It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Resignation Mr President" MSNBC Commentary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

Orally is kinda like Morton Downey, Jr w/out the cigarettes.

Bingo. And at least Morton Downey didn't take himself seriously. He paved the way for the talk show parodies like Jerry Springer and Nighstand with Tim Stack. O'Lielly actually believes the bile he spews on his show. People actually buy his books and 'Factor' swag he's always hawking on his show when he begs sheeple to visit his website.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
WOW!

Out of all of the rants against GW, this one takes the cake. He really said it exactly like it is. What do you think GW would say or think if he actually saw that clip? KO was right, if he had one iota of patriotism at all, he and his buddy would do what Nixon did and get out to save face. But who knows, maybe its all just a silly little game to them.

I am glad that I was alerted to this, as my Comcast cable told me that it now costs extra to get MSNBC. Isnt that some BS

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That was quite possibly the most gratifying 10 minutes I've spent viewing anything political on ATS. I'm afraid though that this will mainly be viewed and taken to heart by a primarily international audience rather than the American public. It will probably further strengthen a hatred for America elsewhere; I can only hope the right people in power see it and are likewise enlightened.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Perhaps some of you will wait to view the end of this experiment we call democracy.

There was no need for the USA to "experiment" with Democracy because history shows that every Democracy leads to Tyranny. The Classical Greek Era was one exception to that because they were invaded by foreigners before their Democracy could sink that low...But it was already well on the way when the invasion happened.

And it looks as if the whole world has been watching this Democracy sinking into Tyranny already...I may be wrong, but I think the USA has set a historical record on how fast it's Democracy has been sinking.

Every Government Official who claimed to be supporting a Democracy has been in Breech of Constitutional Oath...Because the Constitution demands a Republican form of Government. The USA should never have been a Democracy in the first place & it's already way past time that the Government learns to adhere to their Constitutional Oath.

Originally posted by RRconservative
Who is this guy to call for the resignation of President Bush? If you translate viewers to approval ratings, Bush is doing alot better than Olbermann.

Why do you even pay attention to "approval ratings" (which are nothing more than what mass media is allowed to tell you)...

Originally posted by undo
I bet the ratings are rigged, too.
Easy propaganda tool, you know?

...when the Office Holders ignore their legally-binding Oath to obey the Constitution is what really counts? If Olberman is telling the truth, then what matter is it what party he's with? Look at their political histories, their voting records (if they actually vote on issues), their honesty & integrity (to not accept corporate money in exchange for "special considerations"). If any candidate fails to show any of these traits, then they don't deserve any Government Office...period.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
If you see no wrong in what they do, perhaps you are more like them than we assumed.

If you really want to take a look at candidates & their political histories (as I mentioned above), I'd say that Ron Paul deserves a look...At least he's never voted for anything unless it's been allowed by the Constitutuion. Even though the other candidates have been trying to knock him out of the race to the Primaries, he's still going strong with the truth behind him.

Originally posted by zeeon
...and every republican I knew (including myself) are voting democratic in the next election.

Same mistake that too many people keep making...Don't vote by Party, vote for the right person! Sticking to "party voting" is what keeps The People easily divided for the conquering. I wish more people would do what I do, come time for voting...I've voted the same way ever since I turned 18 & I've voted the same for nearly 30 years!

If the right person isn't on the ticket, vote "No Confidence." In nearly 30 years, I've never seen any reason to alter my vote, because neither party wants the right person to even get into the election! Until I got to ATS back in 2002, I thought I was the only one who actually used my own mind when I went to the voting booths! I thank ATS for proving me wrong, because my voting experience had been sooo lonely!

Don't listen to the polls, don't listen to the media-hype over any single candidate, don't just pull the "party lever" & don't even listen to me either!...Dig for the facts, dig for the truth that sits behind every candidate, then listen to your reasoning & your instincts. Let's try to make Common Sense appear a bit more "common" among the population!

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Who is he to call for Bush's resignation?
He is an American citizen(and thats all one need be).

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

After all is said & done, what really counts is the Constitution. Why? Because it represents the Peoples' "employment contract" for hiring their Goverment Officials! If you were in charge of a business & based employment upon a standard contract for your employees, what would you do if they constantly broke their side of that contract? You'd fire
them, of course!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
That was quite possibly the most gratifying 10 minutes I've spent viewing anything political on ATS.

My only hope is that SOMEONE GRAB THE VIDEO and SHARE it on Youtube..
it is a CLARION CALL a call to ARMS to those who would pick up a phone a pen or a placard in defense of this Country and its Constitution...It is an articulate intelligent call for all of us to tell these people NO MORE

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Okay everyone- I'm done! I'm a concerned citizen and mother (of a beautiful, future inheritant of this earth), so my media savy isn't all that great, considering my lack of time. I have no clue 'who' this guy is politically (in referrence to the OP link). Frankly, I distrusted him simply because he is a 'media man' (which isnt good to assume either, but I'm working on that), and 2 minutes into the thread you guys start batteling his credibility
Seriously, if I wanted to hear this junk, I'd watch main stream news. Whats the deal?

I have no agenda, or motive for anything but my personal quest for the truth. If any member seriously wants to state that this guy is a 'looney', manipulative, the devil...Fine. But if you're going to state this openly could you at least give me one way/source/information to back up your claims. If not, then you're just wasting more time...or is that the point? Waste our time 'arguing' to deaf ears instead of looking at the real issue?

I'm also done with the defeatist attitude 'we all' (myself included) appear to have towards the general public as well as our government! I watched that clip and immediately e-mailed over 20 people (friends/family/acquiatances), just to spread the word before even reading or commenting.
Honestly its to the point now where I am threatening them not to disregard the message, by asking them if they would take 'ten minutes' to help insure my daughters future! Yeah, it's sad and it sucks that it has come to that, but what should I do, give up?
If you speak loud enough, other people do hear you!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
! I watched that clip and immediately e-mailed over 20 people (friends/family/acquiatances), just to spread the word before even reading or commenting.
Honestly its to the point now where I am threatening them not to disregard the message, by asking them if they would take 'ten minutes' to help insure my daughters future! Yeah, it's sad and it sucks that it has come to that, but what should I do, give up?
If you speak loud enough, other people do hear you!

Thank you.Thank You Thank You...spread the word...like links in a chain..we have all been reminded and spoken for now its time to take some action write or phone spread the word and keep on beating the drums until the listen and resign or some one files an IMPEACHMENT ARTICLE that results in the REMOVAL of this president and his erstwhile cronies. THANK YOU YOU DID SOMETHING if we all do that ..WE stand a chance..not a big one just one...chance to get what needs to be done DONE.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Midnight destroyer

Originally posted by zeeon
...and every republican I knew (including myself) are voting democratic in the next election.

Same mistake that too many people keep making...Don't vote by Party, vote for the right person! Sticking to "party voting" is what keeps The People easily divided for the conquering.

Thank you Midnight, yet again!- Your post was up after i made my last post, so it was a breath of fresh air!
And, funny thing Zeeon, Alot of the 'Democrats' (which again, simply by defining democrats draws the outline of the division line) I know, including myself (only because I often agree with this group, but I am registered independant) are switching their registered 'party' over to Republican. Seems oxymoronic, does it? Just visit the link to republican candidate Ron Paul that Midnightdestroyer provided above. I think it will all make sense then, he may be our last hope!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stanley06
My only hope is that SOMEONE GRAB THE VIDEO and SHARE it on Youtube..

Ask and you shall receive...

[edit on 7/5/07 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thank you now get posting via blogs emails and web..this matters thank you!

mod edit: Please do not quote the entire previous post (especially video links
)

[edit on 7/5/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I agree with it all apart from the resign part,he like blair doesnt deserve that right.
Their dirty little lies and the death toll that comes with that is enough in my mind for them to be arrested.They seem to be above the law?

Why cant all you wonderfull people across the pond say enough is enough and march to the White house and drag that boozing drug addict chimp lookalike out by his short and curlies and replace him with someone who respects life-no matter their faith or colour of skin

As the unlected worlds policeman and forced debt collector,you need someone with compassion

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
OK, Let me get this straight, Libby, who was not the source of the leak, is found guilty of lying to a grand jury about a two year old telephone conversation.

The leak itself wasn't illegal. So Libby is trying to remember a conversation about an activity that was not illegal.

Libby is convicted and sentenced to thirty months in prison, fined a quarter-million dollars, and a felony conviction which ends his government career.

On the other hand, Sandy Berger pleads GUILTY to stealing classified documents about 9/11. He is fined fifty thousand dollars, 100 hours of community service instead of jail time, and get his security clearance temporarily suspended.

Makes perfect sense.... NOT!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
I agree with it all apart from the resign part,he like blair doesnt deserve that right.
Their dirty little lies and the death toll that comes with that is enough in my mind for them to be arrested...
...Why cant all you wonderfull people across the pond say enough is enough and march to the White house and drag that boozing drug addict chimp lookalike out by his short and curlies and replace him...

Hmmm...I seem to have hit upon a new idea recently that goes along that line of thinking.
At another thread that talks about the illegal alien holding a protest against her arrest (by claiming sanctuary in Church), I wrote an exchange of replies that went like this:

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by groingrinder
If the government is afraid to go into the church and haul this person out, then concerned citizens should go in, bring her out and hand her over. Why hasn't this been done yet?

Perhaps the perfectly-legal option of "Citizens' Arrest" has either not been brought to the media's attention...Or this option has been actively suppressed by the media.

Originally posted by Shadowflux
One of the biggest problems is the government itself.

In fact, why not use that same legal option of Citizens' Arrest on the crooks in Government?

Right after that, TheBorg said that he was going to start researching the legal technicalities about this...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

MidnightDstroyer
Right after that, TheBorg said that he was going to start researching the legal technicalities about this...

Alright!!!
This is why I love ATS! Please keep us informed. I'd really like to know the legality of this issue, because 'banging on the door' has crossed my mind more than a couple times!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
While listening to Keith Olbermann's commentary, I was particularly intrigued by his mention of James Madison's view of "impeaching any president who pardoned or sheltered those who had committed crimes “advised by” that president…"

Keith Olbermann's statement is made in this context:

Were there any remaining lingering doubt otherwise, or any remaining lingering hope, it ended yesterday when Mr. Bush commuted the prison sentence of one of his own staffers.

Did so even before the appeals process was complete…

Did so without as much as a courtesy consultation with the Department of Justice…

Did so despite what James Madison –at the Constitutional Convention — said about impeaching any president who pardoned or sheltered those who had committed crimes “advised by” that president…

Did so without the slightest concern that even the most detached of citizens must look at the chain of events and wonder:

To what degree was Mr. Libby told: break the law however you wish — the President will keep you out of prison?

In that moment, Mr. Bush, you broke that fundamental compact between yourself and the majority of this nation’s citizens — the ones who did not cast votes for you.

In that moment, Mr. Bush, you ceased to be the President of the United States.

In that moment, Mr. Bush, you became merely the President… of a rabid and irresponsible corner of the Republican Party.

In my efforts to read more about James Madison's view on impeachment, I stumbled upon an equally riveting speech made by Barbara Jordan, in 1974 as a member of the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate Era.

Barbara Jordan: Statement on the Articles of Impeachment

At this point, I would like to juxtapose a few of the impeachment criteria with some of the actions the President has engaged in. Impeachment criteria: James Madison, from the Virginia ratification convention. "If the President be connected in any suspicious manner with any person and there be grounds to believe that he will shelter him, he may be impeached."

I strongly urge you to listen to the audio of her speech. It is equally riveting...and is as relevant today, as it was then.

( Here is another audio link to her speech. )

Dan Froomkin, a columnist for the Washington Post, provides and excellent history lesson on the Founding Father's view on the subject of pardons and impeachment. He writes:

According to a Judiciary Committee report drafted in the aftermath of the Watergate crisis: "In the [Constitutional] convention George Mason argued that the President might use his pardoning power to 'pardon crimes which were advised by himself' or, before indictment or conviction, 'to stop inquiry and prevent detection.' James Madison responded:

"[I]f the President be connected, in any suspicious manner, with any person, and there be grounds [to] believe he will shelter him, the House of Representatives can impeach him; they can remove him if found guilty. . . .

"Madison went on to [say] contrary to his position in the Philadelphia convention, that the President could be suspended when suspected, and his powers would devolve on the Vice President, who could likewise be suspended until impeached and convicted, if he were also suspected."

Link.

An outstanding read, and well worth the time.

It may be that the President ( and all his men
) are ideologically and ethically rudderless, but it is my hope that 'We the People' are not.

Wake up America, our Nation needs us.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Outstanding thread!

Makes one wonder why this congress isnt taking any action immediatly to get these people out of the White House. It only proves to me that THEY are in on the whole thing and Pelosi is a bigger jerk than Bush et al.

How sad. We have no government for the people- in any form.

I have been saying for years this government is all an "illusion" to make it appear that we still have one, and continues to be what our forefathers set it up to be.

I suppose as long as there is no bj involved, we wont impeach Bush.

Get the louse out of the White HOuse NOW. Darn it. This is so frustrating.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Loam, your post was amazing. The speech is so relevant to todays policies. Two thumbs. I really think it's about to go down.

You really should call or forward this to NBC.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
One of the most important 10 minutes for all concerned citizens right now. Thanks for the YouTube linky. I never do mass emailings, but this one is an exception.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Incredible!!!!!!

Somebody had the cojones to tell the president on the media to resign?

I wonder when he will be fired from the news.

Will Bush pardon him if he gets fire?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
One of the most important 10 minutes for all concerned citizens right now. Thanks for the YouTube linky. I never do mass emailings, but this one is an exception.

Thank you..58 people out of all of us bothered to watch and respond to this
24 thought Olbermans video was worth flagging. One thought the video was worth forwarding to 20 people.. and ONE person is all its going to take to stop Bush one person at a time PASS THE VIDEO LINK ON and keep passing it until people start writing, and calling their elected representative and tell them WHAT WE THE PEOPLE want them to do... Impeach, Charge, Arrest, Remove, Try, Sentence.
youtube.com...

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Stanley06]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join