It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butts responsible for missing toilet paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Funny story, but I think 3 years incarceration for stealing toilet paper is going a bit overboard. :shk:

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - Police blame a woman named Butts for stealing toilet paper from a central Iowa courthouse, and while they're chuckling, the theft charge could put her in prison.
"She's facing potentially three years of incarceration for three rolls of toilet paper," Chief Lon Walker said, stifling a laugh as he talked to KCCI-TV about Suzanne Marie Butts. "See, I can't say it with a straight face."
Workers had noticed the rolls disappearing from the Marshall County Courthouse much faster than usual, Walker said.

msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's a crime to steal. It doesn't matter if it's gasoline, jewelry, or toilet paper.

I really doubt that the woman will get three years for stealing toilet paper--killing her husband, maybe.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds like a prank by Bart Simpson...Seymour Butts.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the cost of the toilet paper would have sufficed.

This is going way overboard. I think this war has people on a war-mode

and very intolerant of anything.

Sheesh.

Way over the top. Toilet paper gets you 1 year per count, and Paris Hilton's DWI gets her 40 days.

What's wrong with this picture??? She could have killed herself or someone, while toilet paper...well....its only good for one lousy purpose and it cant hurt anyone. Its not right to steal, but c'mon.

RICH PEOPLE STEAL TOILET PAPER TOO. Maybe this person will get off with no time simply because she's loaded?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by dgtempe]

top topics

join