It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Pulls Out of European Arms Control Treaty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oh joy a New Cold War. Just what the world needs right now. Not ! Two points. First alot of kids and yound people today have no idea what it is like to live in the fear of the Cold War that was hanging over us from the 1950's right up to the late 1980's. I remember growing up thinking we were all going to die at some point in a Nuclear War. it was not nice. Secondly have people forgotten what the consequences of nuclear war is? Perhaps we need to show Threads again to the younger generation who have never seen it. For example i was talking to someone in the office the other day who had never heard of it. Perhaps we should send a copy to Bush and Putin to remind them of the horror of Nuclear War.

I sincerley hope these two countries can come to a peaceful soution over this and concentrate on the real enemy. Terrorism.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think were moving fast towards Cold War 2.0

Just more saber rattling because Puttin could not get his way is all I see. Kind of like a baby who keeps crying when he can not if you get my drift.

I think stumason and infinite summed this up rather well Russia while still powerful is not as big as they used to be hence no longer the same threat although Putin wants us to think he is. as mentioned if they cannot control Chezna (sp) who can they control? Certainly not NATO that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
. No, the rest of Europe has pulled out of the treaty, and the US has NEVER obeyed the rules of that treaty.

Hey stop the world I want to get off. I must have missed that news flash where everyone pulled out and want to see proof that it is true.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

if they cannot control Chezna (sp) who can they control?

Russia doesn't want to control Chechnya. They use Chechnya as training ground.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think were moving fast towards Cold War 2.0

A cold war I wouldn't mind so much, it's the looming hot war that scares the beegeebies out of me, maybe if cold way 2.0 were to rear its head then atleast the cards would be on the table.

Hope I get chance to move first, I live withing about 9 miles of the sole nuclear repair and refuelling facility for the royal navy and the largest naval base in western europe. I imagine here where I sat I would have a 50 50 chance of making it through the first strike, then a 90 % chance of dieing days later blind and lost - pleasent

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I must have missed that news flash where everyone pulled out and want to see proof that it is true.

The adapted CFE of Istanbul 1999 was ratified by four countries, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine. The West would not ratify the adapted CFE unless Russia pulled their troops out of Georgia and Moldova first. Russia is about to pull their remaining troops out of Georgia now. Russia still have troops in Transnistria, Moldova.

[edit on 2007/7/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Russia doesn't want to control Chechnya. They use Chechnya as training ground.

Of course they do or atleast some have the impression they are already in control to a point.

The killing immediately threw suspicion on the security services and the pro-Moscow Chechen forces that control Chechnya
Source

Granted this may just be lip service by the British media But as you can see someone seems to think they are already in control.

As you can see even my thoughts were wrong so who knows.?????

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Of course they do or atleast some have the impression they are already in control to a point.

I guess that Russia has as much control in Chechnya as the US has control in Iraq. Both battle grounds produce experienced soldiers, and maybe they get to test new weapons, etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Russia is about to pull their remaining troops out of Georgia now. Russia still have troops in Transnistria, Moldova.

I realize that. Yet that does not mean that

EVERYONE

has pulled out as was implied. That is why I asked for proof That ALL have pulled out.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Time to take action on Russia, santions first . . . tag them axils of evil next . . . then an invasion to stop their WMDs . . . and remember they have oil so they will be a worthy booty.

Bad, bad Russia.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Time to take action on Russia, santions first . . . tag them axils of evil next . . . then an invasion to stop their WMDs . . . and remember they have oil so they will be a worthy booty.

Bad, bad Russia.

but, marg6043, m'dear

Russia did pull out of an arms treaty.

It's not a good thing. You don't get your diplomats to send Moscow a message saying, "Congratulations! we look forward to working with you".

We should be sending our support to the democratic movement of Russia.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I think America would shut down or stop building the defense if all of a sudden theres 20 nukes pointed at us from Venezuala.Meanwhile Russia would be chilling.This may even prevent war!

Oh, I highly doubt that! Our government plays the role of the older bulley brother. They wouldn't dare stand for anyone pointing nukes at us while threatening to attack. And as much as I would like to see our current U.S. government fall (as it is no longer the constitutional government so many of our ancestors died to defend), I do not wish to be at the receiving end of nuclear fission. In no way would nuclear war benefit any single person on this planet. Our non-elected leaders need to get a grip on reality. As Freud would have said, it is a penis envy thing -- our missiles are bigger than your missiles.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
it wouldnt be russia pointing them ..... it would be venexuela.and desperate times call for deperate mesaures.who knows..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join