It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China confirms SARS case and slaughter of civets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It is confirmed by the Chinese the first new case of SARS since July 2003.

In addition Chinese authorities have ordered the slaughter of many animals called Civets which are believed to harbour the virus and are consumed by many Chinese people in Guangdong province where they are sold.

edition.cnn.com...

I think it will take more than getting rid of civets to conquer this problem due to the numbers of animals consummed and the overall poor conditions.

Hopefully this affliction will not spread to other countries this year and cause economic havoc.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What's a civet?

Well it looks like a small oppossum but with markings a lot like those of skunk.

the Chinese say they are delicious!

think I'll pass.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I also hope that it doesn't spread as it did last spring.

There's a new suspected case in the Phillipines now.

SARS in the Phillipines

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What's a civet?

Well it looks like a small oppossum but with markings a lot like those of skunk.

the Chinese say they are delicious!

think I'll pass.

Yeah, I just came back from Korea and Japan and I didn't see any Civets, skunks or possums, but there was ample opportunity to eat squid, kimbop (sp?), and kimchee... yes I ate it and oh my god!
ick...ack... bleeeeck!

and some kind lady offered me ox-butt (tail) soup, told me I would have lots of male offspring if I ate it...
whoopee!

I came back and all I wanted to do was go to a steak house and have steak and fries...

top topics

join