It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The attraction of singing abilities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I know women can be attracted to good looking males with singing abilities.
I have always wondered if men find singing an attractive attribute in women?

My next question is, what is it about singing that makes it an attractive attribute?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have found this to be VERY true nixie.

When I was in college, the fact that I could play the guitar and sing at the same time gave me a nice advantage over those that couldnt do either.

I am not saying that I am the most attractive male, but in the whole scheme of things there was definitely something about my abilities that drew the women in like flies to excrement
Who knows what it is..I dont come off as a badboy, but I guess if I can play and sing what you want, then that increases the level of attraction somehow.

I dont know if I have seen the same effect on men, but I am definitely attracted to a woman that can sing. Whether she have a buttery soulful voice, or sings opera, there is something magnetic about the voice that draws me in.

Are you a singer and have you experiecned the same things?

[edit on 8/29/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I "can" sing. But not professionally in any way. My husband can sing, and I enjoy it.

I was thinking how other then entertainment value, singing doesn't have a real purpose.
Other then getting babies to calm down.

Maybe it is a thowback to childhood?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have been the lead singer in bands...and in those bands, I got tons of attention after shows.

Currently I am a guitarist doing backing vocals. I get very little attention after shows. So I definately think there's something to the whole "vocal attraction" thing.

As far as men being attracted to women who sing? I can only really speak for myself, and honestly it doesn't matter to me. I actually find a woman who plays guitar more attractive than a woman who sings.

I know there are tons of women out there with phenominal voices, but more often than not, a woman's singing voice kind of annoys me...not trying to be mean or anything, that's just how I am. But like I said, i can only speak for myself...I may be in the HUGE minority on this one. I just don't know....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think that a lady with a nice singing voice is attractive. However , depends on the singing, the loud "diva" type singing is obnoxious.

Voices tell alot about people.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
to me all the young female pop singers all sound alike and i don't find it attractive. i also don't do the scream/wail soul thing. just plain singing a tune can be pretty attractive though. for example, i think the lead singer for rilo kiley has a pretty voice.

www.youtube.com...

i don't care for most of their music, but it's at least tolerable - better than the crap i hear repeating every day on the radio...

in short, yes singing can go a long way toward the attractiveness factor.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

Yeah it helps : )

Having said that..back in the naughty boy days I used to get my fair share of action as just a keyboard player.

Now as a singer and guitarist. wellll I'm keeping shtum

Edit to add..

Singing abilities in a girl is attractive too ..Unfortunately their egos are NOT..
I prefer dancing abilities.. o yes indeedy doo.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh yes, I find singing very attractive. I think that any talent is attractive though. It doesnt have to be singing. It could be dancing or writing or kickboxing. Anything really, other than shopping

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I am not saying that I am the most attractive male, but in the whole scheme of things there was definitely something about my abilities that drew the women in like flies to excrement

Hey! Now that’s one stinky smelly analogy between women and flies! You made me laugh on this one. I know the feeling because I’d shut the front door on a few neighborly onlookers while playing the piano during my childhood. My bad!

Anyway singing is always a gift – a talent meant to be shared by anyone who is lucky enough to hear a person perform live. It’s like asking ourselves: Why do we listen to birds at ‘dawn’? Or why do mothers sing lullabies to their babies? It’s because the sound resonates more beautifully at the moment and the connection with the singer is heartwarming compared to audio recordings, which is very impersonal and quite distant (like memories).

[edit on 17-1-2008 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I have found this to be VERY true nixie.

I am not saying that I am the most attractive male, but in the whole scheme of things there was definitely something about my abilities that drew the women in

I have to second that. When i played pro in the US I could have my pick. It sounds bad and chauvinistic but it was a fact. I play guitar and sing and I also won my wifes heart with, i believe, greater ease because i could lament her LOL... ok maybe not but i am sure it helped.

But yeah, it helps to be able to sing and play guitar. But sometimes playing guitar will also do it lol

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have all the musical talent of a lump of rock. But some of my friends really can rock. The girls they come a callin, but there was always one that wasn't impressed... Pounce!!

Haha.

Security has it's perks as well you know!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Security has it's perks as well you know!!

MonKey

Hey ChiKeyMonKey, has anyone ever told you that you are a bad @ss LOL and you have corrupted my fragile little mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I know women can be attracted to good looking males with singing abilities.
I have always wondered if men find singing an attractive attribute in women?

Some do I suppose..., though would be different motivation for males I think... Because a female singer is desired by many males, the male sees it as a challenge, and for us, the challenge is often the attraction.

My next question is, what is it about singing that makes it an attractive attribute?

For women, it's similar but different. Women are also attracted to the male singer who is desired by other women, but not for the challenge. For the female, its so she can make the other women absolutely jealous....

We're all such pitifully simple creatures, really...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yes women love guys who have some sort of musical talent. Women are shallow and only care about sex and money and other monitary things that don't matter in life, women suck, they're all the same. Sorry for ranting, i've just had my heart stepped on by too many women and they all want the same thing. I wish there were someone out there for me, but even if there were I wouldn't have any love for them, I'm all out cause you women have driven it from me, always hating me cause I'm fat, ugly and can't play an instrument.
Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Oh, please stop crying! You'll do fine, really. If you already have a good singing voice, you don't need to play a guitar for added effects.

top topics

join