It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Information on Flying Jellyfish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
hey everyone, Im new here and I have a story to tell,this experince is indeed real,this did happend,im telling the truth, im wondering if anybody had similiar experience or any information about flying jellyfish,..ok here goes.

OK, Ill start off where I live and when it happend, I live in the United States of America, Eaststroudsburg,Pennsylvania, its in the northeast of the state, my experience happend in my senior year of highschool i was 18, im now 20 years old, It was a bright sunny,day with no clouds, outside,I would say it was either March,April,May,it was gym class, the last class of the day, after we were done playing a sport we all started to go inside school, i was walking behind everyone in my class, everyone was far ahead of me, i was in no rush, we still had to wait for the bell to ring to go home, anyway, i was just looking up in the sky thinking what a beautiful day it was, and wondering what to do when i get home, then suddenly i noticed this clear/greyish thing started oddly flying towards me, i thought it was a kids balloon flying, then as it got closer I was wondering what it was and why was it flying since there was no wind, then soon enough it was hovering over my head, it was hovering pretty high in the sky, i was staring at it, it looked like a clear jellyfish swimming in mid air,it had no sound coming from it, I was like what the hell!?
it didn't do anything, it just swimmed in mid-air over me and continued swimming continuesly like it was in water, it seriously looked like the greyish-clearish jellyfish i would see at the jersey shore, i only told my best friend, who is into aliens and weird stuff, and thats it, then , a year later i was watching a special on the discover channel or the history channel on the history of aliens, and how it told the famous story about the alien spacecraft/weather balloon incident back in the 40's/50's, they said the government was testing a spy device disguised as a weather balloon, and showed other spy devices that could fly, that was ment for spying on the enemy, and oddly enough they said they would disquise one spy device as jellyfish, but not like the one i saw, it was bigger, kinda like the big mushroom type. So, does anyone have a similiar experience or any information about flying jellyfish, or spying devices to look like jelly fish??

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
First off, hello! Welcome to ATS. I'm relatively new here myself, and hope you enjoy your stay as much as I'm doing!

So, flying jellyfish...don't worry, 1bat4u, you're obviously not alone in seeing these critters...

www.flyingrods.com...

They have been seen for some considerable time, and whilst all of the reports may not be reliable, many are extremely convincing. I am of the opinion that our world is home to creatures that exhibit abilities, and live in an environment (the vacuum of space), that defies all known and accepted zooilogical knowledge.

The NASA space tether experiment, mentioned in detail in the link, is, for me, a very telling example. Some view the swarm of spheres/globules that gather around the severed, fourteen mile long cable as mini UFOs (which technically they are as we don't actually know what they were), but on watching it again and again, they do seem to exhibit organic behaviour. Then again, just to confuse the issue even more, on asking a question of sleeper in his thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are, apparently, self replicating alien ships that produce small entities designed for specific purposes.

Conversely, who's to know that all of the UFO activity seen in our skies doesn't come with a price? Perhaps 'they' have brought, along with their incredible vehicles, creatures that they share space with? Maybe there is a symbiotic relationship with these jellyfish (for want of the correct description), that would be beyond our understanding? But hey, I'm just surmising here...

Your sighting sounds very interesting. You say: 'it was hovering over my head, it was hovering pretty high in the sky...' could you give us an idea how big this object was? And how did it leave the scene?

Nice first post. Keep 'em up!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you for that warm welcome Beamish!, this site is interesting and makes me wonder about the world, anyways to answer your question, on how big was the object, i pulled out a measuring tape and remembered how big it was, I would say it was about 30-40 inches length wise. and 12-15 inches width wise,and how did it leave the scene,? basically, it was swimming in mid-air in a random path and it just happend to swim by me and over my head, it didnt stop, it just swam in a random path going over my head and continueing swimming, come to think about it,it almost seemed like it was lost or something,it was going in s shapes at a slow speed,,thanks for the websites, now im guessing its quite possible it could be from another planet that just happend to come to earth, oh and awesome batman icon!!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1bat4u
Thank you for that warm welcome Beamish!, this site is interesting and makes me wonder about the world, anyways to answer your question, on how big was the object, i pulled out a measuring tape and remembered how big it was, I would say it was about 30-40 inches length wise. and 12-15 inches width wise,and how did it leave the scene,? basically, it was swimming in mid-air in a random path and it just happend to swim by me and over my head, it didnt stop, it just swam in a random path going over my head and continueing swimming, come to think about it,it almost seemed like it was lost or something,it was going in s shapes at a slow speed,,thanks for the websites, now im guessing its quite possible it could be from another planet that just happend to come to earth, oh and awesome batman icon!!

You're more than welcome! I'm pleased to see you've got the right idea when you say these boards are making you wonder about the world.
You're not as old as I am (unfortunatley, most people are'nt as I am considerably ancient
) and it's good to see such a healthy attitude in the young. Don't forget; you can measure a circle starting anywhere, so don't let anyone tell you where to start.

Your quote from the first post: 'it was hovering over my head, it was hovering pretty high in the sky,'

If you held the tape measure at arms length and it truly fitted into those measurements, then we are talking about some monumental object. What an incredible sighting. It's a crying shame you didn't have a camera with you. It's interesting to note you got the impression it looked lost, indicating it may have been disorientated.
This is supposition, but could that be compared to the behaviour of whales that become distressed after swimming up rivers? It could tie in with the theory that some of these 'jellyfish' are living organisms.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Beamish]

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
interesting information, thanks for the circle quote, i get it, I wont forget that one,perhaps the ''alien jellyfish'' closely resembles earth sea creatures, like you said about the whales, wait a minute, scientists said they found a planet like earth, maybe theres another earth -like planet,with similar animals and beings, maybe it was traveling and got confused and came on this planet, -its possible,

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Last November 18th, 2011 I had a similar experience but on a much larger scale. I walked out my backdoor which faces east toward Riverside, CA about 1.5 miles high, 3 to 6 miles away was a jellyfish hovering in the air. It was early evening, still light outside. No clouds. A clear unobstructed view for almost 10 minutes. Without anything in the air next to it to use as a reference, I estimated it to be overall about the size of the LA Coliseum. It was translucent with an orange and pink glow. It had 5 or 6 Octopus type tentacles under it that were wildly and erratically kicking the entire time. It seemed to be necessary for both lift and stability. I do refer to it as a UFO, but it was absolutely a living being. I pulled my neighbor from her apartment to witness it since I had no camera handy and I'm so glad that I did. Because it's one thing to tell people you saw a flying metal disk. It's quite another to say you seen a giant flying Jellyfish. I did report this sighting to Mufon. It was absolutely incredible and phenomenal... and it was very real.
I have found a few videos and pics online. And have found related info under the subjects 'atmospheric beasts' and 'air kraken'. Also by searching using these terms and combinations of these terms... jellyfish ufo, jellyfish ovni, flying jellyfish, biological ufo.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am shocked and elated to have found this! I have also seen one of these, roughly three months ago. I woke up, probably about four or five in the morning, and in the dim morning light I watched a greyish white jellyfish (normal jellyfish size) hover six feet above the floor. It floated gently across my room and through the window. I tried to wake my boyfriend to show him, but by the time he was coherent, it was gone. I have often wondered what it was that I saw, since it was certainly not a "normal" physical object (it went through the solid window).

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Not exactly flying but I know boys in Florida will play catch with cannonball jellyfish. They get stung too but are immune to the stings. Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1bat4u

What brought me to this site is because i was looking up any info about flying jellyfish and an encounter I had when I was 6 years old. I was living on a military base called YPG in Yuma, Arizona and was walking along a dirt path behind my house. I had saw a floating creature above my head, probably 15 feet above me, that looked like a sting ray but was transparent like a jellyfish and its colors. It was almost as if it was following me. Never really talked to any one about it except brothers and sisters. I have no information on this, just my encounter and the memory of it for over 20 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1bat4u

I've heard of these as well. I've heard of them being called "Sky-Fish" back in the 70's. There was supose to be a guy that took pictures of them using an infra-red camera in the skies near "Skin Walker Ranch"

In this day and age, I don't see why a full spectrum camera couldn't be used to try a photograph one of these. I'm asssuming that if the sun light hit one of these at the right angle they should be see able with the nakied eye.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1bat4u

Ive heard the occasional story, if you google it you get some questionable pictures and not much else

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is very interesting guys, thanks for sharing your stories so that I can relate to them. I am a small aircraft Pilot from Jamaica who have been flying for the past 18 years around the Island. I have seen objects in the sky on several occasions. However over the past three to six months I have had 3 sightings of an unidentified creature. In the first instance, I saw at my 12 o clock position, I concluded that it was garbage/debris which I have seen on previous occasions confirmed to be black plastic bags which I concluded got picked up by whirlwinds, however as the object got closer, it appeared to be majestic and as it passed, it seemed to be grey/ blue in color with a soft glow, resembling that of a Jellyfish, no larger than the size of a baseball. My most previous sighting however was last Wednesday May 1st 2013 while flying along the coast of Lances Bay, Hanover, Jamaica at an altitude of 2000 ft. One conclusion I made was that this object was picked up by a water spout and was descending back to the surface, however on none of these occasion did I noticed any weather conditions, hence I am still puzzled as to what this could possibly be. Today I decided to search Google for answers, off course knowing that someone else must have experienced this. I then learnt that other persons have seen these objects, I proceeded to ask a Pilot friend of mine if he had any such sightings, he said no, however he will be more observant going forward. I am also going to ask other Pilots when I return to work this Wednesday.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 1bat4u
hello I am old fan of this site and new to the forum
I know this is an old threat I still hope it will find its way. This happened in perth western australia. I would like to confirm the story of the flying jellyfish like creature as described on your thread by there was two of us who seen it actually not just myself. To my story there is another eyewitness from perth on different forum anyhow.. we were in Perth CBD actually having a glass of wine on a quite loud jazz music playing balcony about 10 meters from the ground when we saw this creature you are describing . I am so thrilled to find out there is more people around the world who has seen this. the creature was behaving exactly as described by you. so basically like "flying transcendent jellyfish " but without any long tentacles about a size of a ballon it was kind of reflecting colors according to the different colored lighting attached to the balcony. and it was flying up words so effortlessly. It is really precious I have finally found this I have been searching for so long. I have to be honest I don't recall the exact day but it must have been around November 2013 when we have seen it definitely around 9-10pm and either friday or saturday. the creature wasn't too shy either meaning it didn't fly in a hurry and was so "alive"( you could tell it is a living creature from the movements). Would gladly put my hand on my heart on this one and now actually maybe try to find it again but who knows how often do they appear .oh just to add like mrscary3721 said it had rather octopus like tentacles rather the the jellyfish long stringy ones

very cool
edit on 10-2-2015 by MimiSia because: typing mistake

edit on 10-2-2015 by MimiSia because: add more info

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1bat4u

In 1986 I had a school of up to 15 "flying jellyfish" fly into my house in Fitzwilliam , NH at night . They had pale softball sized "heads" and many tendrils of light fibers that stretched 8-10
feet . Each individual was a slightly different pastel hue and gave off a glow that disspelled the darkness . For 45 minutes my wolf , Tasha , and I
watched in wonder as the jellies danced with intertwining tendrils before slowly flying one by one off into the night .

edit on 31-10-2015 by WesWhitham because: double word

top topics

join