It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fugitive Democratic Fundraiser Norman Hsu Turns Self in to Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Things that make you go, hum?

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So basically Hillary's campaign has been financed by money stolen from a hippy?

Coincidentally enough, Hillary earmarked $1 million in Senate appropriations for ...

The Woodstock Museum. On the site of Woodstock. The Hippy, Mr. Rosenman's pet project.

List of Senate Earmarks to be Included in Labor, HHS, Education Appropriations Bill

and include millions for questionable projects such as $1 million in tax dollars for a museum dedicated to recreating the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival experience

[edit on 9/13/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here's a video clip I captured from FOX. The police call is fantastic, I can't imagine what the Hillary camp is thinking about this!

Hillary Clinton's money launderer!
I love it!

[edit on 9/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Norman Hsu is in such trouble, oh my.

Bloomberg reports that in addition to the charges in California, now

U.S. prosecutors in New York filed a criminal complaint against Hsu, today, accusing him of wire, mail and election fraud.

Hsu ~ violated federal election laws by making more than $20,000 in political contributions to two unnamed federal candidates in the names of others, prosecutors said.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation seized thousands of dollars in cash from Hsu, along with checkbooks related to the alleged scheme, hundreds of thousands of dollars of checks from his victims and bank receipts for millions of dollars of transactions, Garcia said. He also said bank accounts had been seized.

I wondered who the U.S. prosecutor is, so I looked him up.

Michael J. Garcia, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York. Garcia, was appointed to the post by President George W. Bush in part because of his antiterroism expertise.

Death threats do rattle him, but he hasn’t had any since Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, considered the mastermind behind the 1993 trade center bombing and successfully prosecuted for the 1994 conspiracy to bomb 12 American planes, added Mr. Garcia to his persona non grata list.

On another wall, Mr. Garcia keeps framed front pages of tabloid coverage of terrorist prosecutions he was involved with in 1994 (“Guilty!), 1996 (“Guilty!) and 2001 (“302 Times Guilty!”).

Yup, Hsu, Hillary's money launderer is in trouble, oh my!

[edit on 9/20/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's amazing that this isn't being more widely reported.

You know if it was a Republican fund raising scandal it'd be wall-to-wall 24/7 coverage all over the media.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
New related story breaking at the LA Times

Hsu II? Hillary raking in cash from poor Chinese immigrants, many of whom can’t be located

Dishwashers, waiters and others whose jobs and dilapidated home addresses seem to make them unpromising targets for political fundraisers are pouring $1,000 and $2,000 contributions into Clinton’s campaign treasury. In April, a single fundraiser in an area long known for its gritty urban poverty yielded a whopping $380,000.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Back to the first scandal. Remember when Mrs. Bill Clinton said she was going to refund the illegal donations?

Where are the cancelled checks?

I know why, but I have to ask...where is the media on this?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I know why, but I have to ask...where is the media on this?

I'll go a step further.

Where is ATS on this?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Indicted

Hillary Clinton's money launderer is big, big trouble.

The FBI have released an announcement that Norman Hsu is now officially indicted for bilking investors of $60 million, forcing them to make political contributions to the candidate of his choice, and directly reimbursing people for contributions.

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Indicts Norman Hsu For Massive Fraud Scheme

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DECEMBER 4, 2007

MICHAEL J. GARCIA, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced today the unsealing of a fifteen-count Indictment against NORMAN HSU, 56, for perpetrating a massive scheme that defrauded investors across the United States. HSU also was charged with violating federal campaign finance laws by making contributions to various political candidates in the names of others.

HSU is charged in the Indictment with six counts of mail fraud, six counts of wire fraud, and three counts of violating the Federal Election Campaign Act. If convicted, HSU faces maximum penalties of 20 years in prison on each of the mail and wire fraud charges, and 5 years on each of the federal campaign finance charges. HSU also faces a maximum fine of twice the gross gain or loss resulting from his financial fraud crimes, and an additional maximum fine of $250,000 for the campaign finance crimes.

In addition, the Indictment contains an allegation seeking the forfeiture of all property that constitutes the proceeds traceable to the commission of HSU’s mail and wire fraud offenses, including at least $20 million -- obtained as a result of those offenses.

On the other hand, maybe he's not in too much trouble. The case is now assigned to United States District Judge Victor Marrero, who was appointed to that position by...Bill Clinton.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Today Hillary's friend Norman Hsu was sentanced to 3 years for his 1992 fraud charges.

Next stop for Hsu? New York, where he will face Federal charges including stealing $60 million from Hillary's friends... to finance her election campaign.

Fortunatly for Hsu, the Federal Judge he will face was appointed by... his friend Bill Clinton.

Aren't friends great?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join