It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARK SKIES - what happened to that series?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi All,

I was not 100% sure where to post this, so its here. Mods, please move at will if its wrong (sorry if it is).

Anyway, I use to love this series Dark Skies by Bryce Zabel, and i think it was right on the money with the story line and the powers that be stopped it after just 1 season, such a shame as it was a cracker. Aliens, UFOs, abductions, and a secret government agency Majestic 12...hmmm a little too close to home if you aks me.

Anyone remember it ? Also i dont seem to be able to find it on DVD either.

Was there a coverup ? Was it just cancelled due to bad ratings ? I dont know.

Dark Skies

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes good series and they say that other productions such as the movie the philadelphia experiment, hanger 18, close encounters all have a basis in fact.

If you take out the hollywood lovey dovey stuff and the good guys always winning in the end there in lies the truth. Interesting that new world productions produced some of them too.

Anyway I don't think your right about the nwo or those in power cancelling the series they would have had to green light it in the first place. I am thinking it was a brief insight into historical machinations and events with the UFO slant.

Possibly another series will deal with the later or newer events still to come.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I looked into this awhile ago because I liked the series and it just ended abruptly. From what I understand is the series was actually canceled because the execs thought it was to far out for their taste and was not getting enough of a viewing audience. Thats all and good...I understand that....I mean they are in the buisness of making money. but it was bought by Sony who decided to rather than put it out on DVD; they just shelved it and that is what happened to the series. I downloaded it but the video quality is horrible. You can catch this series every once and a while on the SCI-FI channel.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes, I liked it - better than the X Files IMO. But like so much good sci fi it was cancelled after one season. The plan had been for each season to slowly bring the storyline up to the present day, with the final episode being broadcast 'real time' on 31st December 1999 ......

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
By far the best UFO conspiracy programme I have ever seen. I believe there is a lot of truth in this programme.
I remember watching this when it first aired in 1996/7 in the UK and loved it then but have watched it recently and it still holds up as a great series.
Quality.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Funny you bring this up OP. Pretty important thread, flagged

I loved that show, I don't know why it really was cancelled. I do find it interesting that Majestic 12 were the official bad guys in the series, and the actors were also spot on.

Personally I did find it way better than that crap X-Files .. Sorry to all those who loved the X-files.

If there is any show that was probably cancelled because of government debunking then I would have that it was this one.

Anyways, I wonder if they are ever gonna make another similar series. Could you imagine watching a new Hi-Def show with the same story?.. that would be F'N awesome.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ive not seen this but been hunting high and low to get my hands on this series, its nye impossible in the UK.

If anyone knows where i can get it PM me

[edit on 4-11-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
We have an entire forum dedicated to TV shows on BelowTopSecret

Moving thread there...

top topics

join