It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is True! This is an Outrage!Immigrants Get Bigger Pensions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This information was sent to my private e-mail! It was sent to me by a local resident, who does freelance articles for the local newspaper.
"If the immigrant is over 65 they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than my mom gets for Social Security, and she worked from

1944 till 2004, only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there is a "catch 22". It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also obtain an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2, 470.00/month.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1, 012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

(Removed Active Recruiting Attempt)

[edit on 9/17/2007 by janasstar]

Mod Note: Why ATS Does Not Allow Activist Recruiting -- Please Review

[edit on 3-10-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I didn't think it was appropriate to insert source's name, but I have alerted him, that I posted his topic, and welcomed him to view it.
Fellow tax-paying Americans, is this an outrage or what? What's up with this? Why does it seem that every way we turn that we're hearing of favoritism being given to immigrants? Please do NOT get me wrong! I am NOT predjudiced. I believe in EQUALITY!
Does anyone have any ideas on what's up with this?

" Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive SSI Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!"

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Was just reading through more of the links available on the 'snopes' page, and found something a little conflicting. It doesn't really change the facts, it just might cast light on a different perpetrator. ' The SSI program was an initiative of the Nixon Administration and was signed into law by President Nixon on October 30, 1972.'
Oh! Wait a minute, I see! Nixon signed SSI into law. Carter decided to let immigrants in on it. My mistake! I need a vacation!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
People, please get it right when you spam forums and others' mailboxes. There's plenty of real outrage to go around based on the truth. The Snopes article actually says:

No one -- whether he be a citizen, immigrant, or illegal alien -- is eligible to collect Social Security benefits unless he (or someone else, such as a parent or spouse) has paid into the system. Someone has confused Social Security itself with Supplemental Security Income the latter is a federal welfare program "designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income" by providing "cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter." Immigrants can qualify for SSI benefits under certain conditions, but SSI is financed by general revenues and not Social Security taxes. SSI was not enacted by the administration of President Jimmy Carter (a Democrat); it was created and signed into law in 1972, during the administration of President Richard Nixon (a Republican).

top topics

join