It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood of the snake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What can anyone tell me of this. I have a site here ( www.bibliotecapleyades.net... )That gives some idea.
Brotherhood of the Snake

OF ALL THE animals revered in ancient human societies, none were as prominent or as important as the snake. The snake was the logo of a group which had become very influential in early human societies of both Hemispheres. That group was a disciplined Brotherhood dedicated to the dissemination of spiritual knowledge and the attainment of spiritual freedom. This Brotherhood of the Snake (also known as the “Brotherhood of the Serpent,” but which I will often refer to as simply the “Brotherhood”) opposed the enslavement of spiritual beings and, according to Egyptian writings, it sought to liberate the human race from Custodial bondage.*

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The site above was taken from this site ( www.bibliotecapleyades.net... )

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, the first modern references to "The Brotherhood of the Snake" to be taken very seriously were made by the great William Cooper. He thought of the Brotherhood of the Snake as the source of all ancient mystery societies and the secret source of, above all, the Eleusinian rites. The cults of Ra, Osiris, Orpheus, Isis, Dionysus, etc were, in Cooper's view, partially corrupted emanations of this great Original Mystery.

Cooper also felt that the original Bavarian Illuminati as conceived and founded by Weishaupt was little more than a front for The Brotherhood of the Snake. By extending this line of reasoning, we could say that all relevent Secret Societies even in the 21st century are emanations of, and perhaps even fronts for, this original secret society.

It's worth noting that although both Fraser in The Golden Bough and Hall in The Secret Teachings of all Ages do stress the importance of serpent and dragon worship in cults and mystery cults, neither explicitly mentions The Brotherhood of the Serpent. Since Cooper explicitly defers to Hall's work as the magnum opus and standard reference for ancient mystery cults, this poses a serious problem for any claims that The Brotherhood of the Snake ever really existed.

It is possible that it did, but it seems more likely that Cooper was simply positing the existence of something he felt logically had to have existed, that is a single original cult from which all other cults spread. In my view this is elegantly wrong reasoning.

In the 20th and 21st centuries ther have been numerous cults calling themselves The Brotherhood of the Snake or Dragon or Serpent and all claiming an unbroken lineage from this original (pre-historic) cult down to the present day. Most of these cults are, to use a scholarly and technical term, "full of it".

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Can't forget to mention the Atlantis connection.

It may have been mentioned in the link posted by OP.

I understand in those stories it is said there were two factions of Brotherhoods who maintained power and control over the unwitting masses.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Aren't the Anunaki or other supposed aliens from the past supposed to have been reptilian or snake like? would this brotherhood of the snake or serpent and the worship of the dragon ( reptilian ) in the far east all be related somehow?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by peabody
In the 20th and 21st centuries ther have been numerous cults calling themselves The Brotherhood of the Snake or Dragon or Serpent and all claiming an unbroken lineage from this original (pre-historic) cult down to the present day.

There was the German-Romanian-Hungarian Order of the Dragon

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KezigluBey

There was the German-Romanian-Hungarian Order of the Dragon

Sounds interesting. Do you know of any good links on that?

join