It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalodon video. Is this shark really as big as I think it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree with you badge.

however about the scavanger thing. obviously nobody knows what a real megalodon or t-rex really looks like. but I argue that to keep an animal that big going it would require a lot of food. maybe more than it could scavange.

to find the food it would need to trail the smaller smarter raptor like animals who would probably be very weary or any large scavanger that will simply come and jack their meal away. I argue that the raptors hunting in a pack were probably smarter than the T-rex and would know to ditch the big guy before they killed anything. they could probably out endure and therefore out walk and get far far away from the t-rex. t rex would get to the meal almost too late but probably too late to actually get enough food to keep the thing alive or develope a population of them.

I think that the t-rex was probably a predator and killed large slower moving less defended animals. In fact I think the reason that no large predators exist anymore is because the prey got too small and couldn't keep them well fed as a population so they adapted in size but remained the same behavioraly being active hunters. That coupled with the fact that to keep the population large enough to reproduce they literally ate themselves out of house and home and into extinction.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Ugh, they arent extinct! Do you have any idea how much of our oceans are not explored? There are untold creatures in deep sea, possibly bigger than anything Humanity has ever seen! People used to think Collosal Squid were extinct, well thats obviously not true now!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In my research of these sharks, I have founf them to be AMAZING.I do myself believe in them. I think scientists should look further into them.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This shark is no megalodon, but more like a basking or megamouth shark. Both the basking and megamouth sharks are quite rare, and only feed on plankton.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed Angel

i agree, we haven't explored at all much of our oceans, but the chances of a megalodon actually existing are terribly low. It was way too big, and for many of them to survive our oceans would need to produce much more food. But hey, I don't really know and if there are remaining megalodons I don't want to be the one that finds them!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
im pretty sure the megalodon could swim alot faster than 250 knots. thats only approximately 463 km per hour. if you think about it the size of this thing will generate so much power and then just gliding alone might be 250 knots. if it had a "sprint" it could be capable of obtaining 300-325 knots. it definatly would be faster then anything made michanicaly like a plane or a fighter jet. there is no way that such a powerful mammal wouldnt be able to beat something designed to transport us as fast as it can! megalodon would eat the whole city of chicago

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think its a Basking shark, they get like 40 feet or something like that

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's the same video as in this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't see the video though, so I can't be sure.

If it is, then it's a sleeper shark.

If it isn't, then I'm sorry, any stills?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think that cage is a tiny replica at the bottom of the sea's floor to make the shark look bigger than it actually is. You never see anyone it and the camera angle is just right.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This shark may or may not exist but it was known to grow up to 82ft (little over 25m) and it's jaw/mouth was 8-10ft in length and 12-14 feet wide. But thats just waht I heard. They can swallow a huge boat whole without having to use thye're teeth. and there have been few discoveries/ sightings of the beast. What you saw was not a megalodon, simply a mud shark. if you say a megalodon you'd probably never go near the ocean again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join