It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have no idea about the science and physics involved here, but thought this was pretty cool...

Free Energy Machine Demonstrated

Does this mean that we've actually created a perpetual motion machine?

Silicon Republic weighs in on it here.

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I guess the "on-line demonstration" is supposed to start at 6:00 tonight.
I'll have to take a look at that.

If this is the real deal, the next few years will be very interesting.
That's a real big "if", though.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well....what a nail biting suspense !

You can watch it live here -
www.astream.com...
(I just checked and it was not live yet)

More news:
www.siliconrepublic.com...
www.rte.ie...

StreonTracker's blog:
freeenergytracker.blogspot.com...

Edit:
You'll need Internet explorer to view it. Its using windows media player (.asx format) to stream the video.
Even Firefox won't work here.

Right now they are showing a test feed, and she says the same things again and again.....looped I guess (hint hint ;-))

[edit on 4/7/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
that looks interesting. I have thought about how to make one of these many a times. Would benefit everyone but.. allot of people would lose money and it could cause chaos.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
RockSolidBrain, solid job following up on this story. Keep me posted, I'm on a Mac, and thus can't watch the stream.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The ramifications of this device is ground breaking. If its perpetual output can be validated by not only observers in the Kinetica museum in London but the entire world...that's like an alien spaceship landing directly on the front lawn of the white house, knocking at the door. Remember where you are when this happens folks, it could be the dissolution of many fossil fuel based companies and the true start of a more earth conscious one.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by Simulacra]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Webcast starts at 18:00 EST (22:00 GMT) / 23:00 London Time (BST)

www.steorn.com/orbo/demo/demo.html

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To all those trying to view the machine but the camera link doesnt work: Here is a direct link to camera 4. It seems as if its only placeholder data for now but its working. astream.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This has just appeared on the www.steorn.com site:

"Due to technical difficulties we will now be live from the 5th July."

Looks like they are having difficulties with the web-stream.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So, do you think it's a technical difficulty or is it a "dog ate my homework" in the making?

"The government agents showed up and took the model"

"We had it but it vanished from the museum before the demo"

"The secret plans were swiped by men in black"

I'll be really quite disappointed if it's TDAMH. I'd rather it just not work if it's going to be a publicity stunt.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Actually, I just think it's the stream, the demo will still go on. For those curious, here is a picture of the object, so we know it exists...

Important Topic Updates
I stand corrected...Engadget says "Jeebus, what a non-event. Even though they wield supreme control over the laws of physics, Steorn had to cancel tonight's event "due to technical difficulties." We'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetically tragic. The live stream is now rescheduled ambiguously to the 5th July. Now move along folks, there's nothing to see here."

[edit on 4-7-2007 by The Big O] extra DIV

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Technical difficulties = Suddenly realizing that what they're doing is impossible.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well....

Just when the whole internet was buzzing with this news, the show fell on its nose.
What an embarrassment for steorn. Lets hope they get their feed up tomorrow. Right now all we have is some pics of the museum where the demo is arranged. Here we go:

Originally posted by The Big O
RockSolidBrain, solid job following up on this story. Keep me posted, I'm on a Mac, and thus can't watch the stream.

No worries, if the orbo thingy works it will be all over the newspapers, net and youtube for all to behold or you can install the VLC media player, it has all codecs built in, perhaps it will work.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I had the VLC player for Mac for a while, but I guess the version I was using was pretty buggy because it'd lock up and on occasion cause a kernel panic.

However, that was over a year ago and I hear the newer version is miles ahead.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I really feel for the Steorn mob though.

I've done a lot of technical demos, from Comdex to arms shows, and they never, ever go the way you think.

We used to say that you can't start "demonstration" without "demons".

Somewhere in the heart of London, some guy is chowing down on Pepcid and sweating buckets while he tries to figure out why it worked back at the lab but won't work in the museum.

What he doesn't know is, the CIA swapped out some of the magnets for slugs, so the demonstration would fail.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ok no use then, but I edited the above post with a link to VLC for mac while you were posting.
I'll try to record some of the feed and post it here, IF it happens. (Ya, thats a big if.
)

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If this is true, then yeah a lot of people in the oil industry will loose their jobs. but to offset that, the standard of living will be much higher. people in poverty will be living rich with free energy. Imagine using free energy for agriculture to increase the world's food supply to feed all 6.5 billion of us. It will change our lives if this is true and I think it will change our lives in a good way.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbelieverIt will change our lives if this is true and I think it will change our lives in a good way.

True, but think of the flip side.

We've got twenty patents we'll be writing for military applications before the museum closes, if it actually turns out to look like it's working.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Not to mention all the new jobs created by a brand new industry. Sure, oil and gas will see a hit, but it's not like that will be over night. If the energy companies are smart, they'll bid that butts off to get the rights to license this thing and diversify their portfolio. I

mean, there is no reason for fossil fuels to go out overnight, as I'm sure it would take a few decades before this stuff could be used everywhere. Fossil fuels will still have their place.

However, imagine if electric cars could get their green charges from this? Seriously...man, infinite torque vehicles everywhere!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So, do you think it's a technical difficulty or is it a "dog ate my homework" in the making?

"The government agents showed up and took the model"

"We had it but it vanished from the museum before the demo"

"The secret plans were swiped by men in black"

I'll be really quite disappointed if it's TDAMH. I'd rather it just not work if it's going to be a publicity stunt.

Or " one of our engineering staff is responsible for misleading us and has been perpetuating a hoax "

Is there anyone that will be in the area to witness the demonstration if or when the it actually takes place?

Edit: by "anyone" I mean anyone that post here on ATS

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Heckman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join