It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Electric Car Looks Like Porsche, Accelerates Like Ferrari, Consumes Only Electricity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That is a shmexy car! Coming in at around $150k though it doesn't seem like they eant to make it affordable....but Daaaamn!

I like that they have other models, like the sedan for example, but delivery in 2011, or 2012? That stinks.

Cool post though. =)

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
But, power made by fossil fuels at a power plant is FAR more energy efficient than power made by fossil fuels in an internal combustion engine in a car.

That isn't true, the efficiency range of IC engines and a power stations are about the same. When you factor in all the other losses an IC engine car is still much more efficient than an electric car.

135MPG equivalence is based on cost to the user, not energy.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
reply to post by Lexion

How much is the sun and wind charging these days?

Again I have to agree with Lexion et al. For example, current wind turbines may take up to 20 years to repay the energy cost of their construction, transport, installation, maintenance and eventual removal / replacement.

Most, governments included, fall for the sales patter and don't account for the whole life energy cost of these systems.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Discussed before on ATS, but now we are on the eve of actual production.

. Only snag: It will cost you $92.000 to get one.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Truth4hire]

My favorite part! Anyone have some money I can borrow?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
100 grand isn't much for what it is. It outperforms that Lamborghini Reventon, which costs a cool million. In fact, there are only two production cars that outperform it, one costs 400 grand and one costs 12 MILLION.

Two production cars that can out perform it??? In what way, battery capacity?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

100 grand isn't much for what it is. It outperforms that Lamborghini Reventon, which costs a cool million. In fact, there are only two production cars that outperform it, one costs 400 grand and one costs 12 MILLION.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by CaptChaos]

How about the $80,790 Nissan GTR? "...a 430.6-horsepower rating at the wheels. That translates to between 507 and 574 horses at the crank..."

It does 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. 0 to 100 in 8 seconds. Crosses the quarter mile in 11.6 @ 120.0.

Motor trend.

Even the fastest cars in the world are less than 2 million US.

The Tesla has quick acceleration from a stop, due to how electric motors work. It does not have top speed though.

See Bugatti maxed out, vid.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster
Even the fastest cars in the world are less than 2 million US.
See Bugatti maxed out, vid.

He actually said 12million. Maybe he meant rupees or something like that?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yeah, it has a range of 200-250 miles, if driven like a granny on her way to church.

It's touted as a sports car, but drive it like one and the range drops dramatically, so what's the point? Also, given it's performance, the only place these days where one can legally take advantage of it's speed is a race track, not public roads.

So, what we have is a gimmicky car with an extremely limited appeal or target market.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Britguy]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

I was so lucky to get a ride in the Tesla Roadster at the Bellona conference...
And it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing which I didn't like was the tiny space inside the car...
But it is quite an experience to drive it... Totally silent and fast like hell...

Thumbs up for the Tesla!!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by skekke]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join