It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane impact caused street light to fail for a second?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Watch the shop to the left/behind the man. All the lighting on this shop turns off for a split second, then comes back on. Now im a little nervous, because im not sure what to make of this. Can a jetfuel fireball cause an EMP to affect street lighting some distance away, or any explosion for that matter??

Now my question is, what is causing the street lighting to fail for a split second????

OK straight up, congratulations on a fresh and totally valid observation after years of scrutiny right under peoples noses.

What could cause the power glitch? The flicker is instantaneous with the collision so I actually have to wonder if a building across the street would be affected by a surge that quickly... do any other angles of the 2nd impact catch such a glitch?

I'm no expert, but there's perhaps another explanation, that something requiring a large power draw may have been SWITCHED ON or APPLIED at that moment. Unfortunately I don't have any real suggestions as to what that might be.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

At 1651 EDT, two networks were removed from service by Consolidated Edison Company due to the threat of collapse of World Trade Center Building Seven, situated directly above the two Trade Center stations feeding these networks. A total of 9,752 customers, or 67 MW of demand, was removed from service. At 1721, World Trade Center Building Seven collapsed and destroyed both of the World Trade Center stations)

WHOA. Read that again. They anticipated Tower 7 coming down and removed it from service PRECISELY 30 MINUTES prior to the tower collapse. Also indicated here is that the power to both towers was sourced from somewhere in Tower 7, meaning that flicker would've had to pass through Tower 7 to the store across the street in the original footage.

Edit...
Here's the link to the above document from NERCs website: www.nerc.com...
Download and save it pronto imo.

Edit2: I'm reposting this info in a new thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
for further discussion, the poor OP has been hijacked enough.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It was more than 30 minutes. They knew the building was significantly damaged, in the morning, which they knew, and at 430pm they decided it was in danger of collapsing. During the day several firefighters thought something wasn't right about the building though. They noticed that it was leaning, and there was a bulge between the 10th and 13th floors, among other things. It probably took them the 20 minutes to get word to ConEd.

As for the light flicker, the impacts and explosions caused a quick short circuit. It's happened before under other conditions, and I'm sure it'll happen again in the future.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, besides vague references to anonymous firefighters, we now know a specific company who was not only anticipating the collapse of Tower 7, but preparing for it.

I also noticed this in ConEdison's Yearly Report from 2001:

Richard J. Morgan June 8, 1935 – September 11, 2001

Richard J. Morgan, who served as Con Edison’s vice president of Emergency Management until his retirement in 2000, perished in the attack on the World Trade Center. In a Con Edison career that spanned four decades, Dick Morgan developed close working relationships with New York City’s Fire Department, Police Department, Office of Emergency Management, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, particularly in times of crisis. Those at Con Edison and throughout the city and the industry who knew Dick Morgan mourn his passing and celebrate his memory.

library.corporate-ir.net...
(page 18)

I wonder in what capacity he was at the site. I was unable to find out exactly what happened for him to have died.

Btw does anyone know exactly how that FBI ex-counter-terrorism chief died, given it was his first day in charge of the WTC security or such?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to go with "The building collapsed on him". Is there supposed to be some ultra suspicious way he died that day or something? I'd say the total collapse of the buildings would be enough to kill him.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah dude but some facts would be preferred over your guesses.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would be helpful to know how the building in question was related to the WTC stations and the grid in that area. I suspect it is on the same part of the grid as the WTC stations were only accounting for 64 MW of load. I would seem to not be too wild a guess to believe the WTC events did affect the building across the street.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join