It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Games | Beginners Guide & FAQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok, so I know the title makes it sound like I'm gonna drop a nice post explaining and detailing how the ATS games work.

But in reality, I AM CLUELESS!!

I figure the collection of responses I get from this will validate the title, and anyone curious about the games can come in here and learn like I plan to.

What are ATS Games?
Are there any rules?
How many winners can there be?
Are there prizes for winning?
How do we find a game to play?
Is there a game available now?

So, who wants to start?

[edit on 6/21/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ahem, WELL . . .

Uhh, there is actually a game that's kinda on. It was started months ago and was really really good, but the admin suddenly stopped it, and now us poor members can't seem to get it going again

Rules are usually stated in the game (somewhere), and to give you an idea of what an ATS game would be like, a few of the steps in the game itself would be for the sole purpose of finding out what the rules actually are. Ya, they sometimes do send you crazy

Prizes can include anything from comfy couches to mustache hair to web domains, plus other things that simple go beyond all imagination. Usually you would only find one winner, but it kinda really depends on the game. And I simply have no idea how to find these games. Refresh this forum group home page every minute to see if someone has posted a link to a suspicious, possibly ATS-Game related website, or sit in chat and pounce on anything someone mentions that would at all be related to a game. Both methods work.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Clear as mud.

I kinda got the impression that the games had kinda been on the back-burner. And I am still kinda curious about how they work. So you just wait around for something suspicious and pounce on it? Is it like a internet scavenger hunt? 20 Questions? Message Board Scrabble??

Thanks for trying to explain the unexplainable to me!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Game play varies heaps. Here's a few lines from the Tinwiki article on the 'current' game.

Participants can enter an answer in the form of a website address in the URL bar, which may or may not take them to the next question, depending on whether the address is correct or not. If it is incorrect, they will get a page showing an eye with "That is not what the eye wants" beneath it.

As the "[input].html" graphic at the top of the initial page suggests, users should enter the original "www.alltheconspiracies.org/" web address, as well as an unformatted version - no capital letters or spaces - of their answer, followed immediately by ".html", an example being "www.alltheconspiracies.org/theleaningtowerofpisa.html".

The questions can be about anything. A complete list with answers is on that Tinwiki page, but examples include 'Tell me what was a sign representing a sanitized dossier?' or 'Ally to Allies - millions - keelhauled.'

I can remember another game where members with names such as ich, isp and zadbmal would come on and post riddles in random threads all over the forum, e.g.

torture in the prison

Your minds will be like clay as your media controls your reactions to a horrible event.

APR 2004
SHAME, OUTRAGE, INDIGNATION, AND COVER UP AS YOU TORTURE YOUR FOE.
The international tide turns against you, beginning at this moment.

Find me, when I return. Do not reply

Codswallop like that was posted everywhere. All sorts of clues and leads and dead ends were hidden throughout. Keyboard patterns, ordered birthdays and whatever else was thrown in for good measure. It was all quite confusing.

The mystery of trying to figure out what it all means makes up most of the fun. But every game is totally different, with different gameplay and interfaces and whatnot.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
the games are ATS sponsored, with prizes, and the content is found within the site or the site discusses the content (ufos, conspiracies etc).

The most recent game came to a grinding halt because the folks playing got stuck on a question (white china anyone?). This might be a lack of intelligence and patient researching on the players's side or a result of the folks who wrote the questions being gov't agents out to melt our minds.

Incidentally, Crakeur still loves sitting in his sumo lounge, fondly remembering the ufo questions and how he couldn't figure out how to confirm the grand prize for 40 or so minutes before someone else got the final answer.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
The most recent game came to a grinding halt because the folks playing got stuck on a question (white china anyone?). This might be a lack of intelligence and patient researching on the players's side or a result of the folks who wrote the questions being gov't agents out to melt our minds.

C'mon now Crakeur... your were one of the folks that got stuck on "White China, CIA, "Real Reason"... This is a case of the game creater gone 'bye-bye'. I'm quite convinced the game is one of the lowest priorities on the plate and there will be no new hints w/o "V"... unless someone else takes on the adminsitration of the game site. With all the changes going on here, I'm not surprised, nor really upset. (although I might whine a bit more until the game thread is officially closed)

Incidentally, Crakeur still loves sitting in his sumo lounge, fondly remembering the ufo questions and how he couldn't figure out how to confirm the grand prize for 40 or so minutes before someone else got the final answer.

That was indeed a fun game... I wanted a free Sumo. Took awhile to get your's if I recall. (are they still in business?)

It's all good

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was stuck as well. Never said I wasn't. The amount of work that goes into the game, both planning and then monitoring, is, apparently, massive and yes, the current situation dictates that the game is on hold.

The sumo didn't take too long to get. A week or two, if I recall correctly and I think they're still in business.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I was stuck as well. Never said I wasn't

You're right... my bad

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
When I first saw this thread and before I saw the authors name, I thought there were either developements in the current game, or it was reactivated.

darn you, damajikninja!

Nah just kidding, dmn.

Maybe the activity in this forum will show the Admins that there is still great interest....

top topics

join