It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Reality, but not Dreams.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have in many cases had lucid dreams where I was in control, but in many cases in dreams I don't seem to question the weird occurrences and except them 100%.

Why do you think this happens?

Why do we question so many things in our waking reality but not in the dream world?

Also another thing that I think about quite a bit is, where do we go when we are not dreaming? Do we cease to exist? Can our physical minds not record what we are experiencing?

Have any of you ever woke from a dream or sleep and had a difficult time figuring out who you were, where you were, and remember anything at all? Kind of like temporary amnesia.

I was wonder what people have to say about this and I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just different.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Nice thread Realtruth, I have posted on some threads to do with dreams here:

Remembering Dreams

Memories of the Womb

I've always found dreams to be an interesting and creative subject.

It is my belief that dreams are the minds way of "ticking over" while our body goes through the natural process of repairing, regenerating and recovering from the rigours of "life". If it didn't do anything, it's called "death!

When the consious becomes unconsious, I think there is a "trail" laid, somewhere deep inside when this transition takes place, somewhere between awake and REM, and sometimes this "trail" is picked up and connected to by the deeper dreaming subconsious state. The link is made and that is when "lucid" dreaming can take place. Using memories from "reality" to steer the ficticious world of slumber.

In my opinion, this "link" is the one invisible thing we NEED, to become consious again. Without it, how does the body, mind and spirit know how to "wake".

Funny old world innit! These are just a few of my ideas, I will be interested to see how this thread shapes out............. see ya

The degree of control and awareness is different for all people and also depends on the general condition of the "mind/spirit".

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I have in many cases had lucid dreams where I was in control, but in many cases in dreams I don't seem to question the weird occurrences and except them 100%.

Why do you think this happens?

Why do we question so many things in our waking reality but not in the dream world?

Also another thing that I think about quite a bit is, where do we go when we are not dreaming? Do we cease to exist? Can our physical minds not record what we are experiencing?

Have any of you ever woke from a dream or sleep and had a difficult time figuring out who you were, where you were, and remember anything at all? Kind of like temporary amnesia.

I was wonder what people have to say about this and I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just different.

Hey I'm also a lucid dreamer and know quite a bit about the subject.
It is common for us to accept the reality that is presented to us in dreams because we act on an unconscious level. We don't have the same logic, reasoning and decision making skills as we would in waking life so it can be a lot harder to decern what is real and what is not. It is the minds way of allowing not only your body to unwind, but also your own mind. It needs to experience certain scenarios in order to unwind itself.

We question things more often in the real world because we have a higher level of consciousness, which means we are more aware of ourselves and our surroundings and we have more logic, reasoning, decisiveness and creativity skills. When your in a dream, it is much like being on autopilot, it is only when you enter the world of lucid dreaming that you take yourself off autopilot.

I don't understand what you mean when we are not dreaming? do you mean the period of sleep before the REM cycle? during this phase we go into a very deep sleep, so deep that your mind almost shuts off completely. It is usually experienced as just a period of restfullness where the mind is blank although many may still have dreams during this period.

I've never experienced the temporary amnesia you speak of but I assume it would be caused by the switching from a deep unconscious level to a higher conscious level.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I often had this feeling our dreams are more worth than this physical reality!

all that is in dreams created, affects us in our daily lives.

we're just living 'the dream.

new topics

top topics

join