It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Air Bases/Air Fields are in the Nellis Complex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Nellis Complex refers to the collection of military air bases and training ranges between Las Vegas and Tonapah an Central Nevada. As we all know this area contains a number of air bases such as Nellis AFB, Groom Lake, Creech AFB, Indian Springs AFB, and Tonapah Test Range.

Does anyone know how many air bases are actullay in this huge military complex that covers most of the desert of central Nevada?

Tim

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Doesn't necessarily detail what's within Nellis Complex borders and what's not, but here's a start...

Central Nevada airfields

Airfields, Clark County/Southern NV

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Panamint]

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Panamint]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Good Links! Thank you for the post.

When I get more time, I'll relly go over the links in detail and see what is there.

Tim

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just noticed something interesting in the link:

The website states that Tonopah Test Range must have been given it restricted airspace right after Groom Lake in sequence. TTR is marked as R-4809! R-4808 is Groom Lake/ Area 51.

Tim

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I believe Creech and Indian Springs are the same place. When I was stationed at Nellis it was Indian Springs (although it wasn't an AFB, it was technically an Air Force Auxiliary Field) and I used to have to drive up there about once a week. I was just talking with a friend that is still stationed at Nellis and she mentioned that IS was renamed Creech because it has taken on a much larger mission with the predator sqaudrons getting bigger.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevexO
I believe Creech and Indian Springs are the same place. When I was stationed at Nellis it was Indian Springs (although it wasn't an AFB, it was technically an Air Force Auxiliary Field) and I used to have to drive up there about once a week. I was just talking with a friend that is still stationed at Nellis and she mentioned that IS was renamed Creech because it has taken on a much larger mission with the predator sqaudrons getting bigger.

You got it-- IS AFAF was renamed in honor of Gen. Wilbur Creech, father of the Nellis based Thunderbirds sometime around 2005.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is a view looking east over the Nellis Range. The Sandia underground base is in the center inside the green circle. The Sandia Runway Complex (Station 9), man camp, security, cafeteria etc. is far left center, Groom Lake is in background center:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would add Basecamp airfield to the list.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
This is a view looking east over the Nellis Range. The Sandia underground base is in the center inside the green circle. The Sandia Runway Complex (Station 9), man camp, security, cafeteria etc. is far left center, Groom Lake is in background center:

John,

In addition to Groom Lake (Area 51), and Papoose Lake, this map has about two dozen things on it. In your post, you talk about Sandia and it's runway complex. If the Sandia complex counts as 1 base/facility, Groom Lake is one place, and Papoose is a single location. If my count is correct, that should be three!

Summed up you mention 3 facilities, but apper to be showing about 24. What's all the rest of this stuff?

Tim

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
They recently added the Keno airstrip. It is a dirt strip used for training.
www.lazygranch.com...

I saved the environmental report for the construction of this strip:
www.lazygranch.com...

Referring page is
www.lazygranch.com...

new topics

top topics

join