It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Iran has Oil, why the "need" for nuclear power? that has not been explained to me as of yet.

By all means, allow me;

Iran is a growing country that is quickly moving towards becoming a first world nation. This growth means that their energy demands are also growing, thus they are consuming more and more of their oil. Naturally since they are using more oil themselves, they have less oil for export. They are dependent on their oil exports for their growth... so they are caught in a bit of a catch 22. It's speculated that Iran is already at peak production, so they can't simply produce more oil.

By investing in nuclear power, they can offset their energy demands. This would allow them to grown AND continue to export oil. There's also nothing new or shocking about any of this... their nuclear program has been on-going since the mid 70s! The only reason it's a big deal now is it's a convenient excuse for the US to stomp them down before they can become a competing first world nation.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
reply to all people who think irans military will be wiped out:

first thats crazy no way would you wipe there army out or shatter there will to fight chances are you will make there morale high iran is not iraq alot more advanced

Their military hardware is as good as destroyed in the firs 48 hours. Iran is no more prepared for the american onslaught then iraq was.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good old Iran, havnt they been threatening to annihalate the US since the seventies

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Alien Abduct

get a few things right 1 irans not a threat 2 china will easily wipe america out there army will just role over your army with numbers 3 america wont stand a chance and 4 its a mistake if iran is attacked and i mean a big one like we never so the consequences of the iraq invasion and look at it now chances are in iran we will see even bigger mess and trouble so good luck!

CHINA WILL DO NO SUCH THING!!!!!

OK so they have lots of human wave material..
1 they have to train equip and transport them all to the battlefield.... Yeah sure good luck with that alone.

2 people spewed the same defeatest garbage attitude about iraq that your spewing now. About now americas army was supposed to be in flames with over 100,000 dead. Guess not.

3. Number do not mean as much as they used to. massed attacks with millions of troops are easy to detect, and very easy to attack.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dmxny

you must be *SNIP* to think america could destroy china are you *SNIP*? chinia will and can wipe out america there peoples army will just role over your armed forces. as for iran well they have had along time to prepare as they have been doing reinforceing buildings etc and building up there military so lets just wait to see how much off a failure it will be you war loving yanks

-----------------------------

Removed personal attacks

From the T&C's

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 16/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to
you must be stupid to think america could destroy china are you dumb? chinia will and can wipe out america there peoples army will just role over your armed forces. as for iran well they have had along time to prepare as they have been doing reinforceing buildings etc and building up there military so lets just wait to see how much off a failure it will be you war loving yanks

Are you *SNIP*

----------------------------------

Removed personal attack

From the T&C's

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

also, please read;

Courtesy is mandatory

and

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 16/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Please leave the namecalling and personal attacks at the door.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

The United States could incinerate every square inch of China with its nuclear missiles so how do you figure that they could just run over us? In a land battle maybe they could win but where and how would that happen?They would have to come through India first and that hasn't worked well for them in the past. They don't have a large enough navy. An air lift is suicide. They only have maybe two hundred nukes and they would be wiped out by our B-2s or our subs at the start of any hostile acts.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Good old Iran, havnt they been threatening to annihalate the US since the seventies

No, actually.
That's what the propagandists want you to believe, but it's not the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor2 china will easily wipe america out there army will just role over your army with numbers

Now thats funny!
What makes you think such a ludicrous thought? Numbers mean nothing since you can only transport so many at one time.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiserNo, actually.
That's what the propagandists want you to believe, but it's not the truth.

Link please to back up your words.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Iran's nuclear program has been a secret for over 20 years. Thats not exactly confidence inspiring to other countries when they want to know what their real intention is. Why keep it quiet for so long? That and inflammatory remarks by the regime itself prove that they are not responsible enough to have nuclear "energy". They are just plain STUPID.

They probably could have had successful nuclear program and ultimately a bomb if they had just played their cards right but their leadership is so crass, belicose and just plain dumb that now they are going to have their program blown to smitherines and the poor people of that country will pay for it. Their gov't has been spending all this money trying to develop a technology that will never bear fruit and that money could have been spent on bettering the lives of their people. The Mullahs are IDIOTS.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I did one better than to provide a single link, I wrote and article on the subject and posted it right here on ATS complete with many links sighting sources.
Under Standing the Iran Dis-Info Campaign - ATS
I strongly recommend that everyone read it.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well I checked your article out and it's nice to see that atleast someone else On ATS can see through all the propaganda and lies and see the truth.
Very insightful and well written.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
I did one better than to provide a single link, I wrote and article on the subject and posted it right here on ATS complete with many links sighting sources.

Some of what you say in your post is accurate, however a lot of it is biased heavily to fit your perceived views. But good for you, at least you care enough to take the time and try to express your views.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Thanks.
If you feel you can rebuke any point in that thread, please do so.

As I commented right at the head of that article, I'm not under any delusions that Iran is all warm and fluffy. The entire point was to cut through the amazing amount of BS that has been generated by western media (the most prolific propaganda engine of all time) and to hopefully get some people to realize that what they believe about Iran is based on lies.

It's anti-propagandist.
To that end, yes, it is one sided.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to all:

well numbers men alot chinia has numbers look what happened to the germans at kursk etc numbers won over tech yes america has nukes so does chinia well it goes to show how weak america are if they have to resort to nuclear weapons nuclear weapons used would make america a wimp chinese army,airforce,navy will crush americas forces in a few days as for the iranian your country will suffer heavy blows and deaths. give it a few years chinia will be one the worlds next superpowers i think america is loseing it grip!!

regards manzoor

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join