It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Chemical Weapons Treaty ( 1675 AD )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Early Efforts at Arms Control

Attempts to prohibit the use of chemical weapons began with the Strasbourg Agreement (1675), a bilateral French-German accord which prohibited the use of poison bullets.

More : Link

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Poisoned bullets???lol. Smart people.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
When the men have to kill others men, unfortunatley, they are ALLWAYS smarts.

There is more that 3000 years that we are using chemicals and bio weapons !

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
thx phoenix my history teacher said ypres was the first use of chemical weapons now i can prove him wrong

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
why do people fight?

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Because people only see their closer neighbors as being "Human" everyone else is an animal like a deer or a bear off in the wilderness, and if that "animal" possess resources, they really don't have much of a problem with taking it from them, whether they need to or not.

As for some wars that need be fighting, even when it dawns on the soldiers that the other person is not an animal but a human, they still are resolved to finish the job, in less honorable cases the soldier may quit or become more cruel to subsidize his lack of arrogance for glory.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
thx phoenix my history teacher said ypres was the first use of chemical weapons now i can prove him wrong

And what did she/he say ?

Originally posted by FreeMason
when it dawns on the soldiers that the other person is not an animal but a human, they still are resolved to finish the job, in less honorable cases the soldier may quit or become more cruel to subsidize his lack of arrogance for glory

Hey man, all the soldiers are not cruel beasts who want to kill kids and womens.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
@ultra
he said that ypres was the first use of chemical weapons i was like i thought i read something about that then i came back to your post so thx alot man

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You're wellcome f16falcon. And your teacher, is he/she upset to have wrong ?

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
no cuz i'm the smartest person in my history class to if there was one student to get somethin like that it's gonna be me

[Edited on 15-1-2003 by f16falcon]

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
no cuz i'm the smartest person in my history class to if there was one student to get somethin like that it's gonna be me

huum, I like your ego f16falcon.

I hope that u'll have an " A ".

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
luckily ya i have an A its just that everyone else in my class sits there with their jaws open and i'm the only one who does nething

new topics

top topics

join