It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A most unusual UFO - Buenos Aires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just come across this today, hope it hasn't been posted before.

www.ufodigest.com...

If we could get a better image we could have a really decent look and see if it's anything as the image provided is pixelated pretty bad.

What do you think?

Mod Edit - Added to the title to stop duplicate thread confusion.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Looks like a rocket to me. Still, I think I can safely say it's a UFO until it has been identified completely.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A balloon maybe mate ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm really not sure, it looks like something out of Flash Gordon!, let's wait and see if anything else surfaces from it.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thread 1 (locked)

Thread 2

3rd time lucky i guess

[edit on 25-5-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is the first thread to cover this subject. I modified the title in hopes to stop some confusion with duplicate threads.

Several sources post the same information.

Coast to Coast:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

UFO Digest:
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's an interesting shape and design, since it isn't the usual smooth and featureless UFO so often seen and photographed. In fact, it looks like something taggers got to with a lot of spray cans. This, along with the shape, tends to make me think that it is some kind of decorated balloon.

Still, there's nothing that says aliens wouldn't like dressing their space ships up with cool designs and colors, flame jobs and pinstriping. Human beings love to decorate ordinary things, including their cars and ships, with colorful patterns and symbols. Why is it that we always assume alien ships will be all clean and shiny and metallic, when they could just as easily be pimped out?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I didnt hear of this sighting...

I will try to find more info in the local news.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
OK this case is now solved!!!

Turns out that this thing is a toy in the Metal Gear series..

Here's the proof

www.ufodigest.com...

Well that explains that one!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My God what a shame.

From a fellow argentinean. I cant believe the amount of controversy that this guy generated with just a toy.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sad that it was a fake, in the sense that it was not what everyone expected. But, and this is important, it was not a fake photo. The first thing everyone did was to scream cgi about this, according to the piece I read in UFO Digest.

This ought to be a wake up call that all the "experts" who descend on something of this nature and say it's photoshopped because of the pixelation can be wrong. This was a real object, and the photo wasn't manipulated in any way. It wasn't a UFO, because the people that posted it as one were creating a hoax.

Still, maybe some of those photos that were labeled as a hoax on the grounds of cgi need a second look. If the experts can be fooled with this one, they could have been wrong in the past. Some good could come out of this hoax after all.

top topics

join