It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: Introducing Justin Oldham

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
For those who don't know, I actualy do a half hour political roundup on a small radio station. "Community Focus with Fern Crossley," on WAKK 940 AM out of Missippi. I've been doing it for 16 months now, so I've got some expereince with a short news and opinion format.

That explains alot
I was thinking. My God this guys a natural!! He should have his own radio show......he does
So did you have to practice the sweet delivery or did it just come natural to you?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I understand your point, but I really wish that people wouldn't get hung up on what they sound like.

If I'm OK speaking with my rich and slow southern drawl, no one else should have any problem with what they might sound like.

It's the message that's important, not the accent of the messenger.

Love and light my friends,

[edit on 29-6-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, mrwupy, as a post-arkansan (lived there in Batesville for 16 years), I can attest to the southern drawl part. Fortunately I came back to my home-state (WA), and am happier than I've been in a while.

My southern drawl still pops up once in a while, but most people up here already talk like me anyway, since a good number of Arkansans are moving up here. It's funny, in the greater Seattle area, to hear so many people with Southern drawls. It's kind of indicative of the times. It's been a fun ride though. Can't wait to see what's next.

Oh, and as for podcasting... don't count me out yet. Never said that I WOULDN'T post one. Just warning of my terrible voice. I sound kinda like a mouse on a bad day. Fortunately for me, it's getting deeper. Good God, I gotta stop whining now!! LOL!!

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
UPDATE: I have several five minute pieces in the works just now, so you'll hear from me soon. In the mean time, I am glad to see more people jumping in to the podcasting thing. This is a capability that we need to have, as an online community. As we get more podcasters, I am hopeful that Dave and Johnny's plan for ATS Mix will succeed.

Maybe i am too serious for my own good, but I just don't see myself as doing the funny schtick that they want. Even so, I am willing to do my part, and I hope that the rest of you will.

I'll be back in 48 hours with more material.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Keep 'em coming.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm trying to develop some material with a little more production value. Here's my first attempt. It's a movie review, with a podcast that contains other thoughts I had on the matter. Some of the people who want me on their radio shows ask for show notes. that's how I got the idea to mate these two technologies together. Text and podcast seem like they can go together, so here....we go.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 2)

The future of platforms like ATS

length: 05:06
file: atscpod_2378.mp3
size: 599k
feed:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Very good, I'm downloading one more right now.
Just a word, turn up the volume maybe? Maybe throw in some music, for flavor?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm recording at max gain on 16kb. That's the only way I can keep the file size down. I'm avoiding the use of sound effects and background music so that Dave and Johnny can use this stuff any way they like, if things get sthat far. Thanks for the suggestions. Please drop me a u2 if there's anything you want me to talk about.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've gotten enough u2 traffic to convince me to take a shot at a roundup, or the week in review. I'd like to focus mostly on the stories that ATS members have posted about, while adding thoughts of my own. I'll do a test run and see awhat a 20 minute item looks like. Bear in mind that this is just an experiment. If it flies, good. If not, there's no harm. Your input is welcome.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Justin, I found your podcast to be very well done and directly on target. I will look forward each week with bated, or at least semi-bated, breath. As far as the phrase of "They serve us or we serve them", I think you have encapulated the whole ideal behind what we are all (hopefully)tyring to accomplish. We just need to work hard so that "we get the bear" and not the other way around.

Great podcast. One suggestion though, you might try to find a "theme" song to use as a lead in and out; otherwise it was perfect.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A theme song? Really. Let me see what I can do. In the mean time, if here's anyting yould like me to talk about, drop me a note. ATS upload is offline just now, but I am making and holding recordings until I can send 'em in.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 3)

Reply to Justin Oldham with my views and comments

length: 06:09
file: atscpod_2410.mp3
size: 5758k
feed:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello Freedom, I look forward to playing your piece. How did you upload that? Even after a few refreshes, I still can't see an operational upload window. I'm sure their band width is being eaten by everyone listening to the ATS Mix. Poor me is on dial up. I'll come back to this later. Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Justin,

Uploaded via my wireless connection at home. Looks like about 3 minutes to download via broadband, I just downloaded it to check.

Once I get on the other computer, I should see it via iTunes as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've been going to this link and using the upload menu thing on the right, which appears to be offline.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I see it, it says:

access error: www.abovetopsecret.com... -

That's why I can't upload new material.

I'm on dialup, so I have to wait until night time for me to get enough bandwith to download podcasts over two megs. Yours is five and change. I hope to hear it tonight. I'm new to all this, so please forgive my slow.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I've been going to this link and using the upload menu thing on the right, which appears to be offline.

When I see it, it says:

access error
That's why I can't upload new material.

This is frustrating; I finally complete my very first ATS podcast and when I try to upload it, I get an error message that my mp3 file is not supported. So, I guess there's something wrong with the servers. Or am I just "doing it wrong"?
...and I am on high speed broadband; I get the upload window and everything seems to work fine until I hot the upload button, then...about 20 minutes later,:yawn: I get the error message.

Anyway, If I ever get the freakin' thing uploaded I'll let you know. Hope mine is half as well received as yours, Justin.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
[edit on 12-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Let's be patient. I'm sure they turned offthe upload to allow more bandwidth for the ATS Mix. I'd like to encourage you all to keep working on your podcasts. I've got several saved up for this discussion.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Anyway, Justin, i think you're a nice man.
[edit on 27-6-2007 by dgtempe]

Nice job on your first podcast! I've been watching how you handle yourself and I must say most impressive! Fearless, yet dimplomatic. Personally, I always fall apart and start attacking someone way before you even pretend to tolerate some idiot (no one in particular
). You make ATS alot of fun! BRAVO to Mr. Oldham!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join