It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Plaque on Pikes Peak?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
img210.imageshack.us...
I was just wondering if anyone knew what this plaque is all about on Pikes Peak in Colorado. It seems kind of out of place.
Pardon me if this has been posted before.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's a Masonic time capsule, to be opened in 2099.

Big whoop, thread closed.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
LOL take it easy, this thread aint like other ones you've been on,and i've see you on those threads saying things that deserve what's coming to it but not this one. Lol the guys just curious.

Anyways, yes it is indeed a time capsule to be opened on Sept.6th 2099. But what confuses me about it is that it refers to a Craft? Is the craft the masonic fraternity its referring to?

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I wish I had a bigger picture to read the code on the bottom.
Poster do you have the original pic in larger size/higher res? I assume the host site downsized it and converted res for size standards?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This appears to be a time capsule that was placed long ago and was opened then renewed in 1999. You can read about it here.
Looks like it may be a York Rite thing, not sure though.

Wonder what that strange script is at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

Looks like it may be a York Rite thing, not sure though.

It is indeed. The symbolism comes from Cryptic Masonry, the "Council" section of the York Rite.

Wonder what that strange script is at the bottom.

It is written in the Cryptic Cipher, but the photo is too small for me to decode it.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ha ha, looks tempting. I probably would just be looking at a bunch of junk if I did recover it though. I always crack up to myself when I read or hear "The Craft", LOL!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm a bit new to the history of the masons....Are they like a very powerful group of homosexuals? If so, could it be that they're using pike's peak as reference to phallic worship?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm a bit new to the history of the masons....Are they like a very powerful group of homosexuals? If so, could it be that they're using pike's peak as reference to phallic worship?

No, you're getting mixed up with the Worshipful Society of Reptilians, who dance naked in the moonlight with tethered virgins at their mercy. Freemasons are actually quite placid, and the connection to Pike's Peak may be a reference to Albert Pike, a notorious freemason who may have climbed Pike's Peak to conduct Satanic rituals.

And then again, he may not. You decide.

new topics

top topics

join