It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self hydrating eyes without lids, an iris or sclera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I can't recall any reports of ET interactions in which it's mentioned they blink... this inspires a closer examination of what we know regarding the ET eye.

Most things I've read on the subject seem to indicate that ET's have large, lidless, light sensitive eyes which lack an iris or sclera. An indicator of this can be found in this clip from the Alien Interview video which holds to the general view of ET facial features.

Since ET's seemingly never blink, they must lack eyelids which indicates their eyes are self-hydrating or else do not require any moisture at all.

Going further it would seem that the ET's eyes aren't typically exposed to the environmental conditions commonly found on Earth such as varying degrees of light as well as airborne dust, debris and allergens which would neccesitate the need for eyelids, eyelashes, an iris and sclera.

As well, the ET face apparently lacks eyebrows which indicates there isn't a need to prohibit moisture from flowing down into the eye and interfering with sight.

Given all of the above, what areas of our galaxy or solar system would be the most likely origin for ET's?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If alien species like the supposed ET descriptions exist, then they probably live in a world where the environment does not interfere with their eyes, like happens on Earth with fishes, who do not need lids because they live in water.

Or they may have a different type of eye, made of some material that does not require any liquid to keep them in a perfect working condition.

Or those things are not eyes, but the fact that they are on the same place as we expect to see eyes we consider them as something that they are not.

Or the description of those alleged aliens includes those big lidless eyes because that is something that we humans consider a clue to show that they are not of our species or even from our environment. We look to the eyes of other people (apparently in the US there is a tendency to look at the mouth, but that is a different story) to try to see in what mood they are, not only because the eyes reflect that (that is why they are called the mirrors of the soul) but because almost all mammals have eyebrows that are used to complement their facial expressions, showing even better their mood.

The lack of lids and eyebrows on the description of aliens may have been a result of trying to show without a doubt that those things were not from our planet or it may be the result of what people were feeling at the time, a result of their feeling of being in the presence of something strange, maybe dangerous, but that would not show their real intentions.

As you may have noticed from what I have said, I do not believe that the aliens that have been reported are real, they may be an invention of those who supposedly saw them, they may be the result of the imagination of those who think they saw them, or they may be artificially made on purpose to look like that.

Or I may be completely wrong, it has happened many times before.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Maybe they aren't real. What I mean is maybe the "grey" that people report is a manufactured tulpa or thought-form? Maybe the eyes are holes and the grey is an ectoplasmic creation around the eyes or holes which are the viewing method of whomever sends them to do their dirty (or good) deeds in the first place?Is that a crazy thought or what?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Is that a crazy thought or what?

Not crazy at all...

Everything regarding ET's is open to speculation because there isn't actually any certifiable evidence regarding them to speak of, at least not publically accessible evidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Self hydrating eyes without lids, an iris or sclera

It's been pointed out the deep black eyes so often mentioned in reports, especially of the Alien Abduction variety, speculate the actual eye is covered with a light filter type cover, supposing fluids are lubricating the eye, between the eye and cover filter.

The late Ret. Col. Corso, if I remember correctly remarked on this somewhere in his book
"Day After Roswell" Info link:
www.all-natural.com...

I feel it is either or a protective cover or filter or both. lol or neither.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What Dallas is saying is consistent with hundreds of reports of close encounters. Of course this may be a result of others reading about or hearing about this claim from established reports and repeating it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What if they have a second-layered, "hidden" eyelid - like some animals on earth have - and they blink so fast that no one ever notices? Considering how fast their crafts move, maybe they like everything fast, including their blinks. Its possible, right?

/End Sarcasm.

No one really knows the anatomy of an alien. Even if the unlikely happened and a few scientists 'captured' an ET, ran a full autopsy procedure and placed the report in your hands; would you still not question? What if they 'tampered' with the data? Would you not want to see the body yourself, in person, before all doubts vanished?

Supposedly, there are hundreds of different ET races swimming around out skies at any moment. I'm sure that they would each have different characteristics, DNA, etc. One theory or fact can't be applied to every life form.

I somehow doubt that my future children will be attending 'Alien Anatomy 101' in their lives. We don't even know everything about our OWN bodies, much less are we prepared to learn about other species/ET races.

We have to make it through elementary classes before we get to college.

-Mea

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
We have to make it through elementary classes before we get to college.

Indeed you do, and I'm quite sure you'll make it with flying colors. Best of luck to you in attending the future college of your choice.

Edit:
I hear Princeton is still ranked number one

[edit on 20-8-2007 by seeingevil]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Whenever I think of aliens with this sort of eye, all I can conceptualize is that they must live in a very clean and sterile environment.

Where this is located, I cannot say for sure...

The only other option I can think of is that the "eyes" are really protective lenses (much like our sunglasses) that have been inserted into the eye much like contact lenses.

I know this isn't as detailed as a response as I would like, but I'm still trying to aquire funding to get my own spaceship together and start exploring the universe first hand.

Until then, that's the best I can come up with.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeingevil
Indeed you do, and I'm quite sure you'll make it with flying colors. Best of luck to you in attending the future college of your choice.

How kind of you! I have been making it "with flying colors."

Edit:
I hear Princeton is still ranked number one

Princeton was not my college of choice, but I appreciate you recommending it nonetheless.

Thanks for the encouragement.

-Mea

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was always lead to belive that these greys that have the big black eyes and long slender faces isnt what they really looked. But it was like part of a space suit if you will. These large black eyes to me anyway are just helmuts that they where to protect themselfs from what ever it is that they need protection aginst.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Good observation and I agree with you, that's actually one of the main points I was trying to illustrate in the OP.

If they're actual eyes and not just part of some type of manufactured body suit the Aliens use, then it really says a lot about them and raises questions about their origin.

new topics

top topics

join