It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'A dead Iraqi is just another dead Iraqi... You know, so what?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

'A dead Iraqi is just another dead Iraqi... You know, so what?'

news.independent.co.uk

It is an axiom of American political life that the actions of the US military are beyond criticism. Democrats and Republicans praise the men and women in uniform at every turn. Apart from the odd bad apple at Abu Ghraib, the US military in Iraq is deemed to be doing a heroic job under trying circumstances.

That perception will take a severe knock today with the publication in The Nation magazine of a series of in-depth interviews with 50 combat veterans of the Iraq war from across the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste, to within the 500 character limit.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We are clearly doing way more harm than good. Iraq had nada to do with 9/11, terrorism has increased since the invasion and its clear we are getting nowhere. Time to do the right thing and wrap this one up. I'd like to think we've learned from this but sadly this won't be the case.

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that there's just as many soldiers that say the exact opposite thing of what this magazine is going to publish. I get the feeling there's an agenda behind this that doesn't really care about anyone in Iraq at the moment.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is not in the best interest of our nations government to make public how many deaths of Iraqis happen everyday in Iraq.

If over thousand Americans were blown away in attacks be by coalition or terrorist every month in the street of America was happening you will be very sure that the outrage will have not end.

But because we are fighting a war on terror lives are expendable specially when is happening in the other side of the globe.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
One side is as bad as the other in this war , neither really cares about innocent civilians being killed , whats pretty disturbing is the killing of civilians and planting some guns on them.....life is very cheap in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I will withhold judgement and see how many of these Veterans turn out to be fakes, its happened before and will likely happen again.

Police: Fake Vet Busted

[edit on 7/12/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I will withhold judgement ...

As will I.

I'm quite sure that, if It Served Your Purpose, you could Easily "cherry-pick" 50 Other Iraq War vets that would convey quite the opposite story of what's Actually taking place on a daily basis, as opposed to the obvious bias demonstrated in the article linked above.

While I'd be the first to say it's not all peaches and cream, I've seen and heard enough to realize that the overall contentions put forth by Chris Hedges and Laila al-Arian, in their "The Other War: Iraq Vets Bear Witness", are far from the norm they are obviously attempting to portray.

Two sides to every story, and all that ... I wonder why NOT A ONE of their "published" interviews is from an opposing or supportive view. (?)
Yeah, that's right ... can't have equal representation, now can we?

$.02

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I will withhold judgement and see how many of these Veterans turn out to be fakes, its happened before and will likely happen again

Look Im not even sure that matters. I think you could easily scape up 10 times as many as those quoted and get these answers. But you could get 1000's more that do not.

It seems that these peopel were cherry picked and the picker had a specific agenda in mind.

Im not blind to the fact that a small number of US troops have committed crimes in Iraq. But the overwhelming majority have gone there, done an excellent job under some of the most hellish circumstances you and I can ONLY begin to imagine and for that they have my eternal graditude and thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It seems to me that people don't seem to care very much, just as long as the conflict stays at arms length.

Compare the amount of replies this thread has:

Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

With this one:

U.S. says expects al Qaeda to "lash out" in Iraq

That speaks volumes to me.

[edit on 12/7/07 by Implosion]

new topics

top topics

join