It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valleyville... the town that doesn't exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
First post folks after reading this site over the last few weeks...

A kind of historian friend at work showed me a blurb about this place, was curious if anyone else new anything about it or had any speculations...

Link is provided but you will have to scroll about half way down the page. Here is what is posted on the site.

www.retroweb.com...

Hidden away in the Shenandoah Valley, "Valleyville" is considered by many to be Central Virginia's own twist on the legendary "Area 51." Like its famous counterpart, Valleyville is an off-limits region whose only access roads are gated and guarded, whose perimeter is electronically sealed and monitored, and whose existence itself is denied by the government. Unlike Area 51, however, Valleyville serves an entirely different purpose. There are no runways at Valleyville and no top-secret aircraft being tested in the middle of the night, and there are most certainly no pieces of UFO wreckage or frozen alien corpses secreted away there. Instead, Valleyville is by all outward appearances a town...a seemingly self-contained town which for all intents and purposes is sealed off from the rest of the world. Tucked away in a nook-and-cranny of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah Valley, there is no vantage point in Valleyville from which another town or even a road can be seen. Likewise, it is nearly impossible for the outside world to peer into Valleyville, and airspace within three miles of the town's center is restricted. Shown above is a rare photo of the town, a very fuzzy image taken several years ago with an extreme telephoto lens by a daring soul who ignored sternly-worded warning signs and who braved barbed wire to reach a distant vantage point. What is the purpose of Valleyville? There is much speculation, but the running consensus is that Valleyville is in all probability some form of international (or possibly internal) political "detainment center." A Charlottesville newspaper in 1994 hired former Navy Seal Peter McGowan to infiltrate Valleyville and uncover its secrets, but after acknowledging initial entry, radio contact was broken and McGowan was never heard from again. Efforts are ongoing to bring down the shroud of secrecy surrounding the town, but for the time being, Valleyville remains the "Town That Doesn't Exist."

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Interesting. I just tried to locate it on the google aerial maps, but no luck, probably too small to see anyways.

I imagine it's a mock town used for training exercises, perhaps 'martial law' type exercises. But who really knows?

Did you see the paragraph on the Elon Obelisk on your link? sounds pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This seems to be a "National Enquirer" style news page. The headless cat thing was a bit too much for me. I would like to see additional resources for the existance of said "Valleyville." I have never heard of it in 10 years intensive study. It would appear at first glance to be bogus, but who knows?
DWT

[edit on 17-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes I did, my coworker friend I believe is heading up around that area on a vacation later this month. Will post any interesting facts or findings he may share.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's what Wiki has to say about Valleyville, much the same as what
is in the OP's link above, I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here
before.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sorry, man, but you found a hoaxer.

Valleyville, VA

I think the headless cat story should have raised a few red flags...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexbassguy

Valleyville, VA

You mean to tell me you don't believe in the 'Lost Gorilla Train' !

Have a look at this, further proof positive of Valleyville's existence :

www.kupopolis.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"Valleyville", as in the little secret town, might be fictional, but I found this interesting.

From the wiki link above:

Though Valleyville does not appear to exist, there is a no-fly zone over the area that is marked on the Little Known Attractions map.

I looked around the area and couldn't find any apparent reason for the no-fly zone.

Perhaps "Valleyville" is just a folk story to explain other mysterious things in the area..

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank God it has several OmniSenters. However, the escape of Malismo the Eye-Reaper really has me freaked. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep from fear of having my eye reaped.

Seriously, though - KupopoWiki? Sounds like some Japanese instant breakfast dish.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Slam the door....run away!

[edit on 17-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
alright, i reconsidered and gave it a chance.

first off, we have a thread here in ATS from late '06 with some stuff:
link

here's something, second post down...
link

the interesting thing about that is is says that the site we speak of is "the new Greenbrier." for those of you unfamiliar, The Greenbrier is a massive plantation-style super high class resort for rich folks. i've had the immense pleasure of staying there once, it was absolutely incredible. BUT there is in fact a military facility underneath the resort (this is common-known declassified fact) that has a blast door identical to the one at the entrance of Cheyenne Mountain. inside are all of the capabilites to run the country's defenses should DC come under attack.
wiki link:
Greenbrier Resort
anyways, the Greenbrier could definitely be mistaken for a town at a distance. it had an outdoor pool, chapel, cabins, and tons of other small house- and business-looking buildings. if they were building a defense-specific post, it would obviously make sense that they would keep it under wraps.

maybe there is something to Valleyville...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here is an article about the "galax gravity cavern" hoax, which was made up by the creator of that retroweb website. www.galaxgazette.com...

[edit on 9/17/2007 by ghoulardi]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here is an extensive thread about Valleyville probably the first of its kind here on ATS Valleyville

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Any one seen a town called Ureka ?....just saying

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia, it and the site you posted are both fictional. It's also not on Google Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ever seen "The Village"? It sounds like the same thing as in the movie. Remember, the guy bought the area and had it protected by the gov, no fly zone and all.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by Layla]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey guys, I am fascinated by this idea of Valleyville, gonna check all the links out in a sec but thought I would just add this.
I located the area of Valleyville on google earth by using the map posted on the first site.
According to the map on the linked site Crabtree Falls is in the wrong place, or at least a different place to where google earth has it. The map has bueno vista much closer to vesuvius than google earth tells.
Just thought I would add some info.
Sorry, dont know how to copy and paste co-ords from google earth:
somewhere around here:
BV = 37 44 00.50 N 79 21 21.43 W
Vesuv = 37 54 17.51 N 79 11 44.89 W

UPDATE

Erm, having read some of those links this idea sounds like a computer game, something about magic and all these people on a magic rampage, something about Masimilo the eye reaper, what the hell!!! He escaped!!!
This sounds like a load of rubbish now. It started off as a good idea though...
I will follow half heartedly

[edit on 24-9-2007 by george_gaz]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexbassguy

Valleyville, VA

Is it just me or do a LOT of the pictures smell of bad photo-shopping?

The Fletcher Farm Rhino - shadow seems wrong and so does the lighting of Rhino

Lynchburg West End Sinkhole (photo with truck) - "keep out" sign appears floating

As does the picture of the Church:

Phantom's Grave - horse and kid look pasted in

"Mags" the Headless Cat - the head looks cut out and using the smudge tool on the shirt to paste back the shirt colour.

Evington's Lost Locomotive - Gorilla looks pasted (poorly)

The Galax "Gravity Hole" -where do I begin?

Treasure Island and the "Leonardos" - text appears pasted on

The Southern Liberal Confederation - Flag pasted

There may be more but thats from what I an see breezing past the images.

I hope Vallyville isn't a hoax though!

It appears the Kipp Teague (author of the above mentioned site) is (or was) an employee or closely linked with NASA:
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about the whole "valleyview" thing. i started to blieve it and then i went to that kupopowiki link and then it started to get a little outrageous. It's that website real or is it like a spoofing site?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wikipedia as the definitive source
funny how the first section is not editable

reply to post by alexbassguy

<<   2  3 >>

join