It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Stanley used Sept. 11 to make false claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how many other companies did similar types of things? This is a conspiracy proven to be true, but it'll never get that kind of spin in the mainstream. We all know that.

"Hiding behind the events of Sept. 11 to avoid litigation obligations is unseemly,'' said Steven Caruso, president of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association and a partner at the New York office of Maddox Hargett & Caruso PC. ``This sets a new standard for how low a firm will go to take advantage of their clients.''

Morgan Stanley of course had said their data center was toast and claimed ignorance with regard to any prior communications.

Days after the terrorist attacks destroyed Morgan Stanley's 12 e-mail servers in New York, the company recovered millions of messages from backup tapes, Finra said. Additional data were stored on networks and individual computers throughout the firm.

Still, Morgan Stanley "routinely'' claimed all e-mails before October 2001 were gone, the regulator said. The company later allowed much of the data to be erased.

Now Morgan Stanley will be paying a $12.5 million settlement and all sins are forgiven. It proves a "company" truly has no soul.

Read it for yourself. Here

Very scary stuff out there.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how many more "companies" exploited 9/11. Silverstein Companies comes to mind, but that's only speculation. Nice find.

[edit on 10/2/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
any half decent largish company/government section etc would have an off-site backup of their servers in case of accidents/disasters and i'm sure ms were no exception.

theres a huge list of vital information and evidence in criminal cases that was conveniently 'lost' on sep 11th in both of the towers and building 7. bcci was one i can think of. can't find others atm but im sure other members will fill in the blanks

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

SHII!! Whats 12.5 MILLION to them? NOTHING, thats like my pocket change to them, this is a company, like most, who makes BILLIONS, 999+1 more million, and they have plenty of billions, this is WEAK justice. Make them pay all profits from sept 11 to now, or better yet, SHUT THESE SCREW BALLS DOWN. This enrages me on so many levels. No one cares about investing now money wont mean crap in 5 years.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What with Silverstien taking out huge insurance policies in the weeks before 911, and the millions of put options on airline stocks it would seem to me a cabal of people had some inside information. Banking/investment industry is the most souless of all. All that matters is bottom line.

top topics

join