It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Couple that Witnessed Levee Being Blown In Lower 9th ward During Hurricane Katrina!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

It was said so it must be true!

Oh wait...Bush said there was WMD. But he lies so it was a lie. But is it was said it must be true...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
I don't believe that the levees were blown up. I don't see what the use would be to do that. The damage that was caused when the levees broke was huge, and there is no good reason to have done this.

Your thinking about the situation from the wrong perspective. For example BlackWater contractors were some of the first on the scene, they were there before most rescue efforts even made their way into NOLA including National Guard.

So no blowing the levees may not be beneficial to us or good government, but to a company like BlackWater who survives off of wars and events such as this, blowing up that levee = hundred million dollar contracts...

And scumbag government officials who are in on it aren't gonna peep as they are in for a cut of it.

Your thought is similar to that of the pro war lobby, against the "war for oil" argument, who claim if the war was for oil or gas would be cheap etc etc...

The problem with that argument is similar to that of yours, its conclusion is based off of the assumption that the government or the puppet masters actually care to include us on the spoils of war....

THEY DON'T.

So no blowing the levee doesn't benefit us or government who will be spending billions to restore things, But it keeps companies like BlackWater among any other Bush Co. buddies in business and super rich, and that's what matters, not us or this country.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

The motive is always money.

I have no doubt some greedy people used Katrina as an excuse to do dirty deeds with a profit in mind. They may even believe they are doing it for the greater good - as they see it as removing a blight with the opportunity and vision of creating something better for everyone.

The little guys loot retail stores and the big guys loot property and more control while nobody's paying attention.

I happened to pick up a couple of Personal Watercraft a couple of days before Katrina's arrival. It just so happens that I tested them out on Lake Ponchartrain and while doing so, I meandered into a couple of the canals. While I was in the canals, I think I only saw one other boat in several miles of travel. Thus I have no doubt somebody could of blown a levy without any/many witnesses, because I could of the day prior.

The fact of the matter is - greedy people on earth have never had a problem destroying people & property in order to elevate themselves even higher. If you can't believe that, well drink the fluoride and take your meds while enjoying the television, sheeple.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am crying [snip] This rediculous crap and should be closed and erased.

This N E V E R happened, I don't care what the OP says. I wish those trolls who like to make crap up and post it on here would just die in a fire. GO AWAY

I know how to spell hoax, do you?

removed censor circumvention

[edit on 22/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Die in a fire? Trolls? Erase the thread? Calling BUll&@&#&?
Troll indeed.
The Real Trolls here will offer little if anything relevant to a thread, this thread is about a levee being blown in New Orleans during Katrina, so, uplander, in the name of relevance, I would be interested in hearing your suggestions as to why you think the New Orleans Police and Federal Agents were shooting at each other at one of the failed levees right after the 'failure'. That really happened, it was widely, if briefly, reported on the Main Stream Media. Why the half a million dollars a day FEMA was spending at the time couldn't get so much as a pack of oodles of noodles to the stranded people? Why Ray Nagin was publicly afraid of something happening to him via CIA? Why guns were being taken from everyday law abiding people? Why was FEMA turning away relief efforts? Real events, real questions, really sorry you feel the way you do without the menial efforts of any further investigation.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

the reason guns were taken from law abiding citizens is because first responders like myself were ensuring our own security. They had an option, give up they're weapons or stay behind. i aint riskin my butt for some gang banger who refused to leave.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

even those who said they intended to stay had their firearms confiscated. the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be infringed because you're afraid of gang members.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I worked with a guy that came from the 9th ward for about 6 months. He told me the city government tried to take a lot of the property using imminent domain for some nefarious reason like usual. The people of the 9th ward united and defeated the city in this case. This case went on for several years then the people finally won in court. Then came Katrina and the levees broke. Now the city has come in and condemned all the property that it wanted to take from the people. The way I look at it someone benefited from the levees breaking and it definetly wasn't the people.... Looks kind of fishy to me... I believe it..

The government of Louisiana tried to take my families land a while back for economic development. My father fought it and fought it and eventually He won and the one that was pushing for it is now behind bars. My father dug up so much dirt on the people that the FBI used it in their investigation. Apparently these crooks were going around seizing peoples property by imminent domain and making lakes out of them. My father made the connection with the rep. Thomson whom was pushing for this and the construction company Denman construction. Apparently the two crooks went to school together and they were both into the scheme and they split the money. The final straw was when my father found out that He sold some of the property he seized to a cousin whom bought the prime property at discount on the lake front... In the end the story has a happy ending because the rooster sucker that tried to steal my fathers land is in prison for a real long time.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
No but there was some kind of explosion which occurred at about 4:30am on Wednesday morning after the storm hit that was highly questionable and nearly caused a panic at the convention center.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
You are probably one of the same people that believe the government was involved in 9/11. This kind of thought is insane and dangerous and based on your hatred of Bush. The responsibility clearly lies with the Army Corp of Engineers and the mayor. So stop your silliness.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Mutantalien1947]

Assumptions like the one you just made are FAR more dangerous than those that are searching for truth.

Do you have ANYTHING to back up this statement? The OP presented evidence...what do you have?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
You are probably one of the same people that believe the government was involved in 9/11. This kind of thought is insane and dangerous and based on your hatred of Bush. The responsibility clearly lies with the Army Corp of Engineers and the mayor. So stop your silliness.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Mutantalien1947]

Uhm, you are aware that the great Mississippi Flood of 1927, the government (in tandem with big bankers) did just that?

As the flood approached New Orleans, Louisiana, about 30 tons of dynamite were set off on the levee at Caernarvon, Louisiana and sent 7,000 m³/s (250,000 ft³/s) of water pouring through. This prevented New Orleans from experiencing serious damage, but flooded much of St. Bernard Parish and all of Plaquemines Parish's east bank.

700,000 people were displaced, including 330,000 African-Americans who were moved to 154 relief camps

The area's that were "sacrificed" were all poor and low income black and white communities. These people were all put into relief camps, and forced to work for free, and then charged for their food that the red cross sent to assist them with. Blacks were not allowed to leave their "camps" unless going to work. Some would hide so as not to be forced to work for free.

Many blacks were detained and forced to labor at gunpoint during flood relief efforts.

So, it has happened in the past, are you saying it could not happen again?

en.wikipedia.org...

right....

I don't know if this couple is telling the truth, but until I see evidence otherwise, I will hold my opinion.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

The government purposely blew a levee before this -
during another hurricane - in New Orleans -
to save a "more important" area of homes/businesses-
This is not something that is unheard of.

Watch the Spike Lee film called

When the Levees Broke

It's an eye opener and a must see.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by spinkyboo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join