It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deathly Hallows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey can I get some people that have read The Deathly Hallows to start the discussion? If you are even a secret lover of the series or perhaps against it , I want to hear your point of views!. As I have stated before I think it was awsome and I loved it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I haven't quite got to this book yet, i started late and am currently just started reading Half Blood Prince, i should have Hallows read by the end of the weekend though. If it's as good as Order of the Phoenix and Goblet of Fire it should be pretty good.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
All i've got to say is i loved it, I'm glad i finally got around to reading the series, a little late since i didn't start until all the hype surrounding the final book started 2 weeks before it's release. All in all i'm thoroughly happy with how it ended, i might have done a couple things different, but i've never made a billion dollars off of anything i wrote so who am i to tell her how to do it differently? I look forward to a second reading of the series to pick up on some of the things i missed the first time through.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
AF thanks for your comments and joining our discussion. Ya I thought it was very well done and at the end of the day I would say she delivered. Also another thing that pleased me greatly, was the fact that it ended as all good children's books should. Even though there was a lot of great characters bumped off through out the series in general (losing the original Professor Dumbledore hurt the worst)that is just what happens in life too. I love the fact that main stream right wing fundamentalists lost the battle and the witch hunt for the banning of her books. It would have been a shame for it to have been halted. Notice the harder they fought the harder the opposition kicked in to make Harry Potter not just a series but an icon for generations to come? I wonder what other writers will feel they have the licence to continue writing books like these?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok, being that I got my copy from the Library (and waited for it) I was quite happy with how the series ended. One thing caught me more than anything...

Harry is supposedly the same age I am, (I'm 27). His parents died when he was one years old, and in the book that was Halloween 1981. So, this last book was set in 1997... and 19 years later made it. 2016... Feels weird to find that out, considering I didn't get interested in the books till 2003.

Well, enough of my little rant... found that surprising.. all this time, I thought of him as a teenager... and he's my age.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i just got the book yesterday and just finished reading the fourth or fith chapter, and im upset, hagrid is dead and hedwig is dead to im a little upset about this someone please help me and support me through this travesty.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
i think i counted seven "beings" died.
so J.K sort of lied about only two dieing.

She didn't lie about it. She said AT LEAST 2 characters die. I though it was a great book, I cried so much. I couldn't believe she killed off the characters she did.

What I find weird is that J.K had imagined Dumbledore as gay. I mean theres nothing wrong with that, though its not really surprising I always thought Dumbledore was kind of like Sir Ian Mckellen, I don't know why they didn't have him play dumbledore, he was great playing Gandalf in LOTR.....oh well

top topics

<< 1   >>

join