It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan 2 Interview with Noam Chomsky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.zmag.org...

Since my point of view concerning Noam Chomsky has been obvious and available, I will dispense with a gratuitous statement and let the interview speak for itself.

The single act of submission is the cornerstone of authority - R.A.W

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I retract my earlier statement. This article sickens me in the pit of my stomach. Its not bias, its not progranda, its not Sean Hannity shouting down someone before the commercial break...its facts backed up by more facts...and to me its disheartening. I recommend his newest book, "Hegemony or Survival - America's Quest for global Dominance"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Recent Post concerning the writings of Richard Falk. If you enjoyed this...you might enjoy that.

there is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
thanks for the link dude. I`m kinda disapointed that this topic, and the stuff chomsky talks about seems to be ignored by most people on this forum. It seems fine to talk about theoretical nonsense and conspiricy but when it comes down to the truth and facts people search for Chomsky tells it everytime!

If only people would read more instead of listening and being brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
everyone should rent the video, 'manufacturing consent', by noam. it's a great eye opener to show to skeptical friends.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
America's quest for global dominance? What's the problem with that?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
America's quest for global dominance? What's the problem with that?

nothing i guess, as long as you're one of the handful of rich, white men that will benefit from it.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
In light of what has transpired over the course of the Iraq invasion, Chomsky's words are so utterly true and proven at this point that I cannot say I have read a more cohesive indictment of U.S. policy since the last time I read Chomsky's words. The man just makes sense and bias doesn't enter into it when the facts show themselves for what they are.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Only an true idiot could say that the people on this board ignore chomsky's words. His are the words most quoted by a good half the members here when trying to trash israel. Give me a break.

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eRnie
thanks for the link dude. I`m kinda disapointed that this topic, and the stuff chomsky talks about seems to be ignored by most people on this forum. It seems fine to talk about theoretical nonsense and conspiricy but when it comes down to the truth and facts people search for Chomsky tells it everytime!

If only people would read more instead of listening and being brainwashed.

I agree with you 100% but it appears easier to regurgitate the rhetoric from your favorite baised "news" network then to chase down the facts and statistics.
I appreciate YOU taking the time to read the article. Makes me think it not a total loss to post at this forum anymore.
I also agree with JohnBull. Chomsky has written scathing essays on Isreal and its foreign policies for decades. Most of which I agree with. I recall Proudhon's statement that, "all government is aggression" and it saddens me to see what Isreal has done to destroy worldwide sympathy for the Jewish people since the end of the holocaust.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Great interview, thanks for the link VOD.

new topics

top topics

join