It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[it is time to restart the game] ATC Restart!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It does feel like an anticlimax after the research we had to put into first version of this game but SO did say we'd solved the game quicker than it took to put it together.
I much prefer the old style of game as you actually learnt something while trying to solve the questions. I never actually read anything in the threads in this game, I just scrolled down the page looking for errant letters.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Q - is_the_game_really_over.html

A - "Yes Dave, but I am very unhappy to have to inform you of such bad news."

Q - why_so_suddenly.html

A - "There are ...'Just a minute'. 'Just a minute'. Just a minnnnnn....

* after a brief pause, the eye seems to spring back to life, only to sing this tune *

A - "Daisy, daisy.....(finishes the rest of song)" * after which the eye had breathed it's last breathe *

[edit on 7/9/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Still no word, huh??? I dunno...seems like we kinda surprised the staff with how quickly we moved through the thing. Maybe they're all still in shock too...?...

I learned one thing, though. We are *bleep*ing awesome.

In the future, I hope they do a game more in the style of FTR. It would probably take a really, really long time to put something like that together again. It'd be a long wait, but worth it IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think that anything like the FTR game is possible, since at the current rate of expansion of ATS, the 3 amigos may not have the time to put something like that together.

Look at how long it took for them to have enough time to put this rather short game into operation.

Of course, they could always "farm out" the work involved in creating such a game.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, you're probably right Mech. That one was hella fun, though. I'd volunteer to help design a new game..... but..... then I couldn't play.

I did put the first set of letters in chronological order last night. (I was bored!) I'm not as good at lists as you are, though. I'll post it if you like....but it might not be pretty. :lo: You'd probably have to clean it up a bit.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Still no "official" reply yet eh. I don't know but it definitely feels like it's over. Where's Down at?Maybe he could tell us if he got his prize verification yet. I was really looking forward to weeks and weeks of intense searching. I guess I'll just keep checking back.

And I think one thing we all want to know is Which thread was the who owns the USA clue in. At least give us that much please.

Edited to add: I do think Mech deserves some sort of prize or reward for all his hard work in this game. He was the glue that kept it cohesive. Great work man.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Of course, they could always "farm out" the work involved in creating such a game.

As long as they don't steal any more gamers. We lost some very good players in the last round of Mod promotions.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well exec, changes happen anyway I guess. There were also several members that expressed great interest in getting this game restarted, but once the game WAS restarted, they were no where to be found.

Real life happens for some people I guess. (I'm not one of those, obviously -
)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
(I'm not one of those, obviously -
)

And it's a good job for us mate coz without your meticulous lists we wouldn't have had a clue where we were up to.

Edited to add
As for the missing gamers, maybe they didn't realise it had started.
Let's face it , it was over before it had really begun. either that or they were waiting on the sidelines for the real game to start (bad move if that's the case).

[edit on 9/7/07 by executioner]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
And it's a good job for us mate coz without your meticulous lists we wouldn't have had a clue where we were up to.

Amen!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I almost gave up on updating those lists mid-game, due to all the complaining that seemed to be going on re the lists.

"this wasn't added" or "you missed this one" etc., etc.,...

They have no idea how much time it took me to find some of the exact posts, as some members were only linking to threads (page 1) and not posts.

But I persevered and finally came to terms with it more, or less.

Also, I think that some members failed to see that I was making corrections to the lists continuously, when I noticed errors myself.

Well I enjoyed it for the most part, and believe I would do it again.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void
In the future, I hope they do a game more in the style of FTR. It would probably take a really, really long time to put something like that together again. It'd be a long wait, but worth it IMO.

That game wore me slap out. I havent been able to focus on any single game ever since. It just took it all outta me, that one did.

Congrats to the winner of this, whoever it was.

(assuming it has ended of course)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
That game wore me slap out. I havent been able to focus on any single game ever since. It just took it all outta me, that one did.

I can imgaine!!!! It can't be easy being the first ever CoE! Do you still have your ring?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Still got it, and wear it proudly.

I really enjoy ID too, and love tweaking it and making it the best site I can make it for our visitors.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void
Still no word, huh??? I dunno...seems like we kinda surprised the staff with how quickly we moved through the thing. Maybe they're all still in shock too...?...

Yeah, we destroyed this thing. Good job, all. I enjoyed it. Mech, thanks for all your hard work. Shane, thanks for finding so many answers.

/tn.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok,here is the latest news...

I have received final confirmation that I won the Domains by solving the final clue, I am at the moment giving S.O. my personal information so he can transfer the domains into my name.

I surely could not have done it without everyones contributions, if I could give you all something for your efforts I would not hesitate.

You guys ROCK! Hopefully I will see you all on the next one.

Oh, and if you ever get bored, ( not likely
) come visit us over at ID.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by downintheupside]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I guess that makes it final, the game is over.

Congratulations are in order, I suppose. (and well deserved, you were right on top of things)

I think all in all we were just a half-step behind each of their efforts in placing hints ("it is time to start the game" and "you were already told what to say to the eye") , and changing the game site.

I was really expecting it to be more like the previous version of this game though.

1. No intermediate prizes.
2. No assurance of inbound hits to those domains (save for the few links still remaining out the on the interweb)
3. As was stated before, nothing really learned along the way, just skimming pages for the letters, spaces and punctuation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, it was a good game, just not what I had become accustomed to. Maybe we all just got spoiled in a sense, by the past recent games. ( FATE, ATUFOA, and the previous ATC)

[edit on 7/9/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nice job, downintheupside.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well, I guess that's it then.

Congratulations downintheupside! You are the worthy one. *bows* Any ideas on what you're gonna do with the ATC site?

Guess I can get back to my social life now. All my friends are mad at me.

It's been a hell of a lot of fun, guys.
Trust me, we're gonna kill the next game too!

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join