It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter I received from Senator Clinton regarding Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A letter I received from Senator Clinton regarding Iraq

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding Iraq . As you indicate, the situation there is very serious and is a major and constant focus of mine.

I believe that the President should abandon his escalation of the war and begin a phased redeployment of our troops out of Iraq . In late May, I voted against a second version of the supplemental appropriations bill because it failed to compel the President to give our troops a new strategy in Iraq . I fully support our troops, and wish that the President had followed the will of the American people and signed the original bill Congress sent to the White House in April, which would have both funded the troops and set us on a new course of phased redeployment.

In the Senate, I will continue to seek responsible ways to force the President to change course and begin to bring our troops home. In May, I announced that I would join with Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia in co-sponsoring legislation to set an expiration date of October 11, 2007 for the authorization for the use of force in Iraq . I believe that a full reconsideration of the terms and conditions of that authorization is overdue. This bill would do just that by requiring the President to ask Congress for a new authorization if the Administration seeks to continue the war.

www.senate.gov...

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yada yada yada!

The funny thing about Hillary is, if she had voted against the war in Iraq, she would have been a slam dunk lock for the Presidency.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good for you Alien42. If there was an 'Outta This World' award, you would get it.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Good for you....A patriot lib or RIGHT lol gets involved...While I dont agree that a vote against the war would make her the next POTUS.....a woman is not going to win for at least 2 more cycles IMHO....I do think that it says something that she is sticking to her get out strategy.

top topics

join