It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Price Now The "Special Relationship"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Gordon Brown flies out today to meet with Bush.

There have been mixed messages coming from Downing street about the so-called special relationship between the US and UK - not necessarily from Brown, but from his office.

Will the Brown premiership signal a change in relations?

I'm pretty sure he won't be as buddy-buddy as Blair, but is he cooling on the idea that the UK and US stand together on issues of foreign policy, war on terror, Iraq etc.

And if he is, how will that affect the 2 countries?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I do not think much is gonna change, After all Brown has said that the world owes the US a debt (rolls eyes). (Wont be as close as the relationship between Blair and Bush was.

Bush only has what 18 months left in office, supposes alot can happen before then, but think brown will wait an see who the next Pres of the US will be.

As for Iraq think Brown wants them out sooner than later, remember there he will have to call an election sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As spencer stated i don't see the relationship changing at all, Brown will just try to keep Bush happy until he is shown the door and the next administration is elected, although publically he may try to make thing's look like relations are cooling a little so that he doesn't look as big a poodle as Blair did.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I thought that brown was going to stop this special relationship and jjust have a normal one, not best mates, just mates. Looks like that isnt going to happen, looks like were off to Iran with them.

Take Care, Vix

top topics

join