It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 5 MYTHS, ATS Style -- Yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that these are, for the most part, myths by opinion only. With the exception of one or two, the are speculative.

5. The Civil War was fought because of slavery. -- While slavery DID play a huge part in the war between the states, the freeing of southern slaves wasn't an act of kindness or compassion so much as it was a military tactic. The southern states had become incredibly dependent on slave labor to keep the economy thriving and everything running smoothly. When the southern slaves were declared freed and slavery was made illegal, the south was very effectively crippled. - While freeing the slaves was indeed a good thing in the long term, it was done not out of compassion but as a tactic of warfare. The downside of the whole ordeal was, slavery remained legal and in practice in a few of the northern states and the freed slaves that made the long journey north found themselves still treated as second class citizens and unwanted by the whites of the north. It was also at this point that the United States, as a whole, became an empire.

4. Reptilians have infiltrated the highest levels of the world's governments. -- While I find this theory VERY interesting, and even though it would explain a LOT of things, there is still ZERO reliable evidence to support this theory. I have seen nothing at all to support this theory. (No, hazy youtube videos that claim to show the morphing of someone's eyes don't count as evidence).

3. "A government of the people, by the people and for the people." -- While this is the way America is SUPPOSED to be, our system of government was hijacked long ago by tyrants who remain in power to this day. All the evidence one needs to prove that this is a MYTH is our "two party" system. A true government of, by and for the people should NEVER be limited to just two SIMPLISTIC and IDIOTIC choices when it comes to our leaders. Instead of having an actual say so as far as our leaders go, we are left to decide upon the lesser of two evils that were chosen FOR US.

2. Global Warming is a human caused epidemic. -- While I have no doubt that we do contribute somewhat to what is called "global warming", I have SERIOUS doubts that it's the major problem that Al Gore would like us to believe it is. Judging by the fact that he private jets all over the world and has a "carbon footprint" equivalent to all the factories of New York during the first half of the century (an exaggeration, naturally, but you get the point), I think it's pretty safe to assume that he thinks the crap that comes from his mouth is bunk as well. Like so many other things (BUY AMERICAN MADE GOODS!!! comes to mind), it's nothing more than a political tool that will fade from the spotlight soon enough in favor of the next bandwagon a bunch of simple minded people choose to jump on. When I speak of simple minds, I'm talking the politicians, not the people that actually CARE.

1. The Federal Reserve is a government institution. -- It honestly still baffles me that there are people in this world who do not realize the ABSURDITY of the Federal Reserve system. In this day in age, when the almighty dollar (the euro is currently mightier) is WORSHIPPED by the masses, it's amazing how little most people in this country know about where it comes from. I'm willing to bet that if most of the middle and lower classes of this country would EDUCATE themselves about how the FR system works, they would be rioting in the streets until the institution was abolished and the people responsible for it and those who support it were hanging by the neck from lightpoles on every street in the country.

Well, that's my top 5 myths. I hope you enjoyed them and feel free to provide yours and critique mine as you see fit.

As always, discussion is appreciated.

Jasn

NOTE: Sorry for the flurry of threads, my connection is FINALLY decent for a change and I"m taking advantage before I lose it haha. Also, please be aware that it is for this reason my posts are a bit rushed and not as articulate as they can be. Time is not something I have the advantage of at the moment, at least as far as the internet goes.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Heres my Twilight Zone mashup...

5. I agree. It was not fought for slavery, that was the facade. The real reason, control and instability of the growing US in the world at that time. (think Bavarian influences)

4. 'Reptillians' have not infiltrated the highest levels of world government. They have always been there prodding things along. The only things they infiltrated were the secret societies created to combat them. (leads into reasons for number 5 above)

3. BecomesNon Sequitor in light of 4. Another facade.

2. If the benefactor to the human race is 'god', his nemesis is the devil. Religious history tells us that the devil thrives in heat, lives underground and has been depicted with horns. Hmmm... my understanding of readings those, that control the 'greys' have similar description, then it can be assumed that they could be one in the same. If there is to be some kind of coming disclosure, or event to which these things and/or beings are exposed, would it not be condusive to create and atmosphere that suits their needs? Global Warming...

1. That is indeed absurd that most Americans think the gubbermint prints their money. Well, that should be an example of how easily it is too hoodwink the american public. Now, bearing that in mind, what should we really believe about anything that is presented to us?

Here's another myth to add....

The United States is a Democratic Republic...

when's the last time you heard any politician use that term.... now its just a Democracy...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Top 5 Myths:

5 - The earth was made to sustain human life. So many people seem to think this, when it is obviously not true.

4 - Democracy = freedom. No, democracy = mob rule.

3 - Your vote counts. Obviously not true.

2 - Anyone can be president. Obviously not true.

1 - The government is too incompetent to carry out any covert action. Most dangerous myth of them all.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

For Christs sake go read the founding documents of the Confederacy... from South Carolina on... it was all about protecting their right to hold slaves.

Its in black and white.

The southern states revolted over the slavery issue.

It doesn't get any more basic than that.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My myth rating

5. Democracy exists and votes do matter

4. NASA really doesn't have evidence of UFO's

3. Bush was suprised at his infamous book reading on 9/11

2. Reptillians REALLY do exist.

and overwhelmingly mythical,my Number 1..

John Lear REALLY REALLY DOES appreciate your input.

Keep rockin John.

The man is a demi-god

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My top favorite myths are:

(1) The liberals control the media and won't let conservative voices be heard. (just look at who owns the media anymore)

(2) Global warming is not a result of human activity.

(3) Iran is a threat to the United States. (now where have we heard that before?)

(4) There is a conspiracy behind... _________ fill in the blank. (odds are you watch way too many x-file reruns)

(5) If we don't fight them in Iraq; we will have to fight them here. (it doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand the absurdity in that idea.)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My next 5 favorites are:

(1) Creation science is science. (and faux news is news
)

(2) Alien abductions, reptilians, grays and all that nonsense (there may be aliens but odds are they are avoiding us like the plague)

(3) Secret societies rule the world (if they are, they are doing a piss poor job of it and I want my money back)

(4) Atlantis. (Odds are if the references in Plato are actually referring to a real time and place, it was Crete before the Thera explosion)

(5) The conspiracy against Christianity (the only ones making a mess of Christianity are the Christians themselves)

[edit on 15-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

First off, "history is written by the winners."

It's also in black and white in several places that MANY prominent southerners (including Jeff Davis) were all for the freeing of the slaves. They just wanted to do it the RIGHT way. They wanted to provide them with an education and slowly integrate them into everyday society WITHOUT causing problems.

Instead, the were forcibly thrown into a society where they weren't accepted at the time and, on top of that, it was a society that had been financially and morally broken.

Reformation (and the ignorance it caused) was the MAIN cause for black and white hostility in lasting to this day.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
(3) Secret societies rule the world (if they are, they are doing a piss poor job of it and I want my money back)

one of the most dangerous perspectives, IMO. So who does run the world - a public society?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

It should be pretty obvious by now.... no one.

Of course that is not to say that there are not a lot of individuals and corporations who flatter themselves that they do.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

that might have been their opinion but it was not part of the articles of session.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
It should be pretty obvious by now.... no one.

Of course that is not to say that there are not a lot of individuals and corporations who flatter themselves that they do.

well, perhaps control is the wrong word. Instead of controlling the world, let's say having a great deal of influence upon global economics and social systems, therefore affecting the world.

It's a mouthful, which is probably why it's been condensed to "omg they rule the world"

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
5) There is objective proof that the UFO phenomenon is caused by alien beings. Hey, I "want to believe" as much as the next guy but some people discuss this stuff like there's nothing to debate about it. Hogwash.

4) There is objective proof the United States government carried out the 9/11 attacks. No, there isn't. Stop talking about it like it's a fact.

3) There is nothing beyond the human's five senses and what we've already discovered through science, even things we might consider "spiritual". It seems like a lot of people have this attitude where everything that we don't understand already is rubbish or just another form of understood natural occurances. I'm not going to say what I believe (because it is currently just a belief), but please stop acting like we know everything and that the laws of physics are all already totally known and accurate in all circumstances.

2) There is objective proof that there exists an Illuminati or New World Order trying to enslave the earth. Once again, while we might believe such a thing exists when we "connect certain dots" there is no 100% proof that this is going on. Yet for some reason people discuss it like it's a known fact. Wrong.

1) Reptilians. Enough said.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Fair enough. I can live with that haha.

Jasn

new topics

top topics

join