It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why violent revolution is a TERRIBLE idea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
we need a good revolution. We need to get rid of all of them. They are alkl on the take. In china, you know, they shoot these crooks. I think it is a well deserved aspirin to a democracy.

The Russian revolution was a great revolution and communism is a great ideal.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Communism blows. It's theories are good an all, but becasue people have a natural tendence to wash themselves in money, it is flawed. the millions of dead Russians due to communism would back me up.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, try blowing up buildings in Oklahoma some time.

See if the general public then rally to your cause.
Or do they think "OMFG! We've got lunatic terrorists on our home soil!"?

People might want a change, but they don't want murder and destruction.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
Well, try blowing up buildings in Oklahoma some time.

See if the general public then rally to your cause.
Or do they think "OMFG! We've got lunatic terrorists on our home soil!"?

People might want a change, but they don't want murder and destruction.

That was during the 90's. A time when we were not oppresed citizens. 10 years latter makes a big difference. We are not yet at the boiling point, but we're a crap load closer today.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think non violent revolution is the answer to be honest, sticking to your values and trying to make a difference without the use of violence is far more likely to gain you support than relying on violence. At the end of the day for revolution to really be effective in one of the wealthy western countries, peaceful action is the only real option. Take a leaf out of Gandhis book. With the terrorist laws that have been passed, violent revolution is going to result in one thing for people trying it, life long imprisonment and branding as terrorists.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, this is a shining example of world-class debate on ATS.

Step 1: Write a really loaded question

Step 2: Receive a bunch of predictable answers: of course we should just go and watch another episode of Law and Order of course we should trust and believe in our Government of course we should use votes over bullets, we do have the best elections money can buy (you see, by using weasel words in the question, you tend to get answers of strong agreement)

Step 3: Get a windfall of points and feel smug with yourself for being such a genius.

At least I do try to participate in my threads.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is one indicator if a revolution will occur in America. Are more people getting informed, learning the truth at a level they are willing to make a personal sacrifice, - then - , people are giving up, or dieing off.

If the amount of people who decide "No More" grows, then eventually there will be a revolution, before this happens, the power throws out spin and concessions to buy off a segment of people, or flips party in charge. There only goal is to keep the "No More" crowd at a manageable level.

To make change that group must grow. We must tell people, including in person, we must spread what we know, and not tolerate what we know is wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Uber, to be honest, a peaceful revolution is about as likely as winning a war with words, it's not possible. Some will say, "Well, what about the Cold War." That wasn't a war of words; there were very real threats involved in the whole scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join