It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker: Our experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
(I have posted a similar version of this in hiii_98's "Skinwalker" thread.)

Three of us decided to go for a weekend trip to the infamous Skinwalker ranch in North east Utah. Hiii_98 and myself planned the trip and he flew out to SLC international where we met up, he rented a car, and we were on the road in minutes. That's what I like about people here on ATS.

What happened at the Skinwalker ranch in chronological order, to the best of my ability:

We arrived at the plateau above where the ranch is located at dusk and I believe all of us felt something from the beginning. Not only that, but a mechanical sound eminated from the direction of the power lines and it was very distorted and had no particular rythm, After setting up camp in an area where we would be hidden from detection, we prepared dinner, ate and began talking. By now it was completely dark. As we talked, the conversation led to what would happen “if” we were caught. Note: all of our energies were on this subject. As we spoke , about one hundred yards (at the most) away, and virtually upon our camp, we saw red and blue lights, and the “woop” “woop” sound that usually is heard when the authorities want your attention. Then we heard a very mechanical loudspeaker that sounded exactly like what police use, however it was un-discernable. Whatever was being said was muffled voice tones and completely foreign, it could not be understood. The tone was right, but there was just something un-natural about it all. Then it hit us. There were no headlights on the vehicle, no engine sound, and come to think of it no vehicle! It was just the lights and the sound. There was no police car there! Firstly we would have heard the car approaching, heck, we could hear the cars way out on the main road. Secondly it would have been impossible to navigate the twisty turny dirt road in complete darkness. Also, It’s quiet enough out there, you can hear virtually everything happening around you. This display had just appeared and virtually out of nowhere. We all concluded that the malicious entity, presence, or phenomena, had begun it’s toying with us. It was unreal! We were impressed.

The Ranch:

After we had gathered our bearings from having the holy hell scared out of us and realized that the lights had not really even looked like police lights, but were a “close enough” attempt at representing what we had feared most, it dawned upon us that we were in for a long night, and we were. Hiii_98 and myself quickly suited up with night vision, recording devices, camcorders, walkie-talkies, and cameras. We first went over to where I thought the ranch was, and sat for a bit, I was wrong! It was over more to the south. We then ventured around the radius of the camp, and then over by the main ridge, when I saw a figure standing on a broken saddle of the ridge! It was there for a total of maybe 4 seconds and then slipped down behind the ridge, I didn’t have enough time to even put my night vision down and grab my 500mm Nikon. I was hosed. Even worse, I then had to explain to hiii_98 what I had seen and failed to capture. I felt like a bunk researcher. I knew there was not enough time to grab a shot. Unless I could develop the quick draw skill of Billy the Kid, it was unlikely I was going to have any luck at all at this rate. This wasn’t far from the truth as things turned out.

We regrouped and went towards camp to settle in for the night. It was harder to sleep than expected but we managed. The next morning we ventured around and got our bearings. We were running low on ice so we headed in to the closest store. Which is a bit of a drive, but offers some good vantage points to see where exactly the ranch is located. We then, went over to the entrance of the ranch and snapped a few shots.

(Continued below)

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My fiance and I thought one of the oddest and horrifying things of the trip was the fact that we could hear the sound of our car doors opening and closing when we were just out of camp at least three times! I went back to camp the first two times because it freaked us out so bad. Again, no way to determine when this was going to happen.

The campsite:

Another strange incident occurred after hearing noises coming from in the nearby gully. The three of us went to investigate and saw nothing at first. My fiance was scanning the gully with night vision when she came across a human-like figure standing mid way down an embankment. She quickly handed me the night vision to confirm. I noticed the figure standing there and saw it take a step down. I passed the night vision to hiii_98 in hopes he would get a glimpse too. He also noticed “something” was there, but wasn’t sure what. After discussing what we were seeing, we looked back in the direction of the figure and it was gone.

My fiance and I stayed behind while hiii_98 went back onto the ranch alone. In his absence, we were able to see not once, but three times, bluish balls of light weaving through some trees to the north of us. We were fortunate enough to have our cameras ready, but were unable to capture any of them in time. After hiii_98 returned we went to the grove of trees to investigate. We quickly realized being in the thick of it was not allowing us a full view of anything.
What the bluish balls looked like:

One unknown noise I was able to record with a highly sensitive digital Sony ICR recorder was some interestingly haunting sounds we heard off and on, and with much infrequency. It almost seemed to start and stop with complete abandon. There was no rhyme or reason. I am waiting for the proper connection device that will allow me to share this recording with you- so please, be patient.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very interesting, this is the 1st time I've heard of the place. Seems like you need more people to go out with you with more equipment. If you have a "nightshot" camera try using an infrared spotlight. Is there any still cameras that capture relected infrared light?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It sounds like you all had a pretty amazing time!

I'd like to do something like that in the future, but I just never seem to have the time. Keep this up though guys! I love reading your posts, and look forward to that audio!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
int resting read lookin forward to see what others think.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Creepy Story, had never heard of this until now (am now swotting up so any extra links and articles wld be appreciated), so in your mind did you feel inclined to believe that any activity was either paranormal or E.T? Or maybe human?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I never knew what Skinwalker Ranch was untill I was persuaded to get some basic information about it. Anyway, you saw lights flashing? Weird. Knapp AND the Gorman family prior to NIDS' arrival both reported a refrigerator-shaped object about the size of an RV with a white light at the front and a red light at the back.

Did you see any fridge shaped objects there?

What about the UFOs? Did they make a refrigeration or transformer type noise? Box like also? Look up Chupas, Knapp and the Gorman family also reported these as was a semi transparent entity. Gormans also reported instances of what sounded like heavy machinery being moved beneath the ranch, and unintelligible voices emanating from the sky.

Nice report, I look forwards to hearing your recordings and thanks having the guts to do the trip. If I saw anything like that I would get in the car and wouldn't stop till I hit Seattle.

Flagged.

[edit on 5/9/2007 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow! Great stuff, Utah. Not only is it a great trip report, but you've also captured a lot of solid, physical evidence of stuff from the trip. It's all too frustrating when a topic comes up regarding Skinwalker Ranch, or a similar place of mystery, and it only turns out to be someone's first post which seems to only serve the purpose of FICTION. Thus, I really want to thank you for doing this trip as I think it holds a great deal of merit in the ATS community due to your great contributions in the past.

There certainly is a lot of spooky stuff surrounding that ranch, and it seems information on it is sparse and repeats itself on every other webpage.

Keep the great pics/etc rolling, I can't wait to see more!
Thanks again!

*flagged*

[edit on 5-9-2007 by granoladude]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey guys i didnt even realize Utahbigfoothunter posted this thread until now! Its a great read and exactly what happened to us. He left out at the last night they both went to sleep and i saw a glow football shaped orange/red object hover over a ridge and decend to the other side. Overall the tip was one of the most convincing expereinces i have ever had of the paranormal/extraterrestrial life coexisting with us.

BTW when i left ot explore the ranch by myself i saw a swirling yellow light in the sky but it was too far away to make out clearly. I had taken off and walked along for miles but in the wrong direction of the ranch (where the light was hovering over!). Amazing stuff.

I am writing here today to let you guys know we will be going again and i just bought the plane tickets. I fully anticipate this trip to be even more enriching and hope to have more evidence this time. I wish utahbigfoot had posted the audio recordings, it literally would send shivers down your spine listening to that mechanical "chattering" like noise eminating from around the powerlines.

We will also be checking out Dugway Proving gounds and camping out in the desert there and the abandoned base near Moab, and also of course camping out in the heart of the Ranch.

BTW my impresssion of the whole experince was that whatever is out there is NOT human, is NOT alien, but more spiritual or even demonic in nature. And whats weird is that i dont really believe in such things and was not expecting to come back with that impression after the trip as i was looking for ufos! Whatever was out there had an intelligence but seemed to be toying with us. The indians claim the entire region where we were (not just the ranch) is Cursed. Anyone who has been to the region will likely get an uneasy feeling the moment you arrive in the creepy ghost-like-town.

Please stay tuned for our new adventures. I now have a iphone so perhaps i can log on from the area and update the forum live.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

hiii, I would like to ask you. Are you 100% sure that whatever happened to you was caused by 'outside influences' and not just simple explanations like wind, animals etc?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The chattering noise (perhaps the most real event and most scary) could most definately be several rational explinations other than the ones we felt it was. Honestly unless I actually shake hands with a alien / ghost? i have a hard time believing they truely exist. I guess thats what keeps me so driven. I'm a skeptic that has the heart of a believer. Not one thing was tangible enough for me to say with 100% certainty that its all real.. What we saw and what was reported here was how we percieved the events around us those 4 nights. If you guys follow any of my threads you will see i travel to many paranormal locations and I have to say that the ranch was the most impressive place i have ever been to regarding the possibility of life outside of how we understand it. Can i prove any of it yet?... no.. thats why i'm headed back!

[edit on 12-5-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

awesome story. surprised to see there are no cries of hoax.. lol. you'll have to pm me again and let me know exactly where this is so i can get my gf to go with.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
There is a very good reason to avoid the skinwalker ranch, the primary one is that you can did there and not even see what is killing you. The only time you will see anything in the area is when "they" want you to see. You took this picture, i didn't, i just want you to see the people you unknowingly camped among. These are alien zones, even the indians shunned this place for excellent reasons. You cannot defend yourself from what you cannot see.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
oh my gosh I am SO BUMMED you didn't invite me

I just got a subaru outback to make my camping trips more comfy...

DON'T leave me behind DANGIT I am an awesome camp cook....sheesh.

Um hiii the Green River base is not outside of Moab...it is in Green River.......I lived in GR for 9 years and know that base fully as I crawled all over it...you can see ALL there is to see in 2 & 1/2 hours and that includes hiking around....

There are MORE sightings on the Ruby Ranch than the old empty buildings of the White Sands Base base....
(yes it was called The White Sands Base, and it IS in Utah)
They were the launching site that shot missiles AT White Sands New Mexico....MN played 'catch' with what Green River shot at them.....all the missiles flying over the national park areas

Anyway The Ruby Ranch is a large cattle ranch that boarders the old land the base was on.....I know those folks pretty well and I bet I can hook you up for permission to enter and camp.....

[edit on 13-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nice adventure. How many were in your party? Did you have any more pix to post?

I drove to Area 51. Didn't see anything extradinary. But, I did find a sensor box disguised as a rock on public land. Check out these pix:

External Image 1

External Image 2

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is a very very interesting trip you had. I've lived in Utah my whole entire life. Where exactly is this ranch your speaking of? Is it towards Moab? I do recall, very loosely, of my aunt talking about skinwalkers. I visit Moab five or six times a year. Could you possibly give me some useful links to more basic information about Skinwalkers?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
writing you a PM now therivergodess. Dont you know theutahbigfoothunter he talked about meeting you before.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My intrigue meter is registering I need to find out more about this.

NIDs was mentioned did they do any electro magnetic field tests ?

If they did I would be interested in the results, if you don't know I will try to find out if there was any details on the web.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
NIDS isnt well known for sharing results of any of their tests on the Ranch. The Ranch itself is private property and the information gathered by NIDS to my knowledge has not been shared with the public other than that George Napp has shared.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why dont you give me the exact coordinates of where you camped. I read in the book that no one is allowed to camp there and they don't like visitors. I thought Bigelow had a team of guards out there along with a team of scientists recording all of these events that they claimed to have stopped.

You make it sound so easy to do...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by The Lizard King]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join