It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting site full of humor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I figured since I'm a web guy and I get paid much of my crazy salary to surf the web, I'll share some of these fun sites I run across now and then. In this case, the following site has been in my secret arsenal of sites for over 6 years and I've never shared it...until now.

Yes, I have huge bookmarked sites organized for reference.

Today's delight:

Lileks - www.lileks.com...

This site has so much stuff you'll spend hours. It's got the following:

• The Bleat - updated M-F. Dashed-off tripe, with links to all the ongoing updated projects. The Bleat Archives contain years of blather.
  • The Quirk - The nation's shortest newspaper column, published Monday through Saturday.
  • Matchbook of the Week - How could we live without it?
  • Curious Lucre - Interesting money from far-away places.
  • Funny Books - Weekly selections from little-known comic books of the 40s 50s and 60s.

What I like are things like:
Bathing Beauties: old newpaper photos of bathing beauties from 20s and on.
G.I. Sweethearts: a breakdown of this old comic book series from WWII.
CompuPromo: old promotional photos from bygone computer companies . This one is facinating!
The Institute of Official Cheer with specials like the Gallery of Regrettable Food, Interior Desecrations, or even the American Home Ironizer.

Then there's American Motel postcards, vintage matchbooks, old comics, and old advertisements galore.

All of this amazing stuff has witty and funny commentary by author/creator James Lileks. It's a must see website.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, ZZZ.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Pretty neat "Z"

The bad thing is that I remember some of that stuff...LOL

Used to sneak in the attic and look at my Grandpas and my uncles old magazines...

Well, that and I'm old. HAHAHAHAHA

Great site and lots of fun.

Semper

join