It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reoccurring dream setting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
do you have a place you've been to numerous times when you dream? even when the dreams in which you visit this place aren't related?

i have a place i go to sometimes when i dream that i've never even been to or seen in real life. this place is a town, a fairly large town and i've even began to start to remember my away around this town. for instance an even happened in the dream i just had and i had to go to a particular part of the town for some reason or another and i knew exactly where to go cause i had been to that part of town before in other dreams. even other buildings and streets and things in the town looked familiar.

this is pretty cool actually, if i can get myself to go here every night i can have my own little dream town to mess around in.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That is really cool! It happens more often that people have a reoccuring dream setting. Now this does not always mean something but sometimes it's interesting. (correction it's always interesting but sometimes has an extra meaning to it...lol).

Maybe a weird question but are you also a lucid dreamer (one that realises that he/she is asleep while dreaming)?

Juliet

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, my sometime dream place is a very small mining town somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. Nothing very special occurs there; boring dreams.

I'm currently trying to create another dream place. A tropical Paradise, beach, populated by topless waitresses.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks

Maybe a weird question but are you also a lucid dreamer (one that realises that he/she is asleep while dreaming)?

Juliet

juliet, i think thats a very relative question

i have lucid dreams about 2-3 nights a week

and usually the dreams that take place in this particular town are lucid

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Yes, my sometime dream place is a very small mining town somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. Nothing very special occurs there; boring dreams.

thats strange, whaaa, not the small mining town part but the boring dreams part
some of my most exciting dreams have happened in this town(good and bad)

I'm currently trying to create another dream place. A tropical Paradise, beach, populated by topless waitresses.

let me know if you have any luck then maybe you can tell me how you did it

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry for my relative question. I hope you don't mind. The reason I asked is that sometimes if you are a lucid dreamer you can find an interesting person in your reoccuring dream setting. This person is usually an older man or woman, and they can be very interesting to talk to. They seem to have some kind of huge wisdom. The explanations for this vary from a wise version of the unconsiousness of the dreamer to links to an ancient astral being. Anyhow it can be cool to try out if you can find that person in your dreamsetting.

Juliet

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Juliet, no need to apologize.

and thanks for sharing, im going to try this when i go back there. sounds interesting

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hey, P and J, why don't we all meet in my dreamtown at the bar called "Los Ojos" and Ill buy us a round of Coronas and some chichironies?

Dreams transend time and space so their should be no obstacals for our little get together. This could be the coming thing in social networking.

Bring any other of you dream pals if you feel like it, as long as they are over 21.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well im still learning how to completely control my dreams and things of that sort but i will definitely keep the name of the bar in my mind as i fall asleep

PS.
im not 21 but perhaps you can slide me a few brews

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Haha... well if the bar wouldn't be situated in the states it wouldn't have to be a problem. In the Netherlands where I live drinking low alcoholic drinks (up to 15% of alcohol) is allowed for people from 16 years and up. And since it's a dream we can do anything right?

Juliet

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As Bob Dylan once said.......

"I'll let you be in my dream, if I can be in yours"

If you see a middleaged hippie guy wearing a tan snap brim hat; that will be me.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i have recently discovered i have another dream setting i visit quite often..

lately i've been having a lot of dreams that take place in the same big mansion.

it's a really neat place and i'm positive i haven't even explored the whole place yet.

i'm also pretty sure that if i were to go outside i would find myself standing in my dream town

new topics

top topics

join