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Gemwolf]

Hmmm...yep - I think your right. Good spot there, Gemwolf. Still, I'm reasonably convinced something strange is out there flying around New Guinea...

Jimbo

new topics

top topics

join