It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Origion of the eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
apod.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Hey coudl this be the origion of the all seeign eye ? i think its a fake, and the nebula isnt real, btu if it is, is it how the all seeing eye started ?

take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well eye-shaped nebulas do appear more often so I think these things are real. The hubble telescope uses a kind of complicated formula to show us these things though because they come from normal sources of light as well as sources of light invisable to the human eye. So in that perspective we can't see it all maybe. Anyway... it is a nice theorie to the all seeing eye... lol.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That image is indeed the "All seeing eye", but presented by its actual name, which is the Helix Nebula. The "all seeing eye" thing, or "eye of God" is just a nickname applied to it by a (relatively small) group of people.

See also:

Wikipedia's entry
seds.lpl.arizona.edu...
Jet Propulsion Laboratory (jpl.nasa.gov)
HubbleSite

You can also check out the related article on www.snopes.com.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Im not saying its the all seeing eye as in cause some people say that, im sayign could it be the all seeing eye ? I believe that aliens has visted us, and i think that most people do now, so if they saw that and thought it was a sign they would probly tell some one, that some one could be us, and then the myth of the all seeing eye pops up. I think that it is the origion of the all seeing eye.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I never thought of it that way but it's a very good theory. I think that this nebula as well as other nebulas do have a certain shape to it that would suggest they were created with a reason. However I can not prove that. But it's good thinking Vix!

Juliet

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
ACtually yes. That is the "Eye of Horus".

The all seeing eye...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i would suspect that we on earth can observe the nebula we call The All Seeing Eye...because from our particular location that is what is can be 'seen'

If there are other civilizations on other worlds looking into space,
only observers behind our position in space
and perhaps an additional 2 degree wide 'cone'
would be able to observe the nebula at the proper angle,
where an 'All Seeing Eye' could be conjured up in one's imagination.

or something like that...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
apod.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Hey coudl this be the origion of the all seeign eye ? i think its a fake, and the nebula isnt real, btu if it is, is it how the all seeing eye started ?

take care, Vix

Wlle, brae ni mnid taht it's nto rlleay taht colro. Taht's a flase colroed igmae.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
whats up with the spelling ? youre either trying to take the mick out of me for not be the best at spelling or your worse then me at spelling. If you are taking the mick im pretty sure that it breaks some posting rules.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Strange, yet cool at the same time...maybe the idea of some gods were derived from something like this? It looks like someone looking at you from space

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
whats up with the spelling ? youre either trying to take the mick out of me for not be the best at spelling or your worse then me at spelling. If you are taking the mick im pretty sure that it breaks some posting rules.

Take care, Vix

Actually there was a recent thread circulating about how we percieve words when reading and how you can arrange letters in any sequence and the mind will still read it acurately.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Wlle, brae ni mnid taht it's nto rlleay taht colro. Taht's a flase colroed igmae.

Well, Bare in mind that it's not really that color. That's a false colored image.

I could read it along just fine.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Its also easier if you make the first and last letters correct, although not necessary

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Back on topic I don't personally believe that the nebulla is the origin of the eye. There are many more ideas which seem more plausible, but I don't know this for a fact.

The fact that the eye is frequently surrounded by sun rays seem to implicate that light and the eye are meaningful together.

The watchers, the peacock, and many other things are said to symbolize the all seeing eye, as well as horus and the head that had it's eye stabbed out.

Personally I believe it to represent the active pineal gland.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
so if this is the eye of horus then wouldnt the egytians been on this it may seem far fetched but could it be true

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You know, that Nebula is actually a very long cylinder and we're looking straight into it. That's why it looks like an eye. That and it's a false color image as well. Although that member (badge01) didn't say that nicely!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I beg your pardon, Mr Moderator, but why did you refer to me in lower case letters? I consider that not very nice.

Mod Note: Please Stay On Topic

[edit on 18/8/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Haha this is a funny thread;D

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/8/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
img250.imageshack.us...

img250.imageshack.us...

I just love these too, also.

I liked it better when I didn't know the colorings were added. That just changes things alot.

But they are still captivating images. It is incredible that such lifeforms exists and even more phenomenal that we can know of and see them.

new topics

top topics

join