It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Edit: in fact, its like that throughout the European Union from what im reading:

www.igf.min-financas.pt...
That is only about the homolgation of an engine or vehicle regarding their gas emissions.

In Portugal you can change a car and present it to homolgation, if it passes then it gets its licence. The changes can be anything that makes the car a different car from what the manufacturer originally made, it applies to the engine as to any other parts of the vehicle, you can be fined for using a different type of tire from what the vehicle licence says.

As for Steorn, well, lets wait some more, if we waited all this time we can wait some longer, right?

PS: are you Portuguese?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
supposedly, this guy has proved Steorn is right:
part1: youtube.com...
part2: youtube.com...

I don't know what to make of it...

[edit on 5-7-2007 by curiousbeliever]

These seem to have been removed. Joining the topic rather late, but is there any update on the press release? It's now been almost a month since they said it would be, and if it is the camera lights as they say, they can't be smart enough to produce the impossible if they can't turn off a light switch.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've also tossed this idea around... despite what I have been told/know about thermodynamics... and that pesky 1st law!

I think the first time I heard about something like this was here:

jnaudin.free.fr...

This was years ago and I am still waiting to see it for myself!
I would love to be able to get off the grid!!!
But I have to be pretty skeptical... if it sounds too good to be true... ya know!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah im Portuguese, and I can read distinctly on that finances page that vehicules must be tested, once a model is approved you cannot change it in any way, it´s illegal.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am also Portuguese, that is why I asked.
(Mais um para a minha lista
)

I didn't read all the page, but from what I see it looks like those specifications are for the car makers, not the owners.

From what I know, some years ago you could do all the changes that you wanted to a car and, if the changes were considered too big you should present the car to homolgation. If that part of the law is the same then the changes are legal if not made by the manufacturer and if the person who made them presents the new version of the car to homolgation.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Originally posted by curiousbeliever
supposedly, this guy has proved Steorn is right:
part1: youtube.com...
part2: youtube.com...

I don't know what to make of it...

[edit on 5-7-2007 by curiousbeliever]

I think those videos were done by a user name Pcockriel, labelled steorn exposed. In one experiment he gets a steel ball rotating perpetually over a magnet which is half covered by copper. The ball was suspended in a glass beaker filled with water. This user came to the ou site to talk about his videos, and the suddenly disappeared, and removed all his videos. He claimed his utube account was deleted, then put his videos back up, and after that we never heard from him again.

In his first experiment he stated the hollow iron ball stopped after a couple days from being magnetized, so it wasn't perpetual, but still very interesting seeing the ball spin like that. He also had some other very interesting experiments, which had to do with perpetual motion. I wish I saved those videos.. I think he those ideas within the video lead to other ideas which he didn't want to share, so he took them down. He hasn't posted on that site since his videos were down.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally by Avery:
TextI have to agree with forsaken, those lights are very powerful, if youve never been around photography lighting or film production equipment you may be inclined to debate this, but anyone whom has had regular dealings with these forms of lights know how merciless they can be
I originally thought the light interference was an on the spot/ tentative explanation. If the "Big Boys" wanted that FE machine to stop turning or fail I'm sure they could have set up some kind of undetectable interference to embarass Stoern.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Originally by Avery:
TextI have to agree with forsaken, those lights are very powerful, if youve never been around photography lighting or film production equipment you may be inclined to debate this, but anyone whom has had regular dealings with these forms of lights know how merciless they can be
I originally thought the light interference was an on the spot/ tentative explanation. If the "Big Boys" wanted that FE machine to stop turning or fail I'm sure they could have set up some kind of undetectable interference to embarass Stoern.

For Christ's sake, we are bringing in demons and humours again here.

This is nothing more than an excellent con-man who was betrayed by his own success. They could not deliver on the demo - because it never worked in the first place!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

By forsaken:
we are bringing in demons and humours again here.
My appologies forsaken. Didn't realize the skeptics had won on this issue! Your right the demons probably did stop the machine. Poor Stoern couldn't even make a fake engine operate for the public! Now that is an embarrassment!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
This is nothing more than an excellent con-man who was betrayed by his own success. They could not deliver on the demo - because it never worked in the first place!

And the fact that their website is still up and running just continues the con-ball rolling.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So they didn't get it running? (Just checking back after quite some time..) Goddammit. I'll have to figure another way to pay my electricity bill....

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
thought I'd bring this thread back, as this company STE0RN are doing another talk in Dublin at DIT, and there is going to be a world tour of talks.

It looks to me like they are gearing up to the big show

Steorn talk is the page that show's some information, on their website, but not much.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I was an early follower of the Steorn story. When the demonstration imploded I, like most, expected some sort of explanation and a re-do. Nothing. Even their website is devoid of any 'news' since last October. Really? Who would possibly want to engage in a 'talkj' with them after the way they handled the deonstration fiasco. Do they have even one scintilla of credibility left at this point?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join